Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I definitely agree.  Deck 6 is usually our favorite too.  I personally prefer the cabins near the aft elevator, bump out.  I like using the stairs to get to deck 5 for cafe 270, 270 theater, vintages bar and the esplanade/promenade.   

We did enjoy deck 7 too but our go to is deck 6.

Like I said Jim if you can get one of the square cabins on deck 7 for a price much less than  JS and don't have to have CK I would go for it.  

July 2024    B2B  7 Nights  & 14 nights

On the 14 nighter the J4 was less $$ then those square cabins you  were talking about for  some  reason.

Have a 2D for the first leg, the J4 on the first leg was crazy high in my opinion for 7 nights............the J4 on the 2nd leg for 14 nights was more reasonable and nice to have the extra space for 14 nights.

The cabins are both on deck 7 only about 2 cabins away from each other so we will have cabin steward move everything over for us. Be an easy move for him or her.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I don’t live far from the port of San Diego .   I like your pics of the coastline near your home . What a great place to live . 

Wow, about as far as you can get from NH and still be in the continental U.S.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, NHProud said:

Since everyone is giving a local weather report so here is mine in San Diego: 

currently 70°F 

sunny 

no wind 

humidity 34% 

forecast for Christmas warmest in the country 

My hubby wanted to move to St Paul after he retired to which I replied HA ! 

It’s been mentioned before , don’t be crunching ice with your teeth. I cracked a tooth above the gum line . My dentist can’t deal with it , endodontist referral couldn’t deal with it and now I’m waiting for a consultation with an oral surgeon. The pain from the infection was really bad . Still on antibiotics. I hope , it can be dealt with before our mid-January cruise . 

Jane get well soon . 

Jim eager to see your finished floor . 

Sorry about your tooth pain.I hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I’m going to ask for a 3-D printed tooth and some glue 😄

A long time friend of mine moved from NYC to Santee,CA about 40 years ago.He proclaimed it to be the best place to live because of the great weather.He left to move to a small town in Oregon that has the most snow of any area in the state.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I got  2 cabins about 2 cabins apart on deck 7 for a B2B on hold right now on the bump out. I hope the smoke pit(isn't the smoke pit like half way between back of ship and the aft elevator) doesn't bother us to much. I figured with the ship sailing forward the smoke will travel toward the back of the ship..........Our 2 cabins are pretty much on the bump out, Category 2D and category J4

You'll be just fine on deck 7.    If you look at deck 5 starboard deck plan the smoking station that is enclosed like a bus stop is located across from vintages.  Cabins in the the area of 6674 6676 6678 get the smokey smell.   If you are anywhere near the area of 7646 you'll be fine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You'll be just fine on deck 7.    If you look at deck 5 starboard deck plan the smoking station that is enclosed like a bus stop is located across from vintages.  Cabins in the the area of 6674 6676 6678 get the smokey smell.   If you are anywhere near the area of 7646 you'll be fine.

Actually after looking more closely, we are on the port side, so I guess no issues from the smokey smell just have to deal with the lights showing on that side of the ship from Jamie's. You every been on the port side, just how long are those lights left on.

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A long time friend of mine moved from NYC to Santee,CA about 40 years ago.He proclaimed it to be the best place to live because of the great weather.He left to move to a small town in Oregon that has the most snow of any area in the state.

My dentist’s office is in Santee .  

I decided to drive from Champaign (Illinois) to Battle Creek (Michigan) a day early.  (I'm working weekends in MI for a while.)  

I left mid-afternoon and it was snowing in IL with a temp of 14F and a wicked wind.  When I got into Michigan, the temp climbed a bit (low 20s).  Indiana forgot to put snowplows out, so I-94 was running at around 10mph in that state, but Michigan actually plowed a bit, so traffic was going between 40-50mph.  

Now just need to worry about my son's drive from Fort Drum, NY, to Michigan.  He's officially discharged from the Army (for good) and headed home... in the middle of a blizzard, on a holiday weekend!  LOL 

Safe travels and happy holidays (whichever holidays you celebrate) to all of my CC "framily"!!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I decided to drive from Champaign (Illinois) to Battle Creek (Michigan) a day early.  (I'm working weekends in MI for a while.)  

