Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Again I have no outside storage, no place to keep one, was just looking out of curiosuty. For sure am NOT buying a kayak and carting it up our passenger elevator. It might even be too long to fit. Cant being a sofa up in our elevator. If a sofa length wouldnt fit a kayak probably doesnt and would make a mess. But thanks. Again I was curious ... we will probably walk around. Maybe one rental. ..not 3. I dont ever plan on going into that water solo, by myself and wouldnt have anyone here to go out with me. I appreciate your wife's input. Idk what we will do. She is the birder. 

The inflatable one I mentioned, when deflated, folds up and fits into a bin that easily fits in the trunk of a car.  But if it is just going to be a one off thing for you then I'd just rent 🙂 

• Like 2

My wife wakes up at 4:30 4 days a week to work out with camp gladiator, before that she worked out at bother places , after she returned and showers I am still asleep, today was her 1000 checkin , between the two of us we still have exactly 1000 checkins😁😁😁😁.

image.thumb.jpeg.ef249256ee07f2a91aebe1ee643c18c3.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

So I actually have a cruising-related question for everyone here, and it doesn't involve bourbon at all 🤣

Our Freedom cruise in December stops at St. Kitts.  We've been there a few times, have done the Thenford Gray tour and Carambola, etc.  We've never done Nevis.  The ship offers a couple different excursions but we usually find we like the private ones better.  Has anyone done an excursion to Nevis that wasn't through the ship?  

We have done the Nevis tour with lunch and beach. It is very nice. Go for it!
Alexander Hamilton's birthplace, couple of churches, hot springs and couple of 5 star hotels (plantation homes converted) are tour stops. But they have removed the hotels when I last went. The beach time is at Pinney Beach next to what was the Four seasons and the lunch at the beach cafe (included in the tour) has a choice of chicken or fish. The sail there was on a pontoon type catamaran and one does get splashed so don't wear your tux.😁 Boat ride is also a bit jumpy but nothing bad.
I don't know what tour the others took, but we LOVED ours. It was a cruise ship excursion. Different operators both times I went.
I would never do a private excursion to Nevis due to it being "another" island, involving a ferry that did not make it back once due to ferry workers going on strike and some people having to pay "ransom" to some boat people to get them back to Port Zante before the ship left. So if you are with a cruise ship excursion here, you are OK.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@firefly333 What about Manatee Park?  That looks like a really nice park to walk and possibly see manatees.  I know when we have stayed near there overnight before a cruise, many people go to that park to see the manatees.  Can't beat the price and would be something to do with your cousin.

https://www.cityofcapecanaveral.org/community/parks___facilities/manatee_sanctuary_park.php

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@firefly333 What about Manatee Park?  That looks like a really nice park to walk and possibly see manatees.  I know when we have stayed near there overnight before a cruise, many people go to that park to see the manatees.  Can't beat the price and would be something to do with your cousin.

https://www.cityofcapecanaveral.org/community/parks___facilities/manatee_sanctuary_park.php

I'm looking for the most birds. I was told down in melbourne to go to the end of some road to a lake where there are actual seats up above for vantage points to see better is the best place. There are alligators in the lake but as long as you stay up on the path it's safe. She knows this area too. They have a time share and go to titusville almost every spring. So this area isnt unknown to her. She will keep us busy. I already got her a easy and hard pool noodle for pool aerobics. Walmart has the biggest around pool noodles that have the most resistance. We have 2 pools here and she said she will join me. We wouldnt be bored. We have a long history of getting into trouble together. Once in ashland ky we were seniors in high school and walked across the bridge to touch ohio then went over to the bowling alley and got picked up. My grandma always flavored her big time, it's amazing we still like each other. She said I was a hussy lol. My cousin still blames me as the ring leader. I think equally to blame. She laughs a lot and is hard not to like. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Sometimes the ports of call on cc dont have much. I'm leaving from San Diego for the Panama transit and there was nothing on San Diego as a port.

San Diego ———-

Sometimes you have to look beyond the cruise line offerings.  There is Sea World , La Jolla and the Mission , also.  Public transportation , like the trolley lines different from the tour trolley , will take you to worthwhile sights.

IMG_0272.png

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm looking for the most birds. I was told down in melbourne to go to the end of some road to a lake where there are actual seats up above for vantage points to see better is the best place. There are alligators in the lake but as long as you stay up on the path it's safe. She knows this area too. They have a time share and go to titusville almost every spring. So this area isnt unknown to her. She will keep us busy. I already got her a easy and hard pool noodle for pool aerobics. Walmart has the biggest around pool noodles that have the most resistance. We have 2 pools here and she said she will join me. We wouldnt be bored. We have a long history of getting into trouble together. Once in ashland ky we were seniors in high school and walked across the bridge to touch ohio then went over to the bowling alley and got picked up. My grandma always flavored her big time, it's amazing we still like each other. She said I was a hussy lol. My cousin still blames me as the ring leader. I think equally to blame. She laughs a lot and is hard not to like. 

