Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for asking. Replaced knee is doing a lot better. Still have some numbness and occasional nerve pain. Left knee was really bad until I saw another doc who specializes in non surgical options. He injected it with Syndisc which works as a lubricant. So far knee is much better. Fingers crossed I can kick the can down the road and not have replacement on my other knee.

So glad to hear your left knee is feeling better;  darn nerve pain in your right, not to mention the numbness.  Jim doesn't have too much numbness, but he does have some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derorim said:

If not the vintage planes, how about a seaplane ride over San Francisco?  They fly over the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, etc.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1157f5fc8fb08704957a64fd9a4196b2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.15045ba69e3b19b99e554a85ce95bad3.jpeg

Back in the '60's when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, someone I knew (we called him Captain John) had a seaplane and he flew my roommate and myself over to Bimini for lunch one day.  He was hoping to start a business where he would fly tourists back and forth between Ft. Lauderdale and Bimini.  I don't know if it ever came to fruition, since I had moved back to New York shortly afterward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Love you too, Marietta 🥰

The flooding made the news here too, along with a terrorist attack at a synagogue in Jerusalem, killing 7 and wounding 5 .....😢 The bloodshed, on both sides, never ends 😢

Yes, Dani..I saw that on the news...I am so sorry.  Frightening what goes on in this World of ours.😔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I don't have time to read all the posts I have missed.  We have a sunset cruise soon.  Wanted to share a picture of two of the hundreds of manatees we saw today.  I am super happy.

Resized_20230127_102704(1).jpeg

Happy to hear this!  On the news the other day, there was talk about so many manatees dying since  Hurricane Ian.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy to hear this!  On the news the other day, there was talk about so many manatees dying since  Hurricane Ian.

On the gulf side it is good news with many mothers and babies coming in to the Springs.  Here Kings Bay has a regrass program to plant and restore the grasses the manatees need to eat.  On the east coast the news is not as good.  The Indian River where the manatees go does not have enough grasses for them.  They have a feeding program but they need a restoration program.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Flight 6AM Sat. morning. Yes, I know all about flying the same day but I have to work today. 

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. I would be a bit more concerned about a same day flight but the plane gets in tonight and over nights at the airport here and it is non stop to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning. For two weeks I have been checking every day to see if it has been getting off on time! 

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

enjoy the new Quantum class 🌷

Us, too.  We are flying in the same day as cruise day for our Bella cruise in March.  I guess it's more a red=eye flight.  Jet Blue leaves here 10PM Saturday night and get in 7 something Sunday morning.  The clock changes to Daylight Saving Time while we are in flight so we loose an hour.  I get nervous about flying in the same day.  I have been checking flight status everyday for that same flight since last July.  I write down and keep a log to keep track of their departure and arrival times  So far, they have been pretty good even during all the flight cancellations and delays airlines had last month. 

Enjoy Odyssey.  You will love the Windjammer.  I guarantee it.  Or your money back. 😀 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've recently been getting this strong desire to go somewhere.  That would normally mean booking a cruise, but we decided to lay off cruising for a while since the "Wow" factor has been lacking for us lately.  The whole absence makes the heart grow fonder thing.  I had a bunch of Delta upgrade certificates that were expiring at the end of January, so I called Delta and we're booked in about 3 weeks to fly to San Francisco.  We'll spend 3 days in Napa, 3 days in San Francisco, and a couple of days in Monterey.  

Looking for advice from any Napa fans here.  What wineries should we visit?  What activities would you recommend?  What restaurants?  We're staying at the Hotel Yountville.  Unfortunately, The French Laundry is fully booked. 😁 

Any ideas for San Francisco would also be appreciated.  We'll probably visit Alacatraz and drive across the Golden Gate bridge to Sausalito and the viewpoints on the Marin Headlands.  Of course, we'll go to Pier 39/Fisherman's Wharf and drive down Lombard Street.  What other lesser-known things do you like about San Fran?

Given the recent storms in California, and the flooding and damage, be sure to check Monterey to see if it is still a viable option.  Rumor on a Princess roll call is that this stop is being cancelled temporarily.

Pat

Tonight Below Deck watching and “Cruising with Cocktails.” Tonight was for you Kraken fans. A Kraken Espresso Rumtini.

2E14163A-DAA8-4808-8C49-3B2EEF0A0C92.thumb.jpeg.3683b1ffc7a23c0aeb4e10658e03d487.jpeg

This tasted outstanding.

1 oz Kraken Dark Spiced Rum 

1 oz Coffee Liqueur (Mr. Black or Khalua )

1 oz Espresso

0.5 oz Simple Syrup

3 Coffee Beans for Garnish 

Cheers!

• Like 11

On 1/21/2023 at 2:21 PM, Tree_skier said:

@Jimbo  Glad the flights with Allegiant worked well.  Enjoy your trip.  

I'm expecting great things out of @brillohead and @Ozark_Kid on their joint live on Allure!  

Yesterday was another spectacular day on the slopes.  Being a skier in Central CA means that my local ski options are very limited and snow is generally rubbish.  Yesterday was the first exception in five years up at China Peak.  I have never seen so much snow and such good snow in all my time here.  Yesterday was an absolutely epic day.  The great benefit of skiing in this area is that generally you can expect blue skies almost every single day.

IMG_0452.thumb.jpeg.ed50c2d7a4eb6a6f84744b43c9fe2812.jpeg

I'm boarding Navigator in 9 days... I love my life.  🙂 

On 1/21/2023 at 6:11 PM, Tree_skier said:

They are mirrored. They have a dark tint it you are looking inside out.  From the outside you can't see in.  Mostly they just look cool. I'm not sure there is any other utility beyond that.

Got it. I didn’t realize they were mirrored and it was the reflection of the snow which I didn’t realize what it was. I see them in your avatar and now it makes sense.

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Love you too, Marietta 🥰

The flooding made the news here too, along with a terrorist attack at a synagogue in Jerusalem, killing 7 and wounding 5 .....😢 The bloodshed, on both sides, never ends 😢

Needless loss of life. So sorry.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Love you too, Marietta 🥰

I saw that on breaking news last night and I thought of you and your family straight away Dani.

It is 39°F this morning.

We decided to go out for breakfast.

IMG_20230128_092656.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1