Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No idea why designed this way but we have had some great cabins on deck 6, some with 0 obstruction and some with only minor obstruction where you cannot see straight down to the water.  We actually prefer deck 6 as it's an easy walk to decks 3, 4 or 5.   We like to stay near aft elevator on Anthem.

Can I assume that this will be simular to Ovation?  We booked a guaranteed balcony because of a much better deal than OVB.  I heard most end up on deck 6. 

I was so glad you pointed out the outside dining at Windjammer the last time we were on Ovation.  Nice place. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I gave a question I should know the answer to. 
Any point  in printing Edocs? Aren’t they mostly the contract?

Not necessary.  All you need is your seapass, which you can show on your mobile phone or can be printed as a single page.

49 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yeah, I'm told the Spanish Moss is pretty to look at, but that's about it. Plus, I'm told its considered a weed that is killing the trees? Just repeating what I was told.

I should have clarified, while we stayed in Blufton, the house is close to the causeway to Hilton Head so all pictures , beach and hiking, are from Hilton Head as that is where we spent most of our time.

Sounds like you had a good trip, other than doing the splits.  If you had been posting in real time, I might have prescribed some Kraken.  I'm not a doctor, but I do play one when it comes to alcohol.

I'm not a fan of the Hilton Head beaches.  They're good for walking and bike riding, but too hard packed for much else.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Nasty weather here in the Dallas area.

When we stopped over in Dallas yesterday we could tell it was turning colder.  We made it all the way home about 30 minutes ago . Rain/snow is going to start in about 1 1/2 hours. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not a fan of the Hilton Head beaches.  They're good for walking and bike riding, but too hard packed for much else.

We had our first visit to Hilton Head last summer.  I liked the area enough that I would return but I agree, the beach area we were at was packed hard.  While in the water I stepped on and found several live sand dollars and starfish. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Spanish moss is not parasitic: it is an epiphyte that absorbs nutrients and water through its own leaves from the air and rain falling upon it. While its presence rarely kills the trees on which it grows, it occasionally becomes so thick that, by shading the leaves of the tree, it slows the growth rate of the tree.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Dead trees that are left standing, like a pecan grove in my neighborhood, wind up covered with spanish moss. It didn’t kill them, it took advantage of the empty beaches to attach to. 

Thank you for the clarification. I certainly do not want to be spreading misinformation.  Some one probably told me that it's "not good" for the trees as it may slow the growth rate of the tree if it becomes to thick and I interpreted "not good" as killing the tree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Nasty weather here in the Dallas area.  Winter storm warning until Wednesday 6am.  Today, tomorrow in the 20s, rain, sleet, icy. We're staying in with the hopes we don't have another famous Texas ice storm.  Some schools are closed!  Good weather returns by Sunday, the day we head down to Galveston for our first cruise on Monday in 5 years. 5 night, Adventure OTS.

Sunny & 52 degrees in New York today. 🙂

Enjoy your cruise. When you get on board, it'll be single digit, possible sub-zero temperatures here in NY.  No frozen precipitation though. I think this is the longest into winter where I didn't have to shovel or snow blow at least a few times.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

@BonTexasNYEnjoy your cruise!!!!!

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Sunny & 52 degrees in New York today. 🙂

Enjoy your cruise. When you get on board, it'll be single digit, possible sub-zero temperatures here in NY.  No frozen precipitation though. I think this is the longest into winter where I didn't have to shovel or snow blow at least a few times.

Something just not right about NY temps being warmer than Dallas. I remember snow in April in NY.  At least NY plows quickly.  When I lived in Manhattan, I never saw white snow for more than one day.  It always turned to slush hours later.  Rockland County was magical when it snowed.

Your trip, except for your fall, sounds delightful.  Just what you and your step-daughter needed.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3