Has HAL decided yet? Will they require vaccinations?

TomBeckCruise

I got this from Crystal for one of my cruises in May 2022

Everyone at Crystal is excited for our return to sea. While our fleet has been paused, we have developed Crystal Clean+ 4.1, an enhanced level of measures that builds on our stringent protocols already in place to help safeguard the well-being of our guests and crew. In addition to negative Covid-19 tests for both guests and crew, reduced capacity, social distancing, mask requirements and health screening questionnaires, new among these measures is a Covid-19 vaccine requirement for all guests.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Everyone at Crystal is excited for our return to sea. While our fleet has been paused, we have developed Crystal Clean+ 4.1, an enhanced level of measures that builds on our stringent protocols already in place to help safeguard the well-being of our guests and crew. In addition to negative Covid-19 tests for both guests and crew, reduced capacity, social distancing, mask requirements and health screening questionnaires, new among these measures is a Covid-19 vaccine requirement for all guests.

Thank you for sharing. 

2 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Good news on the covid vaccine requirement. 

This continues to be a problem for me with HAL. What do they intend to do? I like to say that I am a loyal customer. I actually have four cruises booked on HAL December 2021 through October 2022.

But I also have a Viking cruise booked in 74 days which is a little over two months. Viking was very forthcoming a month ago as to how they intended to sail again. Because of that, it is were I am spending my money. Oddly enough there are HAL cruises scheduled and still being sold for travel in Europe with similar dates. Yet - nothing on protocols!

If the Viking cruise goes well (and I am sure it will) those bookings at HAL can be easily moved.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Agree - or are they struggling making some very big decisions???

I had hoped a change in leadership would result in better strategic thinking and transparency,  o’well. 

6 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I had hoped a change in leadership would result in better strategic thinking and transparency,  o’well. 

Me too.  But he is getting his feet “wet” so to speak.  I like what he has said so far so we will see.  But a statement, stand, transparency is a must.

4 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Note though that the wording is all guests.  They have stringent testing and quarantine protocols for crew and are committed to vaccinating as soon as possible but crew vaccinations are not yet guaranteed.  They can sail with a few less guests but they cannot sail without a crew, and incidence of covid has been minimal where the protocols are in place even with few people vaccinated.

Crystal is quite serious about guest vaccinations; while there is a kids club on board, there is no exception for age, allergy, or any other reason a guest might not be fully vaccinated under any circumstances.  Perhaps there will be some teens on board after the Pfizer gets it's EUA for 12 and up.

Roy

We are taking a Seabourn cruise, from Greece, this summer.  Seabourn requires everyone on their ship to be fully vaccinated.  While that does not apply to HAL, it might offer a hint to the thinking of CCL (and keep in mind that Seabourn and HAL are closely related in terms of management).

Hank

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We are taking a Seabourn cruise, from Greece, this summer.  Seabourn requires everyone on their ship to be fully vaccinated.  While that does not apply to HAL, it might offer a hint to the thinking of CCL (and keep in mind that Seabourn and HAL are closely related in terms of management).

Hank

Hello Hank, on a separate matter, we are looking to spend some time in Puerto Vallarta, and remember from some of your posts that you have spent time there and are hopeful you have some information that might be helpful. Please feel free to contact me here on CC or email me at echolakegames at gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Doug

26 minutes ago, echoshipmate said:

Hello Hank, on a separate matter, we are looking to spend some time in Puerto Vallarta, and remember from some of your posts that you have spent time there and are hopeful you have some information that might be helpful. Please feel free to contact me here on CC or email me at echolakegames at gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Doug

Doug,  Sorry I did not respond to your other post.  We are currently in Mexico (at a wonderful All Inclusive where nobody wears masks and folks are allowed to have fun) and I have been spending minimum time online.  We will soon be back in the land of COVID paranoia and will try to remember to send you an e-mail.

Hank

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Doug,  Sorry I did not respond to your other post.  We are currently in Mexico (at a wonderful All Inclusive where nobody wears masks and folks are allowed to have fun) and I have been spending minimum time online.  We will soon be back in the land of COVID paranoia and will try to remember to send you an e-mail.

Hank

Thanks for checking in. Maybe if you can, email me a few of your favorite all inclusive as we want to spend some time looking for a seasonal rental in PV.  Retired and wanting to spend some time enjoying new adventures there. Thanks

Doug

59 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Wow how things change  rather quickly .now HAL requiring proof of vaccination  . 

Seems to me a long way to travel for just 7 night cruises  .If it were us ,we be looking to add a land or river cruise tour  as well ,to make flying there  justified 

Just now, mcrcruiser said:

Wow how things change  rather quickly .now HAL requiring proof of vaccination  . 

Seems to me a long way to travel for just 7 night cruises  .If it were us ,we be looking to add a land or river cruise tour  as well ,to make flying there  justified 

Things could change for the Caribbean over the next few weeks/ months.  I’ll take a peak at pricing tomorrow but doubt we will book at this time.  

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Things could change for the Caribbean over the next few weeks/ months.  I’ll take a peak at pricing tomorrow but doubt we will book at this time.  

Yes they certainly could   .If we were  living on the East coast we be watching  the Caribbean sailings closely  for  ships leaving  Florida ports