Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

On 7/28/2020 at 4:28 PM, Pratique said:

I tell you what. We love the aft-facing Crown Lofts for this reason. I love staring at the sea but it gets boring after awhile!

Our favorite cabin for exactly the same reason.  The people watching is very entertaining.

I actually feel sorry for the people who think their C&A status makes them superior to someone else.

The only difference between their pinnacle and our low level is that we have different vacationing preferences.  They prefer the comfort of familiarity and doing the same vacation over the years. Many people love that; going to the same cabin, beach, cruise line multiple times a year. We prefer changing it up a bit with cruises, safaris, hikes, bikes across continents, camping, lounging at beaches. We will never achieve any loyalty at any business.  It is just personal preference, not a status symbol to be flaunted. Both preferences are perfectly fine. 

Most of the long time cruisers we have met have been wonderful, kind and very helpful with tips.  Unfortunately, are a few bad apples that think their cruise ship living makes them superior to others. But in every facet of life where someone looks down on someone they determine inferior, that is on them and just proves their insecurity in their own lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

We attended the Liar’s Club game on Serenade a few years ago. The couple sitting across from us was using their cell phone to look up answers. It was really humorous watching the wife trying to keep her phone out of sight as she typed in the question.  They won lovely keychains.🤣

Sherri🙂

One wonders about the values they instilled in their children.

5 hours ago, sjb317 said:

We attended the Liar’s Club game on Serenade a few years ago. The couple sitting across from us was using their cell phone to look up answers. It was really humorous watching the wife trying to keep her phone out of sight as she typed in the question.  They won lovely keychains.🤣

Sherri🙂

Hmmm....I've attended lot's of trivia games onboard and any one that tries this are "outed" very quickly and loudly !

• Like 1

We tried gaining an advantage at trivia once on a B2B. Some of the questions were the same, but unfortunately we couldn't remember any of the correct answers and could only come up with the same wrong answers that we had the week before. :classic_rolleyes: We didn't play on a team , thankfully and didn't win any rounds either. :classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm....I've attended lot's of trivia games onboard and any one that tries this are "outed" very quickly and loudly !

No one said anything, even the CD recognized what was going on. I’m sure quite a few people were aware.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

No one said anything, even the CD recognized what was going on. I’m sure quite a few people were aware.

Sherri🙂

That's a real problem in today's world letting people "get away" with things and no accountability...it starts with the small things and escalates ... See something say something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, those that cruise too much.

Kind of like Pez telling me the story about how he was a jewel thief with inside information from someone at Scotland Yard who would let them know when the people were away so he could steal their jewels for his uncle.

I think when you have an active imagination and you are retired... you tell dumb people like me preposterous stories and some people believe them... I am dumb just not that dumb.

jc😈😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

In summary, repeat cruisers who cheat are _______

Fill in the blank.

It's really sad that people work this hard to be jerks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for some it doesn't take much work...it comes naturally.

• Like 2

Just to show how different people can be we much prefer a chat & people watching while having a drink in the bar,we have been on P&O's Britannia a couple of times & thought that Brodies was a beautiful room for that unfortunately it was hard to find a moment when there wasn't either bingo,a pub quiz,karaoke or a dreadful turn on!

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

See something say something.

I was brought up to believe that was being a tattle tale which may be worse than being a cheater. Honestly, if someone's life is so pathetic that they need to cheat playing a lame cruise ship game just to win a crappy trinket or a bottle of headache water than they need it more than I do.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, cured said:

Our favorite cabin for exactly the same reason.  The people watching is very entertaining.

I actually feel sorry for the people who think their C&A status makes them superior to someone else.

The only difference between their pinnacle and our low level is that we have different vacationing preferences.  They prefer the comfort of familiarity and doing the same vacation over the years. Many people love that; going to the same cabin, beach, cruise line multiple times a year. We prefer changing it up a bit with cruises, safaris, hikes, bikes across continents, camping, lounging at beaches. We will never achieve any loyalty at any business.  It is just personal preference, not a status symbol to be flaunted. Both preferences are perfectly fine. 

Most of the long time cruisers we have met have been wonderful, kind and very helpful with tips.  Unfortunately, are a few bad apples that think their cruise ship living makes them superior to others. But in every facet of life where someone looks down on someone they determine inferior, that is on them and just proves their insecurity in their own lives.

Have you ever thought that some suite passengers use their accomodations to look down upon those beneath them. 

It can easily go both ways😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

We tried gaining an advantage at trivia once on a B2B. Some of the questions were the same, but unfortunately we couldn't remember any of the correct answers and could only come up with the same wrong answers that we had the week before. :classic_rolleyes: We didn't play on a team , thankfully and didn't win any rounds either. :classic_biggrin: 

On our first B2B the CD asked me not to play in the trivia because we had done well the week before. He made it up to us by getting us an invite to our first Captain's Table.

25 years ago, B2B wasn't as common as it is now.

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you ever thought that some suite passengers use their accomodations to look down upon those beneath them. 

