Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have a great time. We began our road trip back home to NJ from Florida. Will go back in the end of January now. Have a Nov and Jan cruise on the Anthem. 

Excellent!  Did you visit antigua or st kitts?  I'm wondering if we do a ship excursion will we be allowed to shop at port?  One of my favorite silver shops is in antigua.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We got our Moderna boosters last Sunday and had worse reaction than the first 2 shots. No fever or chills, just cold and extreme fatigue. Hope you both feel better soon.

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My SIL told me she felt horrible for about 16 hrs after her moderna booster but had no issues with first 2.   

Oh, no!  Not what I want to hear!🧐  I never liked shots, to begin with.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Had either of you had any reactions to your first two shots? 

Yes, reactions to both shots.  My worst was the second one. 

This is why I didn’t want to get it before our cruise last week. I knew we would likely have a reaction. 

I got the Moderna booster the first part of October.  It was a full third shot at the time.  The first shot I just had a sore arm, the second shot I had a fever and didn't sleep well the first night, it was over by 10 a.m.  The third shot I had a sore arm and felt kind of tired the next day or two.  For me the worst was the second shot.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Have a great time. We began our road trip back home to NJ from Florida. Will go back in the end of January now. Have a Nov and Jan cruise on the Anthem. 

We likely passed each other, going in opposite directions!  I was strongly considering the 11/28 Anthem cruise. Decided against it because it’s so close to our return from FL & Thanksgiving, but I can’t stop thinking about it!  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you and Jim get pfizer or moderna?  Seems like people getting moderna booster are having stronger side effects.

Jack and I were fortunate that we didn't experience any bad side effects from our Moderna boosters except.  No major side effects from our 1st two shots either except fatigue.  

Something tells me we are not done with covid vaccines.  

The following is taken from Healthline website:

In updated guidelines released this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source said certain people who received the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will be eligible for a fourth dose.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am in the minority as I always preferred written to oral with regard to anything in the realm of education.

I don't know about being in the majority, but I had great difficulties writing papers.... One of the reasons I gave up writing my MA thesis 😢

• Like 1

I apologize for my absence. In the midst of getting ready for the cruise. Our beloved Maggie took a turn for the worst.

Posted on the review thread.

616247133_MAGGIERIP.thumb.jpg.b0e196593949b3d1edbe7a52ea2b164c.jpg

Farewell my little Miss Sea Dog

This dog is very sad. How quickly can one day be full of joy and another full of sorrow. This morning we had to let Maggie go rest in peace. She has never been the same since her sister Penny passed last June. They were inseparable. The last couple of weeks we saw her health decline rapidly. She wasn’t eating. She was losing her eyesight. She could not support herself.

Maggie’s long time vet said her kidneys were failing. He said that she would probably not live to see us get back from the cruise. She was over 13.5 years old. She lived longer than most Cavalier King Charles Spaniels live. Most live from 9-13 years. 

She was Jonathan’s first pet. He loved that dog so much.  Maggie loved all of us. Every night she would alternate between laying next to me or Linda. She was truly a lap dog.

So Last night Jonathan came over to say his goodbye’s. It was tough. One last night together cuddled up together and then this morning goodbye.

I hope to honor her life by enjoying life the way she did. Always having a happy face. Loving to eat and drink and splurging on an occasional treat. Staying close to ones you love. I hope some day to remember how lucky I was to known her love with wonder not grief.

Goodbye my beloved Miss Maggie Sea Dog. I know you are laying next to Penny and looking over us. We will always miss you and love you.

I am sorry I have not been able to respond to each of you. I have read your comments and your outpouring of love, support and concern overwhelm's me. I can not thank you enough for your support. I am truly blessed to have each of you in my life.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog has been gone a long time. This is a terrible way to be getting ready for a cruise. It should be a happy time.😐

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, I’d rather have things take their course while I was able to be there…instead of on a cruise hearing about it.  😭

But you are absolutely right, this isn’t the way we wanted them to start their retirement cruise.

