The Daily for Tuesday 01/11/2022

richwmn

23 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

15 years on Cruise Critic from January 11, 2007.

Roy

That extra sleep makes you sharper than me!😁 It was a lot different back then as we all were in full cruising mode. Our first was on the Volendam to Alaska and that was the beginning of many adventures at sea on blue hulled beauties. Our booked Azamara cruise will be the first time we have sailed on another line.

Though upgrading to that Neptune Suite (The Bond Suite)on our very first cruise was probably a very expensive mistake.🤑

Thanks Roy!

• Like 24
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks to @AncientWandererfor the photos from Port Arthur.  Is it a long drive from Hobart?  We have only visited it by ship.  I find Port Arthur a highlight of our stops in Tasmania.  

I'll show a couple different things we did in Hobart.  One time a fellow CC friend rented a car and invited us along to visit the Tahune Airwalk, where you get an aerial view of the forest.  They have metal walkways high in the tree canopy and Tasmania has some of the tallest trees in the world.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKC9il1LSmHLrBJExEyoDYP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705570

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSPla75Ogqu4x4s6JURUwk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705606

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxvzgcyOlRIcOn3y6urFIm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705629

When on the ground you sometimes faced obstacles but they had found a way to let us pass.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXIRpLs8aGS7BdwrSMcQ6i?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705625

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3s75xEBQD04E7nIH95PRA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705649

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKny6zj9S3_XfbO2mWitCh7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1388705680

After the forest walk we ate lunch at a small restaurant, and drove back to Hobart.

The second time in Hobart on this Diamond Princess cruise in 2013, we got off the ship and walked through the town.  It's quite nice and easily walkable.  

In 2017 on Sun Princess we visited two times.  The first time we made a beeline for the Hobart Botanical Park.  The second time we walked the town again.  You can always find new things to see if you just turn in the opposite direction!

Across from the harbor is City Hall, a beautiful building IMO.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKACP9MXOWAQIpQoVJUcf_M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559365

Along the path we took to the Garden, we passed Government House, home of the Governor of Tasmania.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-jQKIvzIKNYsQdRm7PLX_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559453

The Botanical Gardens abutted the Government House property which must have been nice to see the gardens while strolling the grounds. 

Here are the gates to the Botanical park.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJIl9vnSOIfzyN_Ms4umQC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559504

They handed you a map thank goodness.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQieh0OqppYYFfAvFj2Eaa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559512

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLh8fko5Ck5SvjAjbtZHtYm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559520

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZxaDtEypPwGWXSjgK0WId?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559523

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLMngIQojBoStyrTH2o6VAd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559534

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJj_gBv64KKtWtukXBFO2DQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605473

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJF57DedWCVKyPYV8CYAvaK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559558

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIW7k8yaIYH1bOUeamFcAP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559567

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLJ3WU7oOkFNc0tyI4ySaar?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559594

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjimpryvVxp3ajM3W3t6Wn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559594

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL6JSKIVxz2DWahR7v1itV-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559606

Love these!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPYWPIQd4w9kEAjsB7_rov?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559660

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdqjIkTI4SEmFHQDXFGqHj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605470

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_T-J8rWIBOXPB7TUUn2gs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559675

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7xsioPyZYGbGqgEhJaBzy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKlox32zy0G-5NR3WojeMr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559739

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKy2LzWjqlytlqHWna-YM31?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559748

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHBWHLmevenJnT__ylnlsM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559762

Goodness, there was so much to see.  I'd love to go back, and highly recommend visiting here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIik3NKlJpkYi2rO4zEZnes?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559779

This was in the sub-Antarctica plant house.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXr-lPtLwsa1PfutTr7xyL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559831

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDjhVIYrViagKPWCHYc9Mh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559838

There was a Japanese Garden too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPyao0PvPP5nOR-TGaJUDl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559799

Well, I have to stop now.  I could be here all day doing this.  Have to prepare for my photo shoot!  Hope you liked the photos.

Amazing photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!!!! I did not sleep in today.... and will probably pay for it later. A busy day awaits me a the shelter as we try to get some administrative details cleared up (not my favorite thing). I would much rather play with the dogs and cats. When I feel like this I always remind myself.... I have to face the day and on the flip side.... the day has to face me.

