Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sending prayers from Australia that Dani, Jack’s sister and their families and all those they hold dear stay safe.  

Reading about what happened when I woke this morning. What a sad day for Israel and the world. Thankfull that the defenses worked well

Dear Dani @dani negreanu my thoughts and prayers are with you and Aaron and your family. And with Bonnie's in laws @BonTexasNY

I pray for peace in the region and for our poor world

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, thank you for the update. I was checking until bedtime last night, and came here before even checking news sites.  Praying this ends here, and all in the path of any kind of further attempt are protected. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The sun came out yesterday, after several days of heavy rain.  We are still under a flood watch thru tomorrow with a few roads closed due to high water. 

We were able to walk to this part of the campground, but water level is up another 1 foot + this morning, so the access road we used to get to this point would be under water this morning. 

IMG_0950.thumb.jpeg.f55f7e59876c6d444d6159254c0cb93e.jpeg

Our water levels are up, since they are trying to reduce the amount of water reaching Pittsburgh. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

The sun came out yesterday, after several days of heavy rain.  We are still under a flood watch thru tomorrow with a few roads closed due to high water. 

We were able to walk to this part of the campground, but water level is up another 1 foot + this morning, so the access road we used to get to this point would be under water this morning. 

IMG_0950.thumb.jpeg.f55f7e59876c6d444d6159254c0cb93e.jpeg

Our water levels are up, since they are trying to reduce the amount of water reaching Pittsburgh. 

Sorry to read about the flooding 

• Like 2

Well, my plans to spend the day walking Stanley Park have changed….instead of arriving Vancouver tomorrow morning, I will be (hopefully) arriving 11hrs later due to “operational issues”At least DH & I don’t have to get up before dawn tomorrow morning and there is now a strong possibility that the “kids” can meet me at the airport when I arrive.  Time to put that koala onesie back into my carryon and embarrass the heck out of my kids - with my 🐨 hugs at the airport.

• Like 12
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I just turned on the news & saw video of the Iron Dome at work. Impressive. 

Good news is always welcomed. 

I tend to wonder if it wasn't more of a show of look what we could do if we want to. They are also using relatively inexpensive drones to deplete a stock of relatively expensive missiles to shoot them down. I'd like to think that they are not dumb enough to start WW III.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2024 at 6:22 PM, dani negreanu said:

The only time we considered travelling directly to Southampton from Heathrow was for a "tester" cruise on the Apex inaugural (April 2020, Covid cancelled).

I've found the process of booking reserved seats very user friendly and convenient (and, of course, when we cancelled due Covid, we were immediately reimbursed).

I've made a mock booking for July 11....

https://book.nationalexpress.com/coach/#/choose-journey?journeyType=single&departureStopId=57020&destinationStopId=65136&departureDate=11%2F07%2F2024&departArrive=DepartAfter&outboundTime=00:00&returnDate=11%2F07%2F2024&departArriveReturn=DepartAfter&returnTime=00:00&adults=1&children=0&infants=0&euroAdults=1&euroChildren=0&euroSixtyPlus=0&euroInfants=0&ouiAdults=1&ouiChildren=0&usingCoachCard=false&youngPersonCards=0&seniorCards=0&disabledCards=0&partnerId=NX&campaignId=DEFAULT&request_locale=en&numResults=4

Thanks I will most likely do the bus rather than lugging suitcases on train.

Just have to hope no delay of flights so I will book a bus 3 hours after arrival

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well, my plans to spend the day walking Stanley Park have changed….instead of arriving Vancouver tomorrow morning, I will be (hopefully) arriving 11hrs later due to “operational issues”At least DH & I don’t have to get up before dawn tomorrow morning and there is now a strong possibility that the “kids” can meet me at the airport when I arrive.  Time to put that koala onesie back into my carryon and embarrass the heck out of my kids - with my 🐨 hugs at the airport.

Sorry you will miss Stanley park as it was great place to walk and I slept well that night and legs were sore too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Thanks I will most likely do the bus rather than lugging suitcases on train.

Just have to hope no delay of flights so I will book a bus 3 hours after arrival

We took the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton.  We boarded the bus at our arrival terminal in a shaded area with seating. There were taxis waiting at the Southampton bus terminal. I made the mistake, or maybe not, of booking a Hilton that was not too close to city center. One day , we took the bus to Winchester. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Missing Stanly Park will be disappointing... How long will you get to spend in Vancouver?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We took the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton.  We boarded the bus at our arrival terminal in a shaded area with seating. There were taxis waiting at the Southampton bus terminal. I made the mistake, or maybe not, of booking a Hilton that was not too close to city center. We took the bus to Winchester one day .  

We will be doing the opposite in April.  I will need to figure out how to get from Southampton to downtown London.  We’ll have too many bags I think to take a train. We actually will get off in Portsmouth, then I want to spend a couple of nights there or Southampton, taking the train to bath and maybe Cotswold? Then we’ll spend a week in London before flying home. We’ll skip Stonehenge but will do a day trip out to Windsor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Well,   this Aussie koala will definitely be doing the full Love Actually Airport scene - flight has been pushed back a further 1 1/2hrs.  But who knows what the next update will be in the morning….

Oh no , sorry you've got aviation delays. Are you at the airport all this time ? 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We will be doing the opposite in April.  I will need to figure out how to get from Southampton to downtown London.  We’ll have too many bags I think to take a train. We actually will get off in Portsmouth, then I want to spend a couple of nights there or Southampton, taking the train to bath and maybe Cotswold? Then we’ll spend a week in London before flying home. We’ll skip Stonehenge but will do a day trip out to Windsor.

Highclere Castle home of Downton Abbey is at Newbury about 35 miles North of Southampton.

It is best to pre-book online.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

Dani - I hope you are getting some rest today.  Please know there are many people all over the world who are praying for the protection and peace for the people of Israel including the DH and I.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Praying this ends here, and all in the path of any kind of further attempt are protected. 

+ 1 , thanks

And a BIG thank you to all of you, too many to thank individually. It really means so much for me in those trying times.

Pls. forgive me, after a tense and sleepless night, I'm simply exhausted.

Relieved that our allies and us managed to intercept all that was "thrown" our way, and hoping against hope that this will be the end of it....

• Like 40
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1 , thanks

And a BIG thank you to all of you, too many to thank individually. It really means so much for me in those trying times.

Pls. forgive me, after a tense and sleepless night, I'm simply exhausted.

Relieved that our allies and us managed to intercept all that was "thrown" our way, and hoping against hope that this will be the end of it....

So happy you are safe. I hope you can get some rest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Shogun 

I did a search on my cable and found Shogun. It will show S1E9 on FX Tuesday 9 central time.  My cable did not save earlier episodes with On Demand. 

I also found it today at Episode 9.I wonder if there is a way to get back to Episode 1 .I know I can do it on my I-pad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just thought I'd point out that 112 years ago today Titanic was sailing what would be its last day at sea before the the unthinkable began...

Hard to believe it’s been that long ago. If only there had been a lighthouse on the ice berg. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5