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know I'm worried it wasn't a good day.

13 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Greg did post on his other thread about 3 hours ago. No news. Said he would give details later.

All we can do is keep praying.🙏🙏

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I agree @helen haywoodReally, really sad. It is better if it happens now, as awful as it is. Poor Maggie. I hope they put her stuff away before they leave. It is much more devastating to come home to it. Poor Greg & Linda. I know we are thinking the worst. I am thinking about them. Poor baby. 

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's now been quite awhile since Greg posted on his thread. Hoping for some news.  I can't stop thinking of Greg, Linda and Maggie.  Continued prayers, of course.

@Sea Dog

Just posted on his cruise thread.

RIP, Maggie 😢

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I have a lot of posts to catch up on. 
Greg, I don’t know what to say. My wishes for a peaceful outcome for Maggie and you.

Mimi, how are you doing?

Thank you for thinking about me.
I’m staying busy so I don’t dwell on Tuesday when I check in for my surgery. 
I’m hoping and praying the cancer hasn’t spread, but if it has, it has already done it, so I tell myself there’s no point in worrying. Of course, I’m a lifelong member of the Worriers Club!

Playing Bunco tonight and Mexican Train Saturday night. Then I’ve cleared the decks for a couple of weeks. 
Speaking of decks, for all of you Below Deck watchers, it was a Jeopardy answer this week. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 11

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you for thinking about me.
I’m staying busy so I don’t dwell on Tuesday when I check in for my surgery. 
I’m hoping and praying the cancer hasn’t spread, but if it has, it has already done it, so I tell myself there’s no point in worrying. Of course, I’m a lifelong member of the Worriers Club!

Playing Bunco tonight and Mexican Train Saturday night. Then I’ve cleared the decks for a couple of weeks. 
Speaking of decks, for all of you Below Deck watchers, it was a Jeopardy answer this week. 

What a wonderful, positive attitude you have.  You go girl!!!

• Like 4

@Sea Dog So very sad.  What a beautiful video tribute to your precious Maggie.  When you're on your cruise, sit back with your favorite adult beverage,  look out at the sea and think of Maggie and Penny watching over all of you with happiness knowing they led a life well lived and loved.

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Playing Bunco tonight and Mexican Train Saturday night.

Micheline was in a Bunco group when we lived in Cincinnati.  It always just seemed like an opportunity for women to get together and drink wine.  Now that I think about it, I guess that's not a whole lot different than men and golf. 😁

Mexican Train is one of our family's favorite games.  It's also a good excuse for us to gather around the dining room table that otherwise doesn't get much use.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric was going to get his booster while at shore house but we decided we better do booster in PA so all records in same state.  Just a thought😍

That's why I was originally putting it off, since we got our two shots in Naples.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you and Jim get pfizer or moderna?  Seems like people getting moderna booster are having stronger side effects.

We both got Moderna.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yes, reactions to both shots.  My worst was the second one. 

This is why I didn’t want to get it before our cruise last week. I knew we would likely have a reaction. 

That's also something that I've been hemming and hawing about.  I have doctor appts and possible procedures  in Florida in January, and then we're cruising in February and April.

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

I got the Moderna booster the first part of October.  It was a full third shot at the time.  The first shot I just had a sore arm, the second shot I had a fever and didn't sleep well the first night, it was over by 10 a.m.  The third shot I had a sore arm and felt kind of tired the next day or two.  For me the worst was the second shot.

We both only had a sore arm...I'm a side sleeper, and it didn't keep me awake.  I had seen two people who had warm red rashes at the shot site.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack and I were fortunate that we didn't experience any bad side effects from our Moderna boosters except.  No major side effects from our 1st two shots either except fatigue.  

Something tells me we are not done with covid vaccines.  

The following is taken from Healthline website:

In updated guidelines released this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source said certain people who received the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will be eligible for a fourth dose.

I think they've been hinting that it could be yearly, like the flu shot...we'll see.

• Like 2