Have been to Tasmania but my pictures are not handy. I did enjoy it and would love to go back.

Saw a poem on Facebook yesterday .... some of you may have seen it. It very much reflects life for many of us these days. It begins.....

" I won't arise and go now, and go to Innisfree

I'll sanitize the doorknob and make a cup of tea.

I won't go down to the sea again, I won't go out at all

I' ll wander lonely as cloud from the kitchen to the hall."

and it goes on but you get the idea. I had fun identifying all the poets. Doesn't take much to entertain me these days.

Take care everyone. Hope it will be a positive on for all.

Susan

• Like 30

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Do you recognize any of these jerseys, Graham?   When DS was 16, his club team spent about a month in England playing club teams.  It was a wonderful experience for the young men.

(Sorry if photos are too big.  I can’t seem to control that.)

5CED0810-32EA-4F32-9A0F-25EDF47AF688.thumb.jpeg.b24fbd745d9ee40d2be96458bd9697ee.jpeg

ADF600C0-CC3A-4944-80E3-A4003C455950.thumb.jpeg.952ae8bc2deaab5bb9853d60c872e81d.jpeg

EC0C8CA1-E97F-472A-A6C8-FB00DCFE954B.thumb.jpeg.879d3d0ba7ada215e2e861c19c342687.jpeg

English football clubs usually have a home strip and an away strip and for financial reasons(Sales) they tend to change them and the sponsors regularly.

The red Carlsberg strip is possibly Liverpool.

The second picture with light blue sleeves could be Aston Villa.

The white strips with Baxi logo could be Preston North End.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

English football clubs usually have a home strip and an away strip and for financial reasons(Sales) they tend to change them and the sponsors regularly.

The red Carlsberg strip is possibly Liverpool.

The second picture with light blue sleeves could be Aston Villa.

The white strips with Baxi logo could be Preston North End.

Graham.

Thanks, Graham.  Interesting.  They did play a lot of teams.  DH was there for a little while, and other parents drifted in and out.  I was given photos by various parents, but none are really captioned.  In any case, the boys had an excellent time, and they behaved admirably, given that they had very little supervision.  As I recall, they were in England for almost six weeks.   👍

• Like 15

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I normally prepare the lists in advance and post from word to the daily.  Yesterday I got behind with both church and fire department meetings and the Daily, and I hope my care list will not miss too much and I'll take the celebrations in a bit of a different directions which does not support cut and paste:

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Marshhawk with new illness and doctor issue
Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Tana in hospital
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
HAL Sailor DH health issues
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
summer slope BCC surgery in February
positive biopsy for Mtn2Sea appointment January 19
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects

Celebrations and Shoutouts:
@richwmn our inspiration

@puppycanducruise

@portofrome

@seagarsmoker

@Mr. Boston

@summer slope our drink lady

@rafinmd list keeper

@St Pete Cruiser

@KirkNC

@Heartgrove

@kazu Dean of memes bon voyages and FCL

@JAM37

@marshhawk

@cat shepard our wine expert

@grapau27 our day explainer

@mamaofami grardian extraordinare of Sam

@Seasick Sailor our reigning long term crjiser

@Himself our spiritual inspiration

@StLouisCruisers our port resource

@ger_77 our frozen tundra resource

@aliaschief

@dfish our culinary expert

@travelingbums

@Gail & Marty sailing away

@cunnorl our Canaveral connection

@smitty34877 caregiver extraordinare

@Cruzin Terri

@Crazy For Cats

@1ANGELCAT

@JazzyV

@Cruising-along

@Live4cruises

@Overhead Fred

@Boytjie

@Quartzsite Cruiser

@USN59-79 Our resident veteran

@Vict0riann

@bennybear

@Horizon chaser 1957 Our keeper of the mats

@Cat in my lap One of our newer members

@garlictown Welcome home

@durangoscots

@Lady Hudson

@Tbay

@superoma

@srdancer Our newest former lurker

@ottahand7

@cruzn single Your consistent charity work

These were just the people on yesterday's daily.  A few more who have posted so far today:

@ATC

@AncientWanderer

@msmayor

Missing recently but a big part if the Daily my fellow Marylander

@NextOne

While I have not elaborated on everybody, EVERYBODY on this list had made this the special community that it is

And of course

Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Awesome list keeping Roy.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Since it is Tuesday, it is Papa Murphy Pizza for us tonight! 

