Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The meds they gave me really helped so far.  I am just tender and icky feeling.  I am glad I have an appointment Monday to see what the urologist says. 

Good luck I had mine zapped. It was kind of a weird procedure but painless. Booked up the stone and I easily passed it the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we moved here back in December 2022, the house across the street had a construction trash trailer in the driveway.  It was clearly marked that it was only for contractor trash.  Of course we saw people throwing their trash bags in there…their abandoned Christmas trees.  Sigh.  We were so happy when the holidays were over and the house was finished.  We had all our multiple moving boxes and one neighbor said “Aren’t you lucky you can just throw them away in the trailer?”  Um, no.  Not only would I not do that…but the moving boxes all had our name clearly marked on them…

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have never seen that movie.  Not a big Pesci fan.

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You should watch it. MarisaTomei is so good!

44 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Just watching it for the actress who plays his girlfriend is worth it!

Just to add on, Marisa Tomei  who is Joe Pecsi girlfriend, is the perfect foil for him. She earned an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. 

Often overlooked is Fred Gwynne - aka Herman Munster - as the serious, dry judge trying to maintain some dignity & order in his courtroom. Alas, it was his final performance as he passed just a year later.

• Like 9

On 6/20/2024 at 11:18 AM, Tree_skier said:

I second that one...  It's fantastic.  DW and went there on one of our trips to Branson and at @xpcdoojk's recommendation we tried it.  It is well worth the price.

Glad you liked it.  We have lots of great restaurants around here.  We fight way above our level in that area.  

We have a biz buddy staying with us for the fourth coming up with his wife, and of course, my customer friend is now interested in entertaining us.  (Remember we are retired and can’t help either of them any more).  I invited them both for fireworks on the 5th at our lake cabin (nephew does an insane amount of fireworks, our neighbor who is a CPA and his business is accounting for festivals), does a burning bear fire bonfire (play on burning man… we burned a stuffed bear the first time) while the fireworks go nuts, and of course, my customer is insisting they take us in their cruiser to Big Cedar Lodge for lunch, then back to our place and I will cook dinner.  Big Cedar is Johnny Morris’s fancy resort on the lake about 30 miles from our house.  (JM is the sole owner of Bass Pro Shops). Life is weird when you retire.  

Took my Airstream to the dealer to fix the fairly long list of piddly things that broke during the January to April trip.  I showed up and the guy I have been working with looked at me with a why are you hear look.  Apparently, there was a cyber attack on on of the car/rv/boat dealerships software Wednesday, and they basically can’t do anything.  Good thing I don’t need the AS until August 15.

We are at the lake and our cruising friends Sue and Shelby theoretically are coming over tomorrow for a boat ride…. Sue has been freaking out since last year at this time when Shelby who is 78 almost 79 about died from heat exhaustion.  I got called on the Friday late before the fourth to take Sue to the hospital in Branson because Shelby was passed out and the ambulance was taking him.  We ended up getting to the hospital about 45 minutes before the ambulance.  Lord I apologize bless the Pygmies in New Guinea (Larry the cable guy, who I walked with at Big Cedar several years ago during the pro-am.  Good guy) She has had him locked down since last summer…. So maybe after his ablation surgery to fix his abnormal rhythms she will let him out to play again.  Shelby is a super fit marathon running machine (or he was prior to last year).  

Life is weird.

jc

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Remember that big storm in our area at the end of May? All of the downed trees & branches are still piled up by the streets waiting to be picked up by the city. They say they have now completed 50% of the pickup, but it really doesn't seem like it. 

In the meantime, normal bulk trash pickup has been suspended indefinitely while they focus on storm debris. That means the usual junk people would leave by the curb is not getting picked up for an even longer time. The city has stressed that they will not pick up the branches if there is any bulk trash mixed in. 

So someone in our neighborhood, not wanting their own house to be junked up by their trash, dumped a loveseat and a wooden pallet in our storm debris pile this morning. It's too big to fit in our cars to take to the dump. Brian moved them away from the branches so at least the city won't skip it, but now our yard looks like a trash pile due to rude neighbors. There's nowhere else for us to put it. 

We have added stuff to our neighbor's bulky waste pickup, but only after we have asked for permission. Unlike our neighbor who seems to think it is okay to use our garbage can. 

There is a church near our home. Egyptian Coptic. They were doing some leveling and had a large pile of broken up concrete for land fill. We had 5 -5-gallon buckets of broken up concrete, after replacing our side walkway. My idea was to go down and add them to their pile at night. Ever ethical Bill, said no. ☺️

I decided to stop and ask permission. (because he wouldn't 🙄) They were quite nice. I had to go and talk to the Aboud. (not sure on spelling) He questioned me, and I assured him that our broken-up walkway was identical to his concrete fill. 

I jumped back in the car and drove home to a surprised husband to load up the buckets. It went very well! And were able to dispose of the broken up concrete responsibly ☺️

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh Karen, I am so sorry.  Not only that you have the kidney stone, but also that your DH wasn't home to both take you to Urgent Care, and then to drive back and forth in circles just to get your meds.  I do hope you feel better quickly.  (((hugs)))

+ 1 Karen, wishing you a swift and complete recovery

((( )) @Keksie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday MancGirl!!

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@TravelGirlinDallas how dare they dump stuff like that.  Too many selfish people around unfortunately.

@Keksie sorry you have a kidney stone & had the run around for the meds.  Feel better soon.

@DaniDanielle & @MancGirl21  Happy Birthday 🎂

Thank you ☺️ 

• Like 1