Yup, they would fall into the same category as anyone else that chooses to look down on someone they feel inferior.  Like any bully, it is all about their insecurities. There is a huge difference between being proud of accomplishing something vs being an entitled jerk.  For the purpose of the OP's original discussion of CA/Suite status vs everyone else, that could be proud of achieving a C&A level, your years of hard work to be able to afford a dream cabin, or even  achieving that savings goal to enjoy your dream cabin.  Just because people walk different paths in life does not make one better than another.  But there are entitled jerks all over the ship.  People in balconies can snub those in interiors.  It is not just CA/Suites vs the ship.

PS...We will be on our 3rd sky suite coming up, all Oasis class, yet have never stepped foot in CK. Is it really better than the MDR? I have never found a problem in the MDR and love the people and servers there, so am kind of hesitant to try CK. But everyone talking about filet night has me thinking about it.

Edited by cured

1 minute ago, cured said:

Yup, they would fall into the same category as anyone else that chooses to look down on someone they feel inferior.  Like any bully, it is all about their insecurities. There is a huge difference between being proud of accomplishing something vs being an entitled jerk.  That could be proud of achieving a C&A level, your years of hard work to be able to afford a dream cabin, or even  achieving that savings goal to enjoy your dream cabin.  Just because people walk different paths in life does not make one better than another.

PS...We will be on our 3rd sky suite coming up, all Oasis class, yet have never stepped foot in CK. Is it really better than the MDR? I have never found a problem in the MDR and love the people and servers there, so am kind of hesitant to try CK. But everyone talking about filet night has me thinking about it.

I like CK for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is OK, a few of the menus are nice and the view is great if yiu eat early. Unfortunately its a little rushed and noisy now due to its popularity. 

With your location on 17, you should try it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I like CK for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is OK, a few of the menus are nice and the view is great if yiu eat early. Unfortunately its a little rushed and noisy now due to its popularity. 

With your location on 17, you should try it

I agree that the CK has lost a bit of its luster.  I suppose that’s to be expected...familiarity breeds contempt.  <just a joke !>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

But the audience isn’t as big as those in an ATS. 😉😂

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who doesn't remember anyone worried about being booted off their B2B booking.

I have thought about those posting about their upcoming B2B2B sailings. Will those be allowed in the future of post Covid sailings. 

1 hour ago, cured said:

Is it really better than the MDR? I have never found a problem in the MDR and love the people and servers there, so am kind of hesitant to try CK. But everyone talking about filet night has me thinking about it.

IMO the CK is just a smaller MDR. They have a rotating menu, like the MDR, just a bit more unique. The food is also cooked to order, unlike mass produced in the MDR.  Kind of like specialty dining, without the charge. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

We booked a suite for next summer using FCC. Don't believe it will make us different. Wanted a larger balcony which were already sold out. We spend evenings and part of sea days watching world go by.  It cost about $33 per person per day more than original cruise. Chose the itinerary and the ship is older and smaller than original. The other extras may be nice but balcony and extra space or our reason. No reason to think we are better or more important, just fortunate. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have thought about those posting about their upcoming B2B2B sailings. Will those be allowed in the future of post Covid sailings. 

I have two b2b booked.

Now I should worry about getting kicked off 2nd leg?

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have two b2b booked.

Now I should worry about getting kicked off 2nd leg?

Not sure.  I would guess if it is a few years from now I would hope you would be OK.  

I have seen posts eluding to cruise lines not wanting people on board for extended periods of time when they first start to sail.  Guests on and off quickly, before they get sick or make anyone sick. The idea/theory makes sense.

I think in the beginning they might put B2B sailings on restrictions.  Like many things on CC, it’s just my speculative answer. 

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not sure.  I would guess if it is a few years from now I would hope you would be OK.  

I have seen posts eluding to cruise lines not wanting people on board for extended periods of time when they first start to sail.  Guests on and off quickly, before they get sick or make anyone sick. The idea/theory makes sense.

I think in the beginning they might put B2B sailings on restrictions.  Like many things on CC, it’s just my speculative answer. 

It certainly is going to be interesting once they start back up again.  I believe that intention is or was to start with short cruises

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I was brought up to believe that was being a tattle tale which may be worse than being a cheater. Honestly, if someone's life is so pathetic that they need to cheat playing a lame cruise ship game just to win a crappy trinket or a bottle of headache water than they need it more than I do.

While I subscribe to @Ashland's idea that people need consequences for their bad behavior else it continues unabated, it's not going to be me that executes judgment while on vacation. People do annoying things all the time. If I am on vacation, whether on cruise ships or any location, I have one simple rule I get up and go somewhere else.  I'm not going to get dropped into some kind of drama and let some thudpucker ruin my vacation over a keychain.

I always play "80's Name that tune", I never win... Maybe the winners cheated, I have no way of knowing for sure but really don't care.  The best score I've had was 18/20, the winner got 20/20.  I considered that a win for me and bought a bottle of Champer's for myself and a couple of new friends I had just met that I was sitting with.  We had a great time disparaging Madonna songs and arguing about which Journey song was better.

Vacation isn't real life.  In real life I must deal with and see people suffering the consequences of bad decisions constantly. There I must be ruthless in my judgments because there is an awesome consequence to themselves and to the innocents around them. 

When I'm in the Schooner bar, with a drink in my hand, arguing about whether it was Cindi Lauper or Joan Jett, it really doesn't matter.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1