The weather forecast claims it will hit 32F in Saint Paul today - practically tropical...

@StLouisCruisers - the botanical garden pictures were a welcome treat - another spot to add to my bucket list! 

We had an amazing sunset as we pulled into San Juan on Nov 22, 2021 - 

DSC_0396.thumb.JPG.c13d23a1e5bd1f646a3550f3c70cd9b1.JPG

131177205_DSC_0390(2).thumb.JPG.c03dbf892f7ea490129917f9a6005238.JPG

DSC_0393.thumb.JPG.7d4b04307857f51560c2bd07e4b06827.JPG

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks all!  @rafinmd an extra thanks for your lists this today 

@StLouisCruisers wow, those flowers!   We have cruise friends from Hobart, I need to plan a trip,   Just worried about the Tasman sea.  Happy birthday to your DGS Ren!

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from a sunny, but cold Bluffton, SC where it is only 36 degrees.  It promises to go up to 53 today.  This is not what I bargained for when we moved here from New York.  Oh well, winter will be over in a few days and it will be in the 70s again.

Can’t write my name in Morse Code.  First name not bad, but surname too long to learn.  

Interesting collection of days.  My pick is Shop for Travel.  Still in the wondering stage about our April Cruise. No puddles to splash in and I don’t want to get someone else messy anyway.

Trying to write quickly before the CC gremlins find me.  

Prayers for all who need them.  Jacqui, you and Jose are in my daily prayers and hope there is a solution to his situation soon.  

Roy, I hope you’re recovering from the radiation side effects and doing better each day.

Cheers to those celebrating.  

We will be staying home today—just like every other day.  South Carolina has one of the largest outbreaks of Omicron so why would we want to go anywhere?  

Think i would feel safer on a cruise ship than around here where people do not believe in masks or vaccinations. (Sorry, just venting)

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

God Bless,

Terri

Wondering if my sea days will be spent puddle splashing 😩

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Roy not my anniversary.

Congratulations on your CC anniversary 

Well we saw a poor little Robin yesterday, I’m thinking he forgot to leave poor guy🥶

C9D3E5CB-570A-45CD-9DE2-FBD559036BD8.jpeg

• Like 19

Saturday I was cleaning out the back room and lifted one box too many. Did something to my back. 😧 Luckily I was able to get in with the chiropractor yesterday and have another appt on Thursday. So the rest of the room is going to have to wait until I return. 

I need to pack as I fly to NOLA on Friday. I’ll spend 2 nights then board the NCL Breakaway to the Western Caribbean. I also am spending 2 nights post cruise. Four people in our group have cancelled but there are still 5 of us going. 👍

Working today and tomorrow.
Looking forward to being on a cruise ship! 🛳

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning .-. .. -.-. .... 

and fellow Daily-ites.

Last night was pretty bumpy on the Rotterdam and this morning rainy and dreary. The empty hangers in the closet kept me irritated til I got my butt out of bed and took them down. 

We will not sail on next week. The itinerary includes 5 sea days of 7. Although my sweet husband would not say so, I think he's ready to move on. 

Continuing prayers for all on Roy's care list and cheers to all on the celebration list. 

Blessings and Cheers

I truly understand. I am now back at my sisters near Seattle. It was hard to leave the Rotterdam and all the wonderful crew but it also felt time. I was told they had held my room for another cruise if I wanted I was honored but 40 days was just the right amount for me this time. I felt honored to meet so many of you during my sailing and be able to share some time with my son.  I will be heading back home soon. I am watching the passes between here and home and the weather seems to have a window in the snow storms. I have lots of catching up to do with all that has been going on here but for now I will just say hi to all and I’m glad to be back. 

