Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

No trick or treaters here because we live in the country, the houses are very far apart and it is dark.  

Throwing away the useless piece of paper called a power ball ticket.

@Lionesssthat reminds me I need to find a new place for glasses.  Mine will do for awhile longer but at some point I will need new ones.  The place I was going was awful during covid.  The receptionist would fly around the counter with her thermometer and proceed to pepper you with questions about covid exposure.  I wanted to ask her if anyone had ever said yes to any of her questions.  It was very annoying so I won't go back.

I need to find a turkey so I will be stalking Winn Dixie until I get one.  The meat guy said they should get them in this week.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

No trick or treaters here because we live in the country, the houses are very far apart and it is dark.  

Throwing away the useless piece of paper called a power ball ticket.

@Lionesssthat reminds me I need to find a new place for glasses.  Mine will do for awhile longer but at some point I will need new ones.  The place I was going was awful during covid.  The receptionist would fly around the counter with her thermometer and proceed to pepper you with questions about covid exposure.  I wanted to ask her if anyone had ever said yes to any of her questions.  It was very annoying so I won't go back.

I need to find a turkey so I will be stalking Winn Dixie until I get one.  The meat guy said they should get them in this week.

Laura got a Butterball at Aldi for $1.79

I'll grab some Jenny O's when they hit 49 cents

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wished I would've known this last cruise. D+ are allowed in the suite/concierge lounge. Not sure what it's called on here. Formal night tonight. Tried to sneak a picture of Mike in. also tried to get a picture of the lounge while being inconspicuous so it's not very good. Munchies are a little better, but the view sealed it for us.

20221101_174239.thumb.jpg.31cfa31808ec890b0228612f6795360a.jpg

20221101_172659.thumb.jpg.619abd2708be75133b63fa6f49c74c5e.jpg

20221101_180626.thumb.jpg.37bcf6eb6c17a2202dd3bbbb4aa1b12a.jpg

It is the concierge lounge.  When we were on it both times it was closed to D+.  both were repositioning cruises on the Ovation.  One from Singapore to China and the other a TP.  So, I doubt you missed out last cruise.  I have not been in the CL on a Quantum class ship, but I am sure the view is way better than the DL.  

JC

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 1

I live in a new subdivision so we have a lot of kids.  Our trick or treating hours are from 6-8 and last year I was wiped out at 6:45.  So, I bought more this year, 2 bags of 150 pieces from Costco, and I was wiped out at 7:30.  It probably would have been sooner but we had rain for a good portion of the time, although it was warm for Michigan!🙂

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We live somewhat near you and they are still coming here. Little kids - and it’s 9:20 p.m. We live on a corner and we get a massive amount of trick-or-treaters. First the neighborhood kids, then van loads from other areas. Based on the piece count on the bags of candy, I will end up giving away nearly 700 pieces.

We live in a area without many children in nob hill area , we were only house with any Halloween decorations outside . 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura got a Butterball at Aldi for $1.79

I'll grab some Jenny O's when they hit 49 cents

That is an idea.  There is an Aldi near my nail salon that I will check out today after my nail appointment.  Thank you.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Formal night tonight. Tried to sneak a picture of Mike in. also tried to get a picture of the lounge while being inconspicuous so it's not very good. Munchies are a little better, but the view sealed it for us.

20221101_174239.thumb.jpg.31cfa31808ec890b0228612f6795360a.jpg

I like Mike's tie and cummerbund. Cheers!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

When I used to do my big Halloween light show I had over 200 kids come by. Now not so much. Probably 60-70 this year. In case you haven’t seen it, back in my younger years I did a light programming Halloween display.

AWESOME, GREG!!!!

I bookmarked this to show my grandson Jack.  He and his friends made a video for Halloween for his High School, which was shown yesterday morning at school.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Tomorrow I’ll catch up again. 
Today I’ve been busy and part has been trying to binge watch Amazing Race to catch up on it now that it’s moved to 9pm instead of 10!

meanwhile, Happy Halloween from me and my DD’s cat Jasmine. 

