Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We have had about 35-40 trick-or-treaters so far. This is less than normal for us. I am hoping some teenagers show up, but it is just after 8pm here. I will give them the rest of the candy! 

We had zero and zero last year , most we have had is a dozen at our current home. 

• Like 4

Loving all the Halloween decorations and chocolates.  Sorry the number of children trick or treating is down.  

We have “the race that stops the nation” on today.  The Melbourne Cup horse race.  Race goers in Melbourne normally dress up in their summery dresses but have been told by the weather bureau to rug up with a top temp of 14C and rain and possible hail forecast.

We have an outdoor  Race Day ladies lunch at work today but gutsy winds here in Sydney has forced it to be moved indoors which is a shame.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She did an amazing job with the wreaths.   Everything looks great.

Sad to say it started raining around 7 pm so we had only a few.  

Next couple of days should be decent weather with a high of 70f.

Do you think they will rain delay Halloween, like the game? 

Online article said a city in Michigan cancelled Halloween Trick or Treating and closed the sidewalks because of a cockroach infestation.  Ick. Eeww. That sounds unpleasant. 😦

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

When I used to do my big Halloween light show I had over 200 kids come by. Now not so much. Probably 60-70 this year. In case you haven’t seen it, back in my younger years I did a light programming Halloween display.

• Like 17

We had 77 between 6:30 and 8.

I have a video playing in the upstairs room, witches ghosts and other ghouls.  Have projector putting horror pictures on the front door, and the triple garage and the second floor.

We quit at 8.  Watching the Blues versus king like a bad horror movie where they kill the hot girl

jc

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

When I used to do my big Halloween light show I had over 200 kids come by. Now not so much. Probably 60-70 this year. In case you haven’t seen it, back in my younger years I did a light programming Halloween display.

That’s impressive!

• Like 2

In years past, we'd get between 110-130 kids coming to the house from 5:00 - 9:00 pm. Then it started to dwindle down to 80-90. Haven't been home the last 2 Halloweens so wasn't sure what to expect.  My "sources" (i.e. friends with kids) said Halloween is going to be big this year, after 2 Pandemic years. Plus, the weather is very mild for this time of year, low 60's, no breeze. 

So I bought several bags of variety candy, 330 pieces in all, with the intention of giving every kid 3 pieces. Not sure why I decided on the number, maybe easy math?

Got 30 kids between 6-7:30.  Last few got 5 or 6 pieces each.  The remaining 200+ should last me until New Years, unless I put them in my nieces & nephews Christmas stockings.😁😈

• Like 9

1 hour ago, George C said:

We had zero and zero last year , most we have had is a dozen at our current home. 

We live somewhat near you and they are still coming here. Little kids - and it’s 9:20 p.m. We live on a corner and we get a massive amount of trick-or-treaters. First the neighborhood kids, then van loads from other areas. Based on the piece count on the bags of candy, I will end up giving away nearly 700 pieces.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

7:10 PM...we are still at 0. 

Wow, is Halloween Trick-or-Treating a thing of the past? We did have several Trunck-or-Treat events over the weekend, I wonder if that could explain the low turnout? I also thought that since this is the first time in 3 years I'm home, that maybe the kids just bypassed the house. But I went out on the street several times and it seemed empty. In the past, there's be scores of kids running in all directions.

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We live somewhat near you and they are still coming here. Little kids - and it’s 9:20 p.m. We live on a corner and we get a massive amount. First the neighborhood kids, then van loads from other areas. Based on the piece count on the bags of candy, I will end up giving away nearly 700 pieces.

Glad to see Halloween is alive and well in your 'hood.  My neighborhood used to be like yours. first the little kids, then bigger ones, then big kids from other area being dropped off.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Wow, is Halloween Trick-or-Treating a thing of the past? We did have several Trunck-or-Treat events over the weekend, I wonder if that could explain the low turnout? I also thought that since this is the first time in 3 years I'm home, that maybe the kids just bypassed the house. But I went out on the street several times and it seemed empty. In the past, there's be scores of kids running in all directions.

The next door child just came by with his dad. So that is one. 🙁 And no, there doesn't seem to be anyone out on the block either. Maybe it not a thing anymore. 

"Parade" magazine from the newspaper just announced that they will be going online only as of November 13. I'm kind of sad all these things are going away in our lifetime. 🙁

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

This is what I mean about California. LOL. ☺️ From Nextdoor: 

"#halloween

Allergy friendly (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free) candy as well!"

Final kid count was 8. 

We will probably take some of the leftovers down to our former workplaces. They eat anything chocolate. ☺️

• Like 5

Wished I would've known this last cruise. D+ are allowed in the suite/concierge lounge. Not sure what it's called on here. Formal night tonight. Tried to sneak a picture of Mike in. also tried to get a picture of the lounge while being inconspicuous so it's not very good. Munchies are a little better, but the view sealed it for us.