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I truly understand. I am now back at my sisters near Seattle. It was hard to leave the Rotterdam and all the wonderful crew but it also felt time. I was told they had held my room for another cruise if I wanted I was honored but 40 days was just the right amount for me this time. I felt honored to meet so many of you during my sailing and be able to share some time with my son.  I will be heading back home soon. I am watching the passes between here and home and the weather seems to have a window in the snow storms. I have lots of catching up to do with all that has been going on here but for now I will just say hi to all and I’m glad to be back. 

Great to see you, Linda!

• Like 8

Good morning all!  Later than usual today. I didn't sleep very late, but it took awhile to get through 3 pages! I Googled my name in Morse Code, it's long!!  And my CC name would be longer!    -.-. .- .-. --- .-.. -.-- -.

Around here it's very easy to splash in puddles a majority of the year.  The GSs love to splash, I've learned to not be too close!

A day to shop for travel, I'm all for that. 🙂  The drink sounds good, I like Gewurztraminer but not often (prefer more dry whites), will pass on the meal.

@msmayorI think it's a wonderful idea to do the virtual shower, I bet it will be great!

@StLouisCruisersSandi happy 15th birthday to GS Ren!

@dobiemomI hope your back feels better soon, and Bon Voyage!

This is the appropriate attire for puddle splashing.  The DGs a few years ago at a pumpkin patch.

564053279_Fosterinpuddles.jpg.f60a47f36887b8877a9316ebcbd0f7c4.jpg

1211228291_FosterandShepinpuddles.jpg.1788718fe9e1d29a4d602d73b06fc0a5.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I normally prepare the lists in advance and post from word to the daily.  Yesterday I got behind with both church and fire department meetings and the Daily, and I hope my care list will not miss too much and I'll take the celebrations in a bit of a different directions which does not support cut and paste:

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Marshhawk with new illness and doctor issue
Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Tana in hospital
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
HAL Sailor DH health issues
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
summer slope BCC surgery in February
positive biopsy for Mtn2Sea appointment January 19
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects

Celebrations and Shoutouts:
@richwmn our inspiration

@puppycanducruise

@portofrome

@seagarsmoker

@Mr. Boston

@summer slope our drink lady

@rafinmd list keeper

@St Pete Cruiser

@KirkNC

@Heartgrove

@kazu Dean of memes bon voyages and FCL

@JAM37

@marshhawk

@cat shepard our wine expert

@grapau27 our day explainer

@mamaofami grardian extraordinare of Sam

@Seasick Sailor our reigning long term crjiser

@Himself our spiritual inspiration

@StLouisCruisers our port resource

@ger_77 our frozen tundra resource

@aliaschief

@dfish our culinary expert

@travelingbums

@Gail & Marty sailing away

@cunnorl our Canaveral connection

@smitty34877 caregiver extraordinare

@Cruzin Terri

@Crazy For Cats

@1ANGELCAT

@JazzyV

@Cruising-along

@Live4cruises

@Overhead Fred

@Boytjie

@Quartzsite Cruiser

@USN59-79 Our resident veteran

@Vict0riann

@bennybear

@Horizon chaser 1957 Our keeper of the mats

@Cat in my lap One of our newer members

@garlictown Welcome home

@durangoscots

@Lady Hudson

@Tbay

@superoma

@srdancer Our newest former lurker

@ottahand7

@cruzn single Your consistent charity work

These were just the people on yesterday's daily.  A few more who have posted so far today:

@ATC

@AncientWanderer

@msmayor

Missing recently but a big part if the Daily my fellow Marylander

@NextOne

While I have not elaborated on everybody, EVERYBODY on this list had made this the special community that it is

And of course

Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

I am disappointed that I could only like this once.   Thank you, Roy.  You are a wonderful inspiration to all of us.

14 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Since it is Tuesday, it is Papa Murphy Pizza for us tonight! 

The weather forecast claims it will hit 32F in Saint Paul today - practically tropical...

@StLouisCruisers - the botanical garden pictures were a welcome treat - another spot to add to my bucket list! 

