Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

11 hours ago, atgood said:

I realized later on I could’ve added one for

Sign me up.  I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. And something along the lines of not wearing a mask.  

That would’ve been my preference most likely.  However, I felt like we were not very close to being able to do that when I started the poll and the RCI cruisers I know usually are willing to follow RCI’s guidelines. 

Since then, states started to eliminate mask mandates. 

People always criticize polls. You'll get used to the back seat drivers once you do a few. 

I keep thinking of making the last choice

X) I HAVE NO IDEA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I guess your science must be different than the science that has the POTUS wanting to get 100 million Americans vaccinated in his first 100 days of office.

Campaign promise😉😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Speaking of the media and a few posters here,  You hear much from Rebekah Jones these days?  I think not. Google is your friend. Even CNN Jake Tapper has called her out as a liar. 

Off my sandbox. 

M8

She had her 15 minutes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Masks are the norm in Marion and Brevard County 

Masks are not required but I didn’t see anyone without one in Publix at Halifax Plantation. (I wonder if the cancel culture will have them changing the name?). We live in Plantation Bay too. Maybe a name change coming as well. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KsucAts said:

Here is the rest of what I said.

I suck it up for airplanes and wear a mask (with frequent drink breaks) and for my son's basketball games.  Other than those two things, I haven't worn a mask for more than a total of an hour in the past 12 months. 

Interesting... now it seems some people consider not wearing a mask to be something to boast about.

Strange indeed.

56 minutes ago, atgood said:

Lazy reporters always looking for those.  Make for an easy story. 

Confused. 

Oasis had a Noro outbreak in January 2019

Started in Labadee

Could not leave ship in Falmouth

Turned away from Cozumel

Went back to PC early

Affected almost 500 passengers and crew

I was quarantined one day. Good times, right @Biker19

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Interesting... now it seems some people consider not wearing a mask to be something to boast about.

Strange indeed.

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

What's the significance of the X across one of the stars? 

CA, NY, take your pick.🤣🤣

Seriously, looks like a screen shot.

Surprised you questioned that, extremely common

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Confused. 

Oasis had a Noro outbreak in January 2019

Started in Labadee

Could not leave ship in Falmouth

Turned away from Cozumel

Went back to PC early

Affected almost 500 passengers and crew

I was quarantined one day. Good times, right @Biker19

I meant whenever those outbreaks happen my non-cruiser friends like to ask me about cruising and why cruising is “unsafe” with the Noro outbreaks. 

I forgot what the % is, but once a certain % of passengers get Noro the ship is required to report it and then the media pounces.  So a reporter takes the filed report and goes through a routine spiel dissing cruising.  Pretty easy story.  Where in reality, the same type of outbreak can happen on land, and a report doesn’t get generated because all of the different doctors people would end up going to.

I’ve managed to avoid any cruises with Noro outbreak thus far,  I’m sure they’re not fun.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 6:10 PM, smokeybandit said:

This is not true. If that was the case, what's the point of vaccines?

You've fallen into the media's trap of twisting "since this is all so new we're still awaiting data on that" into "the vaccine don't stop you from being contagious"

The way science works is that they cannot say you cannot transmit the virus since they have not studied that in a controlled study, so then they have to say you may be able to transmit it. It has nothing to do with the media "twisting" things.

Early data out of Israel is that there is no evidence if transmission once you e had the vaccine, but conclusions cannot be drawn yet as sample size is too small.

Edited by MommaBear55

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

CA, NY, take your pick.🤣🤣

Seriously, looks like a screen shot.

Surprised you questioned that, extremely common

I was thinking Alaska? We want to keep Hawaii, of course. But with Alaska being so close to Canada.....:classic_biggrin: <jk> :classic_biggrin: We could still visit without violating the PVSA. (most years) 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I was thinking Alaska? We want to keep Hawaii, of course. But with Alaska being so close to Canada.....:classic_biggrin: <jk> :classic_biggrin: We could still visit without violating the PVSA. (most years) 

Delaware is the 1st State.