When will things start back up?

KS&JW

1 hour ago, chloemonkey said:

Did you receive an e mail?  If so, from which of the three lines?  As we have cruises booked on all three....and didn't receive any notification of the possible new start-up date.....

And I NEED to keep track of these silly dates in order to cancel within the "new" guidelines if need be....which I fear they will....

Thanks in advance...

No email. Saw an online news article this morning. Went on websites for Oceania and Regent. First cruises now in January.

13 hours ago, gnld said:

No email. Saw an online news article this morning. Went on websites for Oceania and Regent. First cruises now in January.

And herein lies the conundrum:

The CDC's new "conditional certification process" pretty much makes any regularly scheduled cruise (with a US port in its itinerary) impossible to happen. The required "test" cruises will easily occupy NCLH's restart efforts (all 3 lines) through, at least, January 2021.

At the same time, and with the understanding that non- US based itineraries might still be possible (though effectively being perceived as a "slap-in-the-face" to the CDC) AND foreign government restrictions are not about to disappear any time soon, the current Oceania policy of monthly announcements remains the best course of action since it maintains schedule flexibility and consistency in handling refunds et al. administrative tasks.

But, let's be honest: As much as many of us trust that Oceania will handle the new normal in an exemplary fashion, I just don't see ANY of the currently scheduled O cruises happening until, at least, the second quarter of 2021 and, even then, it will be a phased in restart.

Sadly, we've kissed off 2021 for cruising (except, we'd consider a California coastal short one next December). Thanks to O's FCC et al. flexibility, we've been able to turn the downside of our three 2020 cruise changes/cancellations into our own "restart" in 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

And herein lies the conundrum:

The CDC's new "conditional certification process" pretty much makes any regularly scheduled cruise (with a US port in its itinerary) impossible to happen. The required "test" cruises will easily occupy NCLH's restart efforts (all 3 lines) through, at least, January 2021.

At the same time, and with the understanding that non- US based itineraries might still be possible (though effectively being perceived as a "slap-in-the-face" to the CDC) AND foreign government restrictions are not about to disappear any time soon, the current Oceania policy of monthly announcements remains the best course of action since it maintains schedule flexibility and consistency in handling refunds et al. administrative tasks.

But, let's be honest: As much as many of us trust that Oceania will handle the new normal in an exemplary fashion, I just don't see ANY of the currently scheduled O cruises happening until, at least, the second quarter of 2021 and, even then, it will be a phased in restart.

Sadly, we've kissed off 2021 for cruising (except, we'd consider a California coastal short one next December). Thanks to O's FCC et al. flexibility, we've been able to turn the downside of our three 2020 cruise changes/cancellations into our own "restart" in 2022.

We have an April cruise with Oceania that we will NOT be going on. Just waiting for Nov. 11th when Oceania is slated to announce more 2022 cruises, out to early 2023. We booked the April cruise onboard last December, so we can make one change and retain all the onboard booking benefits.

2 hours ago, gnld said:

We have an April cruise with Oceania that we will NOT be going on. Just waiting for Nov. 11th when Oceania is slated to announce more 2022 cruises, out to early 2023. We booked the April cruise onboard last December, so we can make one change and retain all the onboard booking benefits.

Yes! ALWAYS "book onboard."

43 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Carnival Cruise Line has closed for sale any cruises from US ports of 8 days or longer through to October 2021.

They have not actually cancelled these cruises at this time and will update later about these itineraries.

That will take out a chunk of Alaska cruises! Watch those towns reliant on tourists and cruises go into convulsions! Long live the King!

While I don't want to start a thread of it's own as this is the Oceania board, since we're making announcements. Has anyone else seen the release where Celebrity is going All Inclusive? Basic drink package, tips, wifi. 

29 minutes ago, ORV said:

While I don't want to start a thread of it's own as this is the Oceania board, since we're making announcements. Has anyone else seen the release where Celebrity is going All Inclusive? Basic drink package, tips, wifi. 

No, I hadn't seen that announcement, so TFT (I made p my very own acronym: Thanks for that.)  Still not enough to entice me to sail on ships that big.  Not sure what would be enough.....

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Carnival Cruise Line has closed for sale any cruises from US ports of 8 days or longer through to October 2021.

This is not a surprise, as the CDC CSO states the cruise lines must not sail or offer to sail these cruises.

I would expect all cruise lines with such cruises scheduled to soon remove them from sale.

It is reported that Princess has redeployed one of its ships ( Sapphire ) from the 2021 Alaska season to the Taiwan market.

It will do 3 / 4 night domestic cruises to various Taiwanese Islands for Taiwan residents only.

This is a sensible move, as Taiwan is considered by many experts as the Gold Standard on how to manage a pandemic,

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

It is reported that Princess has redeployed one of its ships ( Sapphire ) from the 2021 Alaska season to the Taiwan market.

It will do 3 / 4 night domestic cruises to various Taiwanese Islands for Taiwan residents only.

This is a sensible move, as Taiwan is considered by many experts as the Gold Standard on how to manage a pandemic,

I would be interested in that cruise. I have wanted to visit Taiwan for a while and to combine a land trip there with cruise would be very appealing to me. I'm going to check with Princess to see if Americans could join that cruise if they are able to even fly to Taiwan at all.

48 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I would be interested in that cruise. I have wanted to visit Taiwan for a while and to combine a land trip there with cruise would be very appealing to me. I'm going to check with Princess to see if Americans could join that cruise if they are able to even fly to Taiwan at all.

The raison d'etre for that cruise is that the pool of potential clients is mostly unsullied in Taiwan because of their excellent response to Covid.

Allowing outsiders to participate would put everyone back in the same pool and probably get the Cruise cancelled before sailing.

Three Words:  Just Stay Home                                                                           

• Like 6

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

21 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

The raison d'etre for that cruise is that the pool of potential clients is mostly unsullied in Taiwan because of their excellent response to Covid.

Allowing outsiders to participate would put everyone back in the same pool and probably get the Cruise cancelled before sailing.

Three Words:  Just Stay Home                                                                           

Per the Cruise Critic news article on the ship's redeployment to Taiwan, the cruises are open only to residents of Taiwan.

Windstar just cancelled all of their cruises for January, February, and most of March. This is the current schedule of resumed sailings:

Wind Spirit – March 25, 2021 – Tahiti
Star Breeze – March 27, 2021 – Caribbean
Star Legend – April 7, 2021 – Mediterranean
Wind Star – April 13, 2021 – Mediterranean
Wind Surf – April 24, 2021 – Mediterranean
Star Pride – July 6, 2021 – Northern Europe

I had a March 4 Tahiti cruise booked that is bye-bye now. I expect to see a similar announcement from Oceania coming soon.