Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

53 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Congratulations!!!!! We celebrate #48 on 6/30 while cruising on the Celebrity Edge...........where does the time go?????

I know, I remember when we got married I said I would be 71 if we made fifty years!  Never thought it would come so quickly🎉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Congratulations!!!!! We celebrate #48 on 6/30 while cruising on the Celebrity Edge...........where does the time go?????

This is our time to celebrate also my 72 birthday is Tuesday the following Tuesday is our 30 anniversary and the following week on our cruise is my wife’s 60th on July 4th. We will be consuming lots of good wine.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Had one of our favorite rolls today for lunch...Jonah crab rolls.  The Jonah crab is local and very sweet.  Our favorite Lobster pound (where we got last night's feast) has the best anywhere.  The two brothers that own the place enlist their Mom...Cathy...to hand pull the meat from them.  Hence we call it "Cathy Crab" when we ask for it.  So popular they hide the 8 oz. tubs of them in the back...since they fly off the shelf.  You have to ask for it.  

We do our rolls...both crab and Lobster..."traditional".    Nothing but butter.  Mmmm....and mine I make at home are the best IMHO.  😉 

I make shrimp rolls every couple of months. Not as good as lobster, but almost. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, George C said:

This is our time to celebrate also my 72 birthday is Tuesday the following Tuesday is our 30 anniversary and the following week on our cruise is my wife’s 60th on July 4th. We will be consuming lots of good wine.

Is that called a "trifecta"???? 3 X the congratulations!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George C said:

Happy almost 72,George.People on this thread are so young.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yesterday was NOT a routine day, it was a very good day.  Micheline is an ovarian cancer survivor who has been in remission for 3 years. She has checkups and gets blood tests done every 6 months.  The couple of days before blood test day are stressful for her, with the lingering fear that the bloodwork will show that the cancer is back.  Once again though, everything came back completely clean.  We're good for another 6 months!  After 5 years, she goes to annual checks instead of 6 months.  We have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor for more than 10 years.  She said that annual check fear diminishes but never goes away.  I'm sure that some of you can relate.

There was an extra bit of tension this time.  All test results (for any medical tests) are posted online as soon as they are available.  This is great because it reduces the amount of time that you need to wait to get the results (although also means that you will probably see the results before your doctor).  For ovarian cancer, the key blood test is called a CA-125 test.  A few hours after getting blood drawn, she'll get a text message that her results are ready and she'll log in to see the results.  When she logged in this time, they had posted basic metabolic panel test results, but no CA-125 results.  Someone had ordered the wrong test.  They quickly corrected this when she saw her oncologist yesterday, but it meant another day of waiting.  😡 

I started a tradition a couple of years ago where I have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge.  When we get the positive results, we pop the champagne.  🥂

Glad to hear Micheline is still cancer free and may the rest of her years continue to be also.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George C said:

All wonderful celebrations.  And a cruise yet!  Congratulations and party well!

Congratulations also to The Wizard and DaniD on their Anniversaries as well!

Congratulations on Micheline's (such a lovely name) wonderful test results.

This is my happy online place!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

was just wondering about this the other day!

Yesterday they removed the previous tint job done by the previous owner at a random shop. Had some dust in under the tint. Won’t fly for me or the shop is it at. Today it was done properly, along with a clear tint on the from window. The new brand of film cuts UV rays and heat down. You’d never know to look at it though. 

It will get the once over on Monday and it will be coming home then. Nate would fully appreciate all that was done. Truthfully I bet you would too. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Was that the year they knocked out the Jays?🤨

So it seems. Tough year for Toronto and NY. 

The 2015 American League Championship Series (ALCS) was a best-of-seven playoff contested between the Toronto Blue Jays and Kansas City Royals for the American League (AL) pennant and the right to play in the 2015 World Series. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

Happy Birthday week/ weekend.  My birthday is monday the 21st.  Usually first day of summer but that is thec10th this year.  I cannot believe I will be 55.  Uggghh!!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Found on FB

Pouring Rory's slab

received_1058722174662021.thumb.jpeg.8c07966381c0a3d08396f86f06d543c9.jpeg

But there seems to be a block shortage. 

Hurry up and wait

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Did he get busted again?

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Omerta 😪

Sometimes I feel his presence still here on certain threads....in the shadows...the whispers...look closely & there may be a V4 out there.....incognito, of course. 🙂    Time will tell.

Shhhh, mums the word. lol

• Like 5

On 6/15/2021 at 2:58 PM, Lionesss said:

I loved the picture of you and your family.  It is really nice putting a face to a fellow thread poster.

I have to admit, when I read posts and then someone takes the time to share their picture, it really makes the sharing of information more complete.

My mind seems to make up a picture of what I think you would look like.

I wonder if anyone else does this.

I do too...  but then it turns out I had a completely different image of the person in my mind 😉

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Today it was done properly, along with a clear tint on the from window. The new brand of film cuts UV rays and heat down. You’d never know to look at it though. 

I'm curious about this.  One of the largest makers of automotive glass says their windshields block 98% of UVA and 100% of UVB rays.  Your post says "from window" but I don't know if you meant the two front door windows or the windshield?  If you meant the windshield, I'm curious why you added the clear tint?