Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

7 hours ago, atgood said:

I realized later on I could’ve added one for

Sign me up.  I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. And something along the lines of not wearing a mask.  

That would’ve been my preference most likely.  However, I felt like we were not very close to being able to do that when I started the poll and the RCI cruisers I know usually are willing to follow RCI’s guidelines. 

Since then, states started to eliminate mask mandates. 

Yep that would have given a better overall outcome to give difference if opinion but it done now 

• Thanks 1

Slightly more No’s than Sign Me Uppers thus far, but the poll results have been interesting.  I had no idea what would come in for results.  

I wonder if RCI Black Ops is watching or watches the RCI main board at all for issues heating up.  

59 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Your inference is way off.  I hate masks like most people, but I will wear them when it's required.  And if it's required for the short term to wear them while I vacation on a cruise, so be it.  No superiority complex here.  I will reluctantly follow the rules because I feel that it's worth it to cruise. 

You, amongst others can also choose to not wear a mask or not get vaccinated.  We don't make the rules, we just play the game.  If the rules of the game are against your wishes, you have the right to not play, and use your vacation dollars elsewhere.  I however will follow the rules because I wish to cruise.

Fair enough.

I choose not to vaccinate because the science hasn't demonstrated I need it, having been naturally inoculated and subsequently immunized🤔.  And don't quote Dr. F.🤡 

The science of what is known leans towards me being correct.😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, atgood said:

In the future, I hope the published COVID-19 stats include a breakout of the vaccinated vs unvaccinated for the positive tests, hospitalizations, and deaths. 

In the future I hope that data is in a publication or just available to those that google for it and not front page news everyday.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, atgood said:

In the future, I hope the published COVID-19 stats include a breakout of the vaccinated vs unvaccinated for the positive tests, hospitalizations, and deaths. 

Add 2 subsets - confirmed cases and still vaccinated, confirmed cases and not vaccinated.  There are a lot of us in that second subset that would be hidden otherwise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

I guess your science must be different than the science that has the POTUS wanting to get 100 million Americans vaccinated in his first 100 days of office.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I guess your science must be different than the science that has the POTUS wanting to get 100 million Americans vaccinated in his first 100 days of office.

Ummmm....that's politics, not science.  "Political Science" is an oxymoron.  I don't play in the science of wishful thinking.

• Like 2

What no one here has mentioned is the longevity of the vaccine.  Depending on what source you use, the vaccine could only last 3 months to a year with most articles I'm reading saying about 8 months.  So all those who have already been vaccinated will need another shot before actually getting on a cruise, since most of us here agree that cruising will not start till the 4th quarter of this year or later - 7 to 12 months from now.

Which then brings up another question - how will cruise lines track this?  Since I haven't gotten the "jab" (shot apparently is politically incorrect), I don't know what type of proof you get.  Do you get an "official" card?  Is there a date on it?  Will cruise lines require your vaccination to have an expiration 3 months past your cruise date, similar to passport expirations?

So many questions, so few answers.   I see a lot of shortsightedness on these forums.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, farmermd said:

Which then brings up another question - how will cruise lines track this?  Since I haven't gotten the "jab" (shot apparently is politically incorrect), I don't know what type of proof you get.  Do you get an "official" card?  Is there a date on it?  Will cruise lines require your vaccination to have an expiration 3 months past your cruise date, similar to passport expirations?

We got a card with name, Birthday, location, type, lot number for each injection.  It’s my understanding this info is loaded into a database. 

M8

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Ummmm....that's politics, not science.  "Political Science" is an oxymoron.  I don't play in the science of wishful thinking.

Whether we like it or not, politicians rule the world, not scientists. 

Just now, Heymarco said:

Please stop picking on people. Everyone needs to play nice in the sandbox.

I wasn't picking on anybody.  He picked on me because I stated that I would not travel to South Dakota even if given a free vacation. 

15 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Please stop picking on people. Everyone needs to play nice in the sandbox.

Here is a repeat of what has transpired.  No picking on people. Post 163 below

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If all of the mainstream cruise lines follow Royal's 16+ Odyssey mandate, it looks like you'll be vacationing in Texas, Mississippi and most of Florida for the time being.

Post 164

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Don't forget South Dakota when it warms up.  They don't have a mask mandate and I think most everything is open at least in Deadwood  and Sturgis.  That is where we will be going.

Post 165

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I wouldn't go to South Dakota if I got an all expenses paid trip there.  But, whatever floats your boat.  Enjoy.  I'm sure Sturgis has never seen a mask.

Post 175

3 hours ago, Tippyton said:

SD is a beautiful state and it floats my boat just fine.  Your comment was hateful.

PS I'd take it over NJ any day and I've spent time in both.  

Post 178

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

What is hateful about not wanting to go somewhere?  I guess I don't have the freedom to not visit SD, but you have the freedom to not wear a mask.

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here is a repeat of what has transpired.  No picking on people. Post 163 below

Post 164

Post 165

Post 175

Post 178

I agree you can vacation anywhere you want.  There are a long list of states right now that I would not want to spend my money in because of all the restrictions.  I can also go to the beach which is 45 minutes away anytime so that will be a little mini vacation right there.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I feel like this thread could have gone sideways a half-a-dozen times but nobody is rising to take the bait. Probably because there are so many other threads to duel on. lol

Kudo's for the OP keeping it on track.

I love bait, but I was at the beach

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Fair enough.

I choose not to vaccinate because the science hasn't demonstrated I need it, having been naturally inoculated and subsequently immunized🤔.  And don't quote Dr. F.🤡 

wouldn't be so sure on that...

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00183-5/fulltext

On 3/1/2021 at 8:24 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Let me ask you....if a group of 6 adults get on the ship and they are unvaccinated and 2 days into a 7 night cruise 1 or 2 people of this group feel sick and test positive.  Will you be okay with quarantining in your cabin because you were near that group at the pool or restaurant?  Will you be okay if rcl has to return to port to get them medical help and cancels the remainder of your cruise.

I know I would be very upset if that happened while on our vacation.  

That happened on our Oasis Noro cruise. 

No guarantees 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1