EC8047B4-0A96-469F-A416-439FB29AA967.jpeg

I have never seen a black cat with blue eyes.  She’s beautiful!

• Like 5

Something weird going on with CC. I can sign in with the iPad but not my Samsung.  The log in looks different. Must be upgrades going on..  On the Samsung it will not let me get to the log in page.  It also turned my O icon to NO.  @Ocean Boy and others with Samsung or androids, is this happening to you?

• Like 2

I got on with my computer after multiple attempts and clearing cache, however my profile pic was gone. I just reloaded it in my profile. 

However, I can't get to Cruise Critic on my Samsung phone. It is in some type of Login "loop"....

There was a message on Cruise Critic that they were going to do some changes today and we would have to re-login. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mets07 said:

I got on with my computer after multiple attempts and clearing cache, however my profile pic was gone. I just reloaded it in my profile. 

However, I can't get to Cruise Critic on my Samsung phone. It is in some type of Login "loop"....

There was a message on Cruise Critic that they were going to do some changes today and we would have to re-login. 

There has been a thread started on a help page.  Others are having problems.  We may not see some regulars for awhile.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2891183-can’t-log-in-on-pc-today/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There has been a thread started on a help page.  Others are having problems.  We may not see some regulars for awhile.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2891183-can’t-log-in-on-pc-today/

I couldn't log in on my iPhone or iPad, but could on the PC.  Once I cleared all cookies and website data for Safari, I could log in on the iPad.  I will have to try clearing on my iPhone now.

I did notice that the avatars got deleted.  I had to upload an old low res one, so I may have to do a new one now.

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Kit Kats & Reese Peanut Butter Cups are my 2 favorites of all time, with Nestle Krunch Bar being a close 2nd (or 3rd)

Yesterday one of my former neighbors was in my house.I had forgotten that he is a HUGE Yankees fan.I emphasize huge in that he was a HS football player and still has the same built.This past July he was on vacation with his wife .They were in a restaurant and saw on a wall a picture of the Yankee team celebrating Larsens Perfect Game.He told the Manager that he would like to buy the picture.He was told it was not for sale.He asked if it was for sale what would the price be.
He now has the picture on a wall in the den in his house.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had sign in issues as well.  I couldn't log in on my laptop using MS Edge but when I tried logging in with Chrome it worked and here I am!!

@lenquixote66Lenny how did your neighborhood reunion go?  Hope it was wonderful.

It was wonderful.Three of the people who came went to the same HS as your BIL who lived in Brooklyn but did not know him.Currently I have three neighbors who went to my HS when I was there and we did not know each other.I think that kids in school in 2022 know many other kids because of all the communication advances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Something weird going on with CC. I can sign in with the iPad but not my Samsung.  The log in looks different. Must be upgrades going on..  On the Samsung it will not let me get to the log in page.  It also turned my O icon to NO.  @Ocean Boy and others with Samsung or androids, is this happening to you?

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Add me to the list of people  that can not sign-in from my Samsung phone.  I'm also stuck in the Log-in "loop" where every time I hit the "sign-in" button, it gives me a message that I must sign-in. Duh!  I feel like CC IT dept must've outsourced work to Royal's IT dept.

Right now, I'm on my Windows laptop using Firefox, which also took me awhile as my log-in credentials where cleared out & and or course, I didn't remember my password so I "locked" my account numerous times until I finally just reset it.

Some post-Halloween spookery going on. 👻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday one of my former neighbors was in my house.I had forgotten that he is a HUGE Yankees fan.I emphasize huge in that he was a HS football player and still has the same built.This past July he was on vacation with his wife .They were in a restaurant and saw on a wall a picture of the Yankee team celebrating Larsens Perfect Game.He told the Manager that he would like to buy the picture.He was told it was not for sale.He asked if it was for sale what would the price be.
He now has the picture on a wall in the den in his house.

Proving the old saying: "Everything is for sale for the right price".

• Like 3