Now for something completely different

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, and the lap too far (phar).

Doh. Missed that one.

When we cruised the canals in UK we had an Aussie flag on our narrowboat. People would ask if we were from New Zealand. Time for a change?

DSC01698.JPG

I'm really not sure how people get the flags mixed up unless they can't count or are colour blind. It's rather simple 5 white stars for Oz, 4 red stars for New Zealand.

I do have to confess that as a Canadian I have a hard time knowing the difference in the accents, just as I'm sure people from down under would have a hard time with the different Canadian accents.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Watch it earlier.... not as funny.....  could have been better.... but i think it was a early one

Still find it amusing that Woolworths are call Countdown... remember the first time a saw a countdown sign thought it was a record shop.....

Don

And New World supermarkets, Coles here were called that years ago.

Now for something completely different

The world is no longer flat.... but square........Lol

Had a nice dinner last night and watch a movie....

Now having second cuppa after breakfast, writing shopping list,

Sitting at the zero and ones machine.   typing something on the ""CC"" thingie 

So back to real world.... which is...????

Don

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

Quiet on here, Thursday evening, I suppose like me you are all watching the Test, Australia v India. India 2/79.

We had the cricket on but I was bored by dinner time! More action in the last session. I enjoy seeing the test live but not so much on TV. T20s and one dayers are fine on TV though because there is usually lots of action.

Leigh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I was watching that Race Across The World show. Lucky they got that filmed before the lockdowns😂

Is that what we know as the "Amazing Race" here in Canada? I used to like that show but it was really getting ridiculous so we stopped. We did watch the Canadian one from time to time and it was interesting to see the episode they shot here. They did a "task" at the RCN fleet school and I knew the Petty Officer in charge of the "exercise", he worked for me for a short time before he joined the Navy,

15 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Is that what we know as the "Amazing Race" here in Canada? I used to like that show but it was really getting ridiculous so we stopped. We did watch the Canadian one from time to time and it was interesting to see the episode they shot here. They did a "task" at the RCN fleet school and I knew the Petty Officer in charge of the "exercise", he worked for me for a short time before he joined the Navy,

Yes it is the Amazing Race. I think a few countries have their own versions, as Australia does. My son in law worked with the two winners on series 2 of the Australian series. 

Leigh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

No it is a British show where six teams have to cross a continent on the price of a one way plane ticket but are not allowed to use planes. It is interesting watching how they negotiate the public transport system and figuring out routes to get to their check points as quickly as possible but without using their whole budget, though surprisingly the prize is pretty small compared to the Amazing Race. I guess it is all about the experience😝. They started screening season 2 so I have been watching it every week. 

The Australian Amazing Race is suppose to screen next year. Because of border closures they have done a domestic version which I think will be interesting to watch. 

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 7:03 PM, NSWP said:

Quiet on here, Thursday evening, I suppose like me you are all watching the Test, Australia v India. India 2/79.

Are you watching the cricket now Les? Ausssies bowling extremely well.

Leigh

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Are you watching the cricket now Les? Ausssies bowling extremely well.

Leigh

Sure am Leigh, great pace bowling, India 8 for 30. Their lowest ever  test score is 42. Make it 9 down now.  Hazelwood  5 wickets for 3 runs.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Sure am Leigh, great pace bowling, India 8 for 30. Their lowest ever  test score is 42.

Now 9 down! Unbelievable! I have watched so much cricket since yeaterday - elder grandson played late yesterday, home to watch test. This morning watched younger grandson play this morning, home to watch the Hurricanes' innings in the BBL and now the test!

Leigh

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

Now 9 down! Unbelievable! I have watched so much cricket since yeaterday - elder grandson played late yesterday, home to watch test. This morning watched younger grandson play this morning, home to watch the Hurricanes' innings in the BBL and now the test!

Leigh

Yes Leigh, unbelievable. Me being an old cricketer, love it. You are cricketed out then, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes Leigh, unbelievable. Me being an old cricketer, love it. You are cricketed out then, lol.

I think the elder grandson will be the one cricketed out as most of the season so far he has played two or three games each weekend.

As well as playing yesterday, he played this morning and this afternoon is playing in the 5ths for his club with his father. They both made 50 not out last week. Also he keeps for all three teams.

Leigh