I left mid-afternoon and it was snowing in IL with a temp of 14F and a wicked wind.  When I got into Michigan, the temp climbed a bit (low 20s).  Indiana forgot to put snowplows out, so I-94 was running at around 10mph in that state, but Michigan actually plowed a bit, so traffic was going between 40-50mph.  

Now just need to worry about my son's drive from Fort Drum, NY, to Michigan.  He's officially discharged from the Army (for good) and headed home... in the middle of a blizzard, on a holiday weekend!  LOL 

Safe travels and happy holidays (whichever holidays you celebrate) to all of my CC "framily"!!!

They couldn't have flown him home? he has to drive?

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

July 2024 (7 and a 14 nights) from Southampton, England

School holidays are usually from the third week in July. 

Scottish schools usually break up a little earlier as do private schools

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

BTW, I'm taking copious notes on Anthem cabin hints/recommendations. 👍

I almost feel like I'm planning for a cruise.

Me too, love Anthem, and the best we get her for six or seven months a year over here 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

How great to have your son home for good and for the Holiday Season 

Wishing him and you safe travels 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Greg, It sure does hit quickly! It's now 18⁰ windchill 0⁰.  It's windy but from a distance the garlic covering looks like it's holding up. Maybe some of this snow will pile up on it and will help even more.  Has the snow stopped there yet?

Right now we're at -11, feels like -33. Yuk. We're tucked in for the day. Fri should hover around 0, unk wind chill.

Isn't Garlic like a weed and just keeps on giving?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Right now we're at -11, feels like -33. Yuk. We're tucked in for the day. Fri should hover around 0, unk wind chill.

Isn't Garlic like a weed and just keeps on giving?

Eeew. I don't want to live where it is that cold. I can't even imagine your heating bills. 

• Like 2

So, DD decided I needed a photo of grandad in the framed multiple family photo montage of his birthday dinner that I am gifting him for Christmas.

I went to Officeworks this afternoon to print off one photo, ended up selecting 95 recent holiday photos ….then inadvertently selected the poster size so the bill came to $895.00…had to cancel and go through the whole process again of uploading 4500 mobile phone photos (yes I should have put them in folders beforehand) and  selecting the ones I wanted.  Hit print for them to be printed out.  No receipt. Receipt needed for auto print machine.  30min queue at the help desk to get a receipt printed off.

Photos printing off very slowly, Then the at the 50th photo I realised that there was an issue with the printer, the photos were being printed with multiple green horizontal lines.  Sigh.  Back to the help desk.  No they can’t cancel the order mid print and no they can’t reprint right now. 

After spending over an hour and a half at Officeworks, I gave up and left the building with 50% good photos ….only to have the photo envelope carrying the photos burst and the 95 photos blown everywhere on the road and down a carpark ramp…,I had four kind strangers chasing after my photos….

Hoping no-one will notice will  the horizontal lined photo until I have a chance to replace….

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The square cabins on deck 7 we either standard OVB or OVB with large balcony.   For our last sailing they were much cheaper than a JS.   No CK access.  

There are some nice JS on Anthem that have 1.5 bathrooms but no walkin closet.  I forget if they are j4 or j3.  

We had one of those square cabins booked on Anthem For April, 2020.  It would have been our first sailing on that class ship, and a first out of  Cape Liberty.

Hmm, for some reason, we could not go on that cruise.  I mean, it was after the two weeks to slow the spread thing.

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How many hockey games during the time off from school?

Amazingly enough zero. Two years ago the provincial hockey association decided to have no hockey games during Christmas and March school breaks for all ages of kids. They determined that the kids needed some time to themselves for  an actual physical and mental break.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

July 2024    B2B  7 Nights  & 14 nights

On the 14 nighter the J4 was less $$ then those square cabins you  were talking about for  some  reason.

Have a 2D for the first leg, the J4 on the first leg was crazy high in my opinion for 7 nights............the J4 on the 2nd leg for 14 nights was more reasonable and nice to have the extra space for 14 nights.

The cabins are both on deck 7 only about 2 cabins away from each other so we will have cabin steward move everything over for us. Be an easy move for him or her.

Excellent!  This will be a great itinerary for a b2b.   

I have to start looking at 2024 itineraries for Europe sailings.   

• Like 2