We had an amazing sunset as we pulled into San Juan on Nov 22, 2021 - 

DSC_0396.thumb.JPG.c13d23a1e5bd1f646a3550f3c70cd9b1.JPG

131177205_DSC_0390(2).thumb.JPG.c03dbf892f7ea490129917f9a6005238.JPG

DSC_0393.thumb.JPG.7d4b04307857f51560c2bd07e4b06827.JPG

Beautiful!

2 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Welcome home!   

@aliaschief  Happy CC Anniversary!

@StLouisCruisers  Happy Birthday to DGS Ren!

• Like 21

Good morning!  The puddle day is just perfect for me here.  Probably will try it out later today!!

Thank you for all the lists.  I love the Celebration list today, Roy.  Well done.  

As always prayers are going out from me to all on the care list.

Wondering how things will continue here with schools.  Yesterday Vancouver, WA has 13 high and middle schools rotating to remote learning due to a bus driver shortage.  Thank goodness our middle school grandson isn't affected yet and there are not elementary schools involved yet.  But was are here to step in as needed.  Deja Vu all over again from last year.  

Great pictures of Hobart.  As always I appreciate seeing all the pictures.  They bring back great memories of places we have been or become places on my wish list to visit.

Stay well and safe.  Wear those masks if you go out!!  Most people are doing that here.  I also noticed yesterday on my walk people were giving each other a lot of space on the paths.  

Have a wonderful day!.  

• Like 20

Good morning all , the sun is shine here but it is cold  -12 feels like -16  which I know is warm for people like  @ger_77  on the frozen tundra .

We had the pleasure to be in Hobard , Tasmania back in 2013 while on the Oosterdam which seems now ages ago , so just a few pictures today from the port and the gorgeous park we visited 

BTW Tasmania was named after Abel Tasman a Dutch seafarer , explorer and merchant , he was the first known  European explorer to reach New Zealand and the Fiji Islands and the Van Dieman’s Land  ( now Tasmania )  Nov 24 , 1642 .

DSCF4511.thumb.JPG.1706be4bf0bc132ae173c701451e937c.JPG

426056492_NZAU2013573.thumb.jpg.b8ca97ccb397b1705d53755308140e76.jpg

1011264061_NZAU2013577.thumb.jpg.3b8d6bf1f5317224f8278139dca4ffe2.jpg

352959423_NZAU2013578.thumb.jpg.cbcbf7c960654af1e8dc46e34c931559.jpg

1350489142_NZAU2013576.thumb.jpg.dbfab1533a6df1f180ed30e7662bf70f.jpg

251297472_NZAU2013587.thumb.jpg.30ae0795ec65613bee958c8a43f4dc6a.jpg

1607051140_NZAU2013588.thumb.jpg.b2294e301f0407d5b7bfa33699f30605.jpg

DSCF4525.thumb.JPG.fcbec091faa2a0f86a2f336c8d4b8514.JPG

The kangaroo and her kid

864951413_NZAU2013596.thumb.jpg.5e54c9e5ed397c4cfc3f3a1d995167c4.jpg

445033268_NZAU2013599.thumb.jpg.88ae386f8076e7ba0ba240cbdb84583f.jpg

The devil 

1558129468_NZAU2013600.thumb.jpg.494b3f5194df70b4a06bbf7ccedb7508.jpg

1103351811_NZAU2013603.thumb.jpg.396924d2aade7c893501b0abea4151ef.jpg

Our wonderful guide Judy from “Eye See “ Tasmania , the " purple lady " who gave us a wonderful day and a delicious home prepared picnic out in the wild ! 

389560877_NZAU2013611.thumb.jpg.685b6b479b8b704712d03939af39db2e.jpg

1723968121_NZAU2013613.thumb.jpg.7404ffced539cdf9543de05f47d595d1.jpg

Guess this is now also from the good old days an open flame BBQ out on deck 

1041460559_NZAU2013617.thumb.jpg.3d069f6cca01cac03acdbbdc9d556a47.jpg

Have a great day everybody Please Take Care and Stay Safe 

Tony 😘
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Good morning from Quartzsite.  If I look to the north, it's sunny, but if I look to the south, I see heavily overcast skies.  I plan to look north more today.  😉

