CDC requested to reinstate NSO

These cruise lines need to reinstate it themselves with covid cases running so high. Cancel through Feb 15 2021 right now. Forget the "test cruises" the  bad PR from an outbreak would set them back 3 more months or longer. The risk is just too high right now.

• Like 2

Just now, Ashland said:

I used mine for 2022.

That’s good I can imagine all the people waiting for things to go back to normal only to find out that they expired. Ik that wouldn’t happen to the regulars on CC but some time down the line someone is going to complain that they didn’t get an extension.

• Haha 1

CDC can do nothing about ships sailing in the Caribbean that do not touch the U.S.     They have advised against non essential overseas travel and against all cruising for U.S. citizens.   Since quite a few were on the Sea Dream, it doesn’t seem to matter what the U.S. government says as our citizens will do exactly what they want to.   Hope those on the Sea Dream do not expect to be rescued by the U.S.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

2 US senators have written to the CDC asking that the no sail order be reinstated. 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I guess CT doesn’t want to Cruise. 

Matsui is a Congresswoman from CA; Blumenthal is a Senator from CT

ETA -  Please don't give us more elected officials, we struggle with the current bunch

Edited by ptod
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

CDC can do nothing about ships sailing in the Caribbean that do not touch the U.S.     They have advised against non essential overseas travel and against all cruising for U.S. citizens.   Since quite a few were on the Sea Dream, it doesn’t seem to matter what the U.S. government says as our citizens will do exactly what they want to.   Hope those on the Sea Dream do not expect to be rescued by the U.S.  

They can do nothing about the behavior in other countries but these companies do business in the US and the govt can make life difficult for the US operations if they see they are playing around the rules.

For example if a ship has an itinerary that is completely non US and does not play by the US rules if that ship later has an itinerary that was supposed to hit the US they could ban it, require quarantining it or possibly have issues with the crew.  We are one of the largest markets for cruising dollars.

46 minutes ago, nelblu said:

How were yours generated.  Mine are CwC and expire on Dec. 31, '21

If you cancel under the CWC the FCC’s have an apply by and sail by date of Dec 31, 2021.

If Royal cancels and you have an FCC issued under the Global Suspension policy then they have an apply by date of Dec. 31, 2021 but have a sail by date of April 30, 2022

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, nelblu said:

How were yours generated.  Mine are CwC and expire on Dec. 31, '21

Mine (extended family of 10 in 3 JS cabins) were FCC 125% from an RCI cancelled cruise May 2020...applied them to a May 2021 (upgraded to GS's) then L/S them to April 2022. This worked out great for us..price protected and took along our KSF. 

• Like 1

I suspect RCL has been watching the rise in covid cases across the globe and has their own concerns.   They know they don't need any bad press with an outbreak on an initial sailing.    I suspect they are no rush right now.    Everywhere is a hot mess (except for asia and australia and probably a couple other places like artic circle). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ask at what point can the cruise line continue to hang-on without any revenue coming in, before foreclosure/bankrupt filings? There is a substantial amount of loans outstanding at this time and every month/quarter puts them closer to a point of no return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

I ask at what point can the cruise line continue to hang-on without any revenue coming in, before foreclosure/bankrupt filings? There is a substantial amount of loans outstanding at this time and every month/quarter puts them closer to a point of no return.

At the same time all it will take are one or possibly two sailings with outbreaks and they are toast.  There really isn't a good path for them to take right now.