Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

7 minutes ago, cured said:

We went to a Harry Potter trivia on our first cruise on Carnival.  My 20's kids were Harry Potter enthusiasts and thought it would be fun.

The group next to us had 4 people.  3 on their phones, 1 writing.  They would each take a question and then give the answer to the writer. So, someone took 1, another took 2, another took 3, then the first person was done and took 4 and so on.  Nobody stopped them.  A ton of people were on their phones.

Then you scored your own cards.  People were writing in the answers as they announced the correct answers.

Amazingly, half the room got all 17 questions correct and some of the questions were super, super obscure.

We have never been to another trivia game. It was not trivia, it was how fast you could google.

Oh dear...it can be such fun when no one cheats.

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

But the audience isn’t as big as those in an ATS. 😉😂

I have thought about those posting about their upcoming B2B2B sailings. Will those be allowed in the future of post Covid sailings. 

IMO the CK is just a smaller MDR. They have a rotating menu, like the MDR, just a bit more unique. The food is also cooked to order, unlike mass produced in the MDR.  Kind of like specialty dining, without the charge. 

The cooked to order part of CK is what I prefer.  They have mostly a simple menu, but a recently prepared simple menu beats the heck out of a prepared en mass and then put in a tin to deliver.... if the delivery is spot on... MDR wins, if the delivery sits for 15 minutes.... CK kills.

JMHO

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I've heard stories of CD staff getting removed from a ship for calling out cheaters.....cheaters who turned around and filed complaints to management because they felt embarrassed for getting called out.  Sad.  

I have solved this problem.  I don’t play trivia, I just go to the FlowRider.  Cheaters suck, and there are probably more than the one I met.  

jc

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Of course our generation was brought up with the same "tattle tale" belief. But having that apply to a child in school vs an adult in a real life situation (regardless of the importance you personally attribute it to) isn't the same thing at all.

Sad you and many more in today's world can comfortably sit back and see a wrong being done and not feel as an adult in our society the decision to speak up isn't worth making a difference.

During a recent trivia, we saw a couple who were constantly checking their cell phones during trivia.  My solution was to go over and quietly say that folks were wondering what they were doing..  It turned out their daughter was expecting a baby at any moment and they were checking their emails every minute.  It turned out we became good friends for the rest of the cruise and we were the first to see pictures of their new grandchild!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

People got a wee bit drunk. Soon a lady in the back of the bus was having a yelling contest with some big black dude in the front with us in the middle about when Prince started or something to do with Prince. 

You may not realize it but your descriptive language would be offensive to some people.

• Like 2

If I were not a trivia veteran, I would conclude from this thread that people cheat at every trivia.

This is far from true.  Our experience is that blatant cheating is rare.  What we do see is people on B2Bs showing up for the same trivias they did the week before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

If I were not a trivia veteran, I would conclude from this thread that people cheat at every trivia.

This is far from true.  Our experience is that blatant cheating is rare.  What we do see is people on B2Bs showing up for the same trivias they did the week before.

To me that's Royals problem. They need to mix it up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

To me that's Royals problem. They need to mix it up

Precisely, that's the easy solution.  Yet, they seem to stuck with the same trivias  that they use over and over again.  BTW, do ,we all know how many  hearts an octopus has?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Precisely, that's the easy solution.  Yet, they seem to stuck with the same trivias  that they use over and over again.  BTW, do ,we all know how many  hearts an octopus has?

I didn't and would have put 1.

Out of interest I have just googled and wow it has 3 hearts and 9 brains that is incredible.

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

During a recent trivia, we saw a couple who were constantly checking their cell phones during trivia.  My solution was to go over and quietly say that folks were wondering what they were doing..  It turned out their daughter was expecting a baby at any moment and they were checking their emails every minute.  It turned out we became good friends for the rest of the cruise and we were the first to see pictures of their new grandchild!

Imagine how many trivia players assumed they were cheating and were calling them all sorts of wonderful names under their breath......

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

You may not realize it but your descriptive language would be offensive to some people.

🤨

You may not realise it but your policing of language stretches the boundaries of political discussion on Cruise Critic

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, compman9 said:

🤨

You may not realise it but your policing of language stretches the boundaries of political discussion on Cruise Critic

Don't know which is more annoying,that somebody found such fault with the original post or that they apologized for it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yogimax said:

During a recent trivia, we saw a couple who were constantly checking their cell phones during trivia.  My solution was to go over and quietly say that folks were wondering what they were doing..  It turned out their daughter was expecting a baby at any moment and they were checking their emails every minute.  

It’s odd, I figured you for the monitor type. 😇

M8

I have been reading casually for over an hour this thread and it seems to me, almost all of the posts pertain to a concept taught to me by my Psych 1 professor years (and years) ago.  It's called One Up, One Down. More commonly known as "Keeping Up With The Joneses".  Human nature has an annoying need to be  One Up or put someone else One Down.  That's what you have all been saying in a nutshell.  It's apparent in all facets of life.  You buy better stuff...so you are one up.  You wear gold pins...so you are one up.  You want to attain higher status and more perks so someone else is One Down.  You even disagree about something....so you can appear knowledgeable...and be one up.  You criticise  someone's grammar or apparel or status...so they will be One Down.  JMHO but it seems to be the impetus for almost everything we do or say.....especially in a forum online where one cannot be face to face with anyone.  I so wish we did not have that need, but it looks like it will always be there...we're human!  I am really trying hard these days to just....be kind.  Guess C19 and the state of the world these days has just made me reevaluate my behavior.  Do unto others as you would have done to you....sorry, don't mean to preach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I didn't and would have put 1.

Out of interest I have just googled and wow it has 3 hearts and 9 brains that is incredible.

Yea, pretty amazing.  You would never know the answer unless you had already heard the question.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I have been reading casually for over an hour this thread and it seems to me, almost all of the posts pertain to a concept taught to me by my Psych 1 professor years (and years) ago.  It's called One Up, One Down. More commonly known as "Keeping Up With The Joneses".  Human nature has an annoying need to be  One Up or put someone else One Down.  That's what you have all been saying in a nutshell.  It's apparent in all facets of life.  You buy better stuff...so you are one up.  You wear gold pins...so you are one up.  You want to attain higher status and more perks so someone else is One Down.  You even disagree about something....so you can appear knowledgeable...and be one up.  You criticise  someone's grammar or apparel or status...so they will be One Down.  JMHO but it seems to be the impetus for almost everything we do or say.....especially in a forum online where one cannot be face to face with anyone.  I so wish we did not have that need, but it looks like it will always be there...we're human!  I am really trying hard these days to just....be kind.  Guess C19 and the state of the world these days has just made me reevaluate my behavior.  Do unto others as you would have done to you....sorry, don't mean to preach.

You were not preaching! You took the time to read all of this, had the guts to post the truth and tried to open our eyes to what is happening during these extreme times. This applies to all of us. We need to grasp the current situation and realize we must do everything we can to make it better.

Thank you! Stay Safe!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, compman9 said:

🤨

It's not "policing of language."  if you don't understand what it is, you will probably never know.

• Like 1