Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Sorry to bother everyone but am wondering what to do. I purchased some internet and soda package last Friday during Royal's wonderful IT problems. My credit card has 3 charges still pending for the same amount $323.90. I assumed they would have fallen off by now. My cart still has the items in it. I assume I must wait till they are no longer pending?

Pending authorizations will disappear if the corresponding charge doesn't come through.  Nothing to be done.

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Pending authorizations will disappear if the corresponding charge doesn't come through.  Nothing to be done.

Well yes...but they were made on Friday & Saturday and should have dropped off by now. 

I know most people don't let the cat up on the table. But mom let him, so we do. He is very persistent. Bobby doesn't actually eat people food, except for bacon. But he always wants to see what we are having. Happy Thanksgiving, from our family to yours. 

And we still have a lot of leftover Halloween candy. ☺️

Bobby Thanksgiving.JPG

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Ozark_KidI hope that Finnely had a most enjoyable first Thanksgiving !

Recently, I saw a quote on an illustration by Mary Englebreit.

” It is not so much about the food that is sitting on the table,but those who are sitting on the chairs around the table. “.

MJ🙋🏻

We had a great time together though Finnley slept through most of it.  I agree with the quote.  All about enjoying time together. 

We were pretty full again.  On top of all the Thanksgiving food, my DD made some great chocolate chip cookies and left us a bunch.  Just a little while ago, even though we were full we both started thinking about the cookies.   We had to go with one of Sharon's quotes we usually only use when on a cruise..... You don't have to be hungry 😋 to eat!  

I hope and others enjoyed the day!

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When our daughters married we let them know that we didn't have to get together on the exact holiday day.  If it is big to in-laws, we can meet on another day.  One less thing for them to stress about.

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

That's great that you're so understanding of in-laws, etc.  

Very clever on your side, John, wholeheartedly agreeing with "Brillo" 👍

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Fabulous sail away from Galveston right now. 😂

Bethany, Andrew's huge smile says it all. Enjoy it to the fullest 🌼

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sue, be prepared for your heart to melt in approx. less than a month.  When she'll grab your finger and smile at you, you'll be a goner, forever in love.  Such a wonderful, indescribable feeling.  You and Rick will be over the moon!

@Lionesss, Sue, so very true...  💘

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@dani negreanu you were right, the new Robert Crais book was a quick read.  I started and finished it today.  Now I have to look for something new to read. 

Sometimes, I'm feeling such a "void" after finishing a good book...

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

I know most people don't let the cat up on the table. But mom let him, so we do. He is very persistent. Bobby doesn't actually eat people food, except for bacon.

Beautiful Bobby seems very "determined" 😘

• Like 10

9 hours ago, George C said:

I hope we will get a chance to meet on our Sunday cruise,  doubt we will make the Monday get together.

We won’t make that get together either.  Will just have started breakfast.  😊  I have chin length blonde hair and DH is 6’4” with a shaved head…if you see us around.  I know you’ll be hanging out in the Retreat…we’ll be at the Sunset or Martini Bars.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

We won’t make that get together either.  Will just have started breakfast.  😊  I have chin length blonde hair and DH is 6’4” with a shaved head…if you see us around.  I know you’ll be hanging out in the Retreat…we’ll be at the Sunset or Martini Bars.

I am also 6’ 4 and wife is also blond , I have brown hair .we love the martini bar.

• Like 1

Sea Dog Christmas Decorations Are Finally UP !

After 3 weeks I finally got all the decorations up. The house feels very cozy. Since I did not want to post a ton of pictures I decided to put together a slide show of everything with music from the great Jackie Gleason Orchestra.

Fun Facts.

* 5 inside trees with 3, I did not set up. One being my vintage aluminum tree in the living room because of new furniture and the basement tree since we don't use the basement as much now a days. And 3 Jonathan's bedroom tree as he has it know at his house.

* All the tree toppers, mantle swags, garland, little displays and table settings were designed by my wife Linda. She is quite crafty and I love her ideas.

*The tree in the upstairs master is my parents original tree which is over 55 years old. It has over two hundred ornaments some of which are over 70 years old. There are over 200 ornaments on the tree.

*The Santa Collection was started by my mom. Most of the Santas are hand carved from wood and some of them are over 70 years old.

* Also from Linda's mom's house was the Jewelry Tree and the Ceramic Christmas Tree both over 60 years old.

* Outside has 3 Christmas trees, one on the front porch and the 3 animated trees in the back with 5 zones of 3 colors each with over 20 extension cords for each tree.

* My studio tree above the garage has my pride and joy an official Christmas Story Leg Lamp.

I tried to include everything in the video but we have so much stuff. I hope this gets you in the mood for the holidays.

Happy Holidays from the Sea Dog family.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 10

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

After 3 weeks I finally got all the decorations up. The house feels very cozy. Since I did not want to post a ton of pictures I decided to put together a slide show of everything with music from the great Jackie Gleason Orchestra.

Fun Facts.

* 5 inside trees with 3, I did not set up. One being my vintage aluminum tree in the living room because of new furniture and the basement tree since we don't use the basement as much now a days. And 3 Jonathan's bedroom tree as he has it know at his house.

* All the tree toppers, mantle swags, garland, little displays and table settings were designed by my wife Linda. She is quite crafty and I love her ideas.

*The tree in the upstairs master is my parents original tree which is over 55 years old. It has over two hundred ornaments some of which are over 70 years old. There are over 200 ornaments on the tree.

*The Santa Collection was started by my mom. Most of the Santas are hand carved from wood and some of them are over 70 years old.

* Also from Linda's mom's house was the Jewelry Tree and the Ceramic Christmas Tree both over 60 years old.

* Outside has 3 Christmas trees, one on the front porch and the 3 animated trees in the back with 5 zones of 3 colors each with over 20 extension cords for each tree.

* My studio tree above the garage has my pride and joy an official Christmas Story Leg Lamp.

I tried to include everything in the video but we have so much stuff. I hope this gets you in the mood for the holidays.

It is all so beautiful.  I want to have Christmas at your house!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Fun Facts.

Oh my gosh, everything is so beautiful.  I am especially enamored by the Jewelry Tree.  I have lots and lots of my mother's jewelry.  A friend recently suggested using it to create a tree like the one you have from Linda's mom.  Now that I can see the possibilities, I am totally inspired to do it!  It looks like there are lights in it as well.  It that correct?

Joy

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, derorim said:

Oh my gosh, everything is so beautiful.  I am especially enamored by the Jewelry Tree.  I have lots and lots of my mother's jewelry.  A friend recently suggested using it to create a tree like the one you have from Linda's mom.  Now that I can see the possibilities, I am totally inspired to do it!  It looks like there are lights in it as well.  It that correct?

Joy

Yes Joy there are lights in it. Here is a picture of the back. Little holes were drilled and the mini lights are just pushed through.

FD810211-A97B-461A-976D-E1AE15442B8D.thumb.jpeg.e15380a074020c6d6f83f1a1e8309a9d.jpeg

Heres a close up of the front.

F57E6B46-9B46-49F1-AD03-F7D31A421908.thumb.jpeg.4f5ce77619698f60321ab8d63d621d2f.jpeg

This tree is really old. There are a lot of YouTube videos on how to make one. I think they look really cool. Linda is going to make another one from scratch. If you have any specific questions I can ask her.

• Like 9