20221101_174239.thumb.jpg.31cfa31808ec890b0228612f6795360a.jpg

20221101_172659.thumb.jpg.619abd2708be75133b63fa6f49c74c5e.jpg

20221101_180626.thumb.jpg.37bcf6eb6c17a2202dd3bbbb4aa1b12a.jpg

• Like 12

We didn't expect any kids in our neighborhood.  It's mostly retired people...we are pretty clearly below the average age.  There are only 3 kids that I know of and all 3 are older teenagers...at least that's what I thought.  I glanced out our front window before dinner and saw a couple of parents walking up to our neighbor's house across the street with a kid in costume.  I told Micheline and we scrambled to figure out what to give him (we didn't buy any candy).  Micheline had a larger Lindor candy bar that she breaks into pieces for a small taste of chocolate every now and then.  It was unopened, so we're good.  Then I see that there's a second kid.  Now what?  The Lindor thing is the only thing in the house remotely like candy.  Let's give them money.  How much is appropriate...$1 per kid?  $2?  Seems tacky, but what else can we do?

The doorbell rang a few minutes later and sure enough, 2 parents with 2 boys about 10 years old.  We went to give them money and the parents immediately said that's not necessary.  Several houses had given the kids large candy bars (probably like us) and they already had more than they need.  They didn't really want any money.  We talked with them for a few minutes.  Nice people with several things in common with us.  They are fairly new to the neighborhood.  We agreed that we need to get together for happy hour sometime.  We might have made new adult friends.  😁

Halloween used to be our biggest decoration holiday...bigger than Christmas.  Maybe we'll go all out on the house next year even though that's not a thing here.  Maybe we'll start something new.

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Like most people in the US, I woke up this morning and tossed my losing Powerball ticket in the trash.   But we can all still dream big.  Wednesday, it will be at least $1.2B.

I won a whopping $12.   Will just roll it over for ticket to win the 1.28 billion.    Then we can afford the world cruise😃

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today, our beautiful granddaughter Erin is celebrating her 21st Birthday!  She was our very first grandchild, who made Jim and I a Nana and Pop!!

We had rushed up to Massachusetts when our SIL called to say that our daughter Jennifer was in labor.  By the time we got to the hospital, it was just after midnight.  As we sat in the hallway, we asked a passing Nurse if she knew if our daughter had given birth yet.  She went and checked, and said that she had, and was still in the Delivery Room.  She asked if we'd like to go in and see her.  Really???  In the Delivery Room?  Jim and I quietly walked in, and there was our SIL, holding our Erin.  He asked if I'd like to hold the baby.  OMG!!!!  I held Erin in my arms, and she looked right into my eyes.  Love at first sight!💕

Maryann @Luckynana.

Happy 21st birthday wishes for Erin your lovely granddaughter.

Graham x.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Thanks 1

Good morning. 

We went to Sams club and bought 3 large boxes of the 48 pack M & M’s. We opened 2 boxes and when all was said and done we had 3 packs left. So we had 93 trick or treaters.  Our street is a dead end street and the local place to go. The township ambulance parks at one  end. And a police cruiser at the other. They do not stay all that time. But when they leave they use their lights and intermittent sirens. 

Checked my power ball tickets. 
First time I won on it. 
Mind you I usually do not buy them with the odds of winning unimaginable. 
So later today I will go and turn it in for my $4. Net loss $16. 

Today Lizzy has a follow up visit to get one more vaccination. As well as get her pedicure. Damn those talons are dangerous. 

Then I have to return some items I borrowed for shower. 

Not done yet. 
Going for eye doctor appointment to get yearly exam. Yes. New glasses time. But I have appointments every 6 months to monitor my eye pressure. It is close to be called glaucoma.  But just a tad under the limits for treatment with the drops.  My mom was monitored for 30 years and never needed treatment.  

My day continues. 
Then heading to Lens Crafters to get my new glasses ordered. I picked out my frames last month. And so ready for new ones. 

Now. With all this running around, I will not have time to slave over a hot stove (😜), so I will just have to order takeout at one of the local watering holes. “ Up a Creek”.   Lets just say it’s easier than even asking the DH to plan and cook dinner.  And I’m not in the mood for sams club chicken which he would go for. 

Tonight besides Jeopardy, there is nothing great for me on TV. I did start watching that mini series Archive 81 and it does have my attention. Bizarre, but interesting. 

Have a safe day. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Now. With all this running around, I will not have time to slave over a hot stove (😜), so I will just have to order takeout at one of the local watering holes. “ Up a Creek”.  

It has been a few years since we have been there.  We liked going for food and drinks, and listening to the bands outside.  Never in the colder months though.   Let me know how it is.  Looks like they only have bands on Fridays this month.