Morse Code was a small project in Girl Scouts, but it really didn't take.  I don't think I've jumped in a puddle and splashed a friend.  If I saw a puddle today, I might try it as that would mean we'd had much needed rain.  Shopping for travel is always fun, but I think right now, travel will have to await again.  Darn Omicron.  😷

Speaking of Covid and Omicron, I came across a Covid home test on Facebook.  If you can't find a testing site, would HAL accept the results of this one?  😁

May be an image of text that says 'COVID-19 HOME COVID TEST 1. Open a can of beer and try to smell it. 2. If you can smell the beer, drink it to see if you can taste it. 3. If you can taste it and smell it, this confirms you don't have COVID Last night, I did the test 19 times and all were negative. Tonight, I am going to do the test again because this morning I woke up with a headache and feeling like I'm coming down with something. I am so nervous.'

It's been years since we grilled corn.  Maybe we will grill some this summer.  The drink sounds like one I'd like to taste.  I'll pass on the wine since I don't care for sweet dessert wines.

We have not been to Tasmania --YET!  It is on the bucket list.  Thank you @AncientWanderer and @StLouisCruisers  for the wonderful pictures.

I like the Robert Frost quote and hope life keeps on going for a long time.  There's still a lot of places to see.

@richwmn  Rich, I'm glad the Dawgs won.  Never been an Alabama fan.

@msmayor  Sorry the in person baby shower was canceled, but have fun at the virtual one.

@puppycanducruise  WOW!  Two grandsons in two days for your friends.  🎈

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, enjoy the rest of your cruise.

@Cruzin Terri  I agree about going out when so many won't mask, social distance or even get a jab.

@cat shepard  Thanks for the library/book memes.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ren.

@marshhawk  Add me to the list that hopes DH goes to see his stepmom.  It would be ashame if he missed saying goodbye.

@smitty34877  Tery, how did DD's visit with Tana go yesterday.  Did she learn anything from the doctors and social workers?  Hope I'm not being too nosey.

@JAM37  Julia, I'm glad you are feeling better, but take it easy until you're back to feeling well.

@aliaschief  HAPPY 15TH CC ANNIVERSARY!  Good to know that DSIL procedure went well and hope they have the A Fib stablizied.

@Crazy For Cats  Glad DH failed his test.  Colds are no fun, but at least that was all it was.

@HAL Sailer  Thank you for your research on they different social media types.

@rafinmd  A big thank you for the special celebration list today.

@dobiemom  Sorry you hurt your back, and hope it's better by the time you travel.  Safe travels and have a wonderful cruise.

@lindaler  Linda, welcome back.  Glad you had a great cruise, and be careful going over those passes.

… . ..- -.. .-

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good morning, all, from •–••  •–  ••–  •–•  •–  .
I have my Ham Operators Advanced license, from the days when you DID need Morse code to pass. I used to use it a lot, and at one point could send / receive 20 words per minute. That was long ago, and now anything more complex than my name or SOS takes serious thought. Jump,in a puddle and Splash a Friend sounds like fun in another six months. Right now we have a heavy rain warning and all the street drains are clogged solid with ice. No puddle jumping today! Like @ger_77, my travel shopping now revolves a lot around how heavy or bulky the item is. How it fits my suitcase is just as important as how it fits me!

Last night we put the dormer, door, and chimney on the gingerbread house. Today we can start getting fancy and decorate!

0553CD77-EC70-4369-9F1F-3CF706938382.thumb.jpeg.8e360fdfc35a4d89ac2ce6dfd0ffbaf4.jpeg

Also the first stem of the amaryllis is blooming! This is its fourth year.

A5748E22-1281-456B-ADD4-959A3B4E3C70.thumb.jpeg.3ad750fa41d449b01be2612087907dbd.jpeg

Happy Sunday, as I raise a coffee cup to our beloved BHBs!

6FE77A56-5E3A-4FF4-9EB9-C7F249871A05.thumb.jpeg.875d76124f24eef4f89a0433a2011be8.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@StLouisCruisers love the pics of the treetops walk! If I ever get to Tasmania that would be top of the list! @Horizon chaser 1957 love the amaryllis!  He do you get them to bloom again? I’ve never had any luck with that. I just buy new ones every year. I have been wondering about @St Louis Sal too. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1