That's great that she is coming to visit and the two of you can explore and make some new memories in your new home.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Fourteen years ago today I had the privilege of being present at the birth of this guy!IMG_9632.thumb.jpeg.f82cbf5567a188a2f214253e530dd3ad.jpeg

Happy 14th Birthday to your handsome grandson, Marietta!  How Blessed that you witnessed the birth of this young man!!❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

After the eruption of the volcano in Rekjavik, many of us were quite worried about John, Laura, Pat, and others that we know who are cruising on the World Cruise, since that is where they were docked yesterday.  I heard from Laura that everyone is on board and safe.  The eruption happened at night.  Thank you God!🙏

Maryann, thank you so much for updating us on our CC friends on the World Cruise.  So glad all is well on board.

@DaniDanielle Marietta, happy 14th birthday to your handsome grandson who has a beautiful grandma!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think @Luckynana may be right about your storage.  From your condo's website:

image.png.976cbf9e12bef5add3f97b8189732d15.png

Have a great time with your friend.  I love being with people who laugh easily, especially if you've known them forever.  Getting into trouble together tends to make for a better friendship. 😁

• Like 9

Yesterday a beautiful day here in the New Jersey / New York area. Today expected to be as well. 

We drove to the beach at Robert Moses State Park, Long Island, New York. Here are some photos:

NYC from the George Washington Bridge as we "crawled" over .... 

20240823_074409.thumb.jpg.ec06c2b1d4879f0613a901a61f28cff5.jpg

At the beach. A pretty calm ocean and we saw a bunch of dolphins (not pictured) as well.

20240823_101938.thumb.jpg.0f7227b9c8b075a290943a0590b00b12.jpg

We walked by the Fire Island Lighthouse on our way to the town of Kismet for lunch.

20240823_124929.thumb.jpg.7a5dca8805720621390daedf64144a03.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

PS We did a B2B in Europe in July / early August on Anthem. Our first cruising in Europe. Loved it! 

Edited by mets07
  • Like 19

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 63°F here in North East England at 14.55pm.

I hope everyone is having a nice peaceful day.

We had a nice lunch and trip to the beach.

IMG_20240824_111540.jpg

IMG_20240824_112016.jpg

IMG_20240824_135511.jpg

IMG_20240824_135841.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think @Luckynana may be right about your storage.  From your condo's website:

image.png.976cbf9e12bef5add3f97b8189732d15.png

Have a great time with your friend.  I love being with people who laugh easily, especially if you've known them forever.  Getting into trouble together tends to make for a better friendship. 😁

I cant imagine what the store means unless it means some kind of locker in the inside area by one of the pools. There is no other place where storage could be. Except a locker near the rest rooms. Certainly not big enough for a kayak. We do have a car wash you need to use a key to turn on I havent quit figured out yet, but making progress. The library is awesome. I'm using the library a lot. Lots of books. I can ask the maintenance guys or neighbors next time and I'm sure they will say it's not what I've seen others places. A big storage area. I would have seen big storage lockers. But I'll ask so this is put to rest. There isnt a place they could be. Not big ones more than a pool locker. Tell ya what I'll go down to the only place they can be and take a picture.

I saw a question posted to social media that a mother asked if she was wrong and 99% all said no. The grandma obviously favored one set of kids and not hers so she decided to keep the kids away from the grandma. I was the lone voice who disagreed. I said I knew she was biased and brushed it off even as a kid and think I benefitted from spending family time with my cousins and their families over any benefit to having been kept away from someone who favored another family. Overwhelmingly every response I saw said the mom was right keeping her kids from grandma.

I think in my case she was so over the top I couldn't be offended. She was my dads fathers 3rd wife. She was mean to my dad and his brothers and sent them to farms to pick beans for 15 cents a day. They werent allowed to live at the house but with farmers. My mom is a little slip of a thing and I can remember grandma greeting "put on a little weight havent you jean". A foster daughter did live with them and she married my dads brother and this cousin and her brother are from this marriage.if I passed my senior life saving she would reply, you should see Fxxxx, she swims like a fish" so exaggerated I just laughed.

I'd have hated missing all these visits with 4 families of cousins growing up and my mom to make a decision I couldnt see my grandparents. Seems parents now all disagree with me. Lol I got attacked for saying go visit but maybe tell the kids or discuss it. She always asked my dad for money every visit too. Not the other parents. My dad worked for NASA and a govt job and they were savers and had the money and gave it. I dont regret the visits now either. That's what I meant though when I said it would have been easy to resent her but she was always fun. Once its cooler everyone says they will come visit lol, even my sister and bil. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

His looks are deceiving as he is blonde and blue eyed like his dad was but he looks like our side of the family!

Yes! I was just about to post that he has your features.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1