re meat pies

33 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Some of us don’t need to eat Humble Pie, we are already perfect.

But I guess that only applies to one of us.

I know I am not perfect…my choice of “friends” leaves  a bit to be desired.🥧🥧

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Kitchen  is what you make of it.....   I like our kitchen even though it's small

I built the bench top and most of cabinets...  And like the simple stove...( not even fan forced ).

Don

I like the rock collection.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I see you squeezed in a dishwasher.😁

Yes a 450mm wide one... the main reason for the make over... the bench wasn't deep enough for new cabinets 150mm deeper had t be madeand everything on the right wall including the stove cabinet ( new one), shelfs etc  had to moved along 150mm . as well as new bench top made as well and a new sink.....

But wouldn't do without now...lol

Don

On 8/6/2021 at 11:45 AM, kate59 said:

Latest craze in Australia is to have butler's pantry so they use it so kitchen always tidy, why bother as more cleaning. 

Our cooking/dining setup is along the lines of the latest "Haute Couture" Restaurants where you can see the tucker getting cooked. Makes for better conversation, or at least it did when you were allowed to have guests for a meal.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, mr walker said:

You know I'm just thinking that I never knew what I was getting myself into when almost 10 years ago on an internet search ahead of our cruise I innocently clicked on a site called Cruise Critic. I joined and then soon discovered the Aus/NZ page & that lead me to 'meet' you all. Who could have known how much could be learned about pies and other culinary delights & then this morning I have been further enlightened about kitchen design. It is truly amazing.

I know that we sometimes have disagreements over different things on here, but it has truly proven to be a little community & just like a family we have our moments but at the end of the day we all just kiss/hug and makeup, and then have a pie.

Take care all & stay safe.

I came here by a similar path, booked on Celebrity Century, after a hiatus of about 7 years from cruising, was looking for what a white space was just near our cabin, to be honest as my health has plummeted and self isolation became the norm, long before Covid was even dreamt of, this place became almost my only connection with the outside world.

And for an anti social, introvert I have met some people who I have come to consider friends and when at times have gone AWOL, either because hospital called, strokes made it impossible to post, or just depression hit so hard, the couple who had my phone number or email quickly reached out to check if all was OK.

And they will never know just how much it meant to me.

Unfortunately I think my cruising days are all but over, but I hang around for the companionship.

• Like 5

CC  has really become a mainstay  since our last cruise and Covid.....

We tend to not mix a lot.... but really enjoy being on a cruise,...

It is now a regular stop when on the laptop......

Finger crossed.. that we will cruise in Nov 2022.....

Everybody stay safe......  and dream of being on a cruise....   Don

Pushka recommended this site to me, early 2014. She used to post on the old Amazon forum and when I mentioned we were looking at doing a cruise for Christmas that year she pointed me to here. Best thing ever! As well as having a wealth of information about all aspects of cruising in general it has a wonderful group of people (on our forum at least) who have provided specific help when needed, along with lots of laughs, pie recommendations, and so on. And it was a delight to be able to meet some of you on our trip earlier in the year.

• Like 1

As well as the cruising aspect this group has provided an invaluable connection during this pandemic. A place where we can cheer each other up, vent our frustrations, and poke the borax at our pollies. OK, we have the odd squabble occasionally but most families do and this forum feels like family.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As well as the cruising aspect this group has provided an invaluable connection during this pandemic. A place where we can cheer each other up, vent our frustrations, and poke the borax at our pollies. OK, we have the odd squabble occasionally but most families do and this forum feels like family.

It certainly has Julie. I joined in mid 2012, when a friend suggested it. Such a encyclopedia of information is stored in all the posts, particularly on this board and the Australia and NZ Ports board.

16 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I came here by a similar path, booked on Celebrity Century, after a hiatus of about 7 years from cruising, was looking for what a white space was just near our cabin, to be honest as my health has plummeted and self isolation became the norm, long before Covid was even dreamt of, this place became almost my only connection with the outside world.

And for an anti social, introvert I have met some people who I have come to consider friends and when at times have gone AWOL, either because hospital called, strokes made it impossible to post, or just depression hit so hard, the couple who had my phone number or email quickly reached out to check if all was OK.

And they will never know just how much it meant to me.

Unfortunately I think my cruising days are all but over, but I hang around for the companionship.

Yes it has been a great place to meet new friends. 

I have 3 cruises booked but beginning to think I will soon be only cruising in my mind. 

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

🤣🤣🤣

Although a few Kiwis have probably suffered the meat pie scald as well.

Now if you stuck to these you would not burn your mouth...Cold pork pies, do not heat !!

istockphoto-472060109-612x612.jpg.be3a17eca243855fda2a3dce6db761b3.jpg

35 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Now if you stuck to these you would not burn your mouth...Cold pork pies, do not heat !!

istockphoto-472060109-612x612.jpg.be3a17eca243855fda2a3dce6db761b3.jpg

While those are quite tasty, I would choose a cold steak and mushroom pie instead. I realize this is sacrilege but I am after all Canadian and we have different standards😇

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kate59 said:

Yes it has been a great place to meet new friends. 

I have 3 cruises booked but beginning to think I will soon be only cruising in my mind. 

Every day brings a new cancellation.  Today My friends’ group booking to Perth has just been cancelled. Airline keeping money for flights but can be used for other group flights. Airlines must be holding a fortune in cancelled flights. I hope my Adelaide flights in Sept don’t join the list!  In a page of cancellations, I have only one positive tick in my diary for an order from Spirit House!

• Like 1