Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For 270 there is a secret door...sshh...that we use on other quantum class ships to get to the balcony seating and the computer area where we used to work on laptops with a fabulous view when all curtains are open.

I like 270 Cafe for lunch too.

Us too.
The secret door needs muscles🤣. Used it a lot on the Anthem when cabin was near the aft elevators.

• Like 2

Top Tier was lame compared to O class where they do diving for you. 

Stopped at "The Shop", previously "The Logo Shop" to most of us here. They are out of ship models. This will be my first RCI ship that I have sailed on and won't have a model for. I am bummed about that. 😕 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Would it be a Saturday or a "regular" day during the week? The first thing that comes to my mind, and to DH's as well, is Jerusalem.... 

If he doesn't want to travel (being in a very short layover?) -- then Old Jaffa, with its picturesque lanes and art galleries, as well as the Flea Market.

A very good museum -- the Tel Aviv one.

This is one of the most recommended companies by cruisers who toured Israel -- Guided Tours Israel

https://www.guidedtoursisrael.com/ 

Pls. let me know his preferences, and I'll come back with more options.

Glad for him to have the opportunity to visit 😘

Jerusalem and Old Jaffa came to my mind as well.  I've visited both places on every one of our trips to Israel.  Even living in Israel, you give excellent advice!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I have found in the past that after several great tips to a bartender I like, they will give me lots of attention.

What was the name of this place? I should have told you about Versailles in little Havana. A very famous Cuban restaurant.

We’ve been to Versailles and love it, but our friends wanted to go somewhere we could walk to.  This was Marabu.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So the layout of this ship is pretty easy to get down but it still seems very chopped up compared to V/F/O class ships. But I now feel quite at home. 

I got used to, but never really liked, the layout on Quantum and Ovation.  My engineering brain much prefers the symmetrical layout of the V/F/O classes.  Had the same issue with Serenade.

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Stopped at "The Shop", previously "The Logo Shop" to most of us here. They are out of ship models. This will be my first RCI ship that I have sailed on and won't have a model for. I am bummed about that. 😕 

That would really piss me off.  We also have a model of every ship we've been on.  Maybe you can guilt them into sending one to you when they become available.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@ReneeFLL

Renee, I've "asked around" and was told to check first with Guided Tours Israel, since they're a company "geared towards people who have to 'cram' a lot in a single port day" 😉

GTI also gets 5* reviews in TripAdvisor.

Thanks for the info. I’ll let him know.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Top Tier was lame compared to O class where they do diving for you. 

Maybe ask the Loyalty Ambassador or the Concierge at the DL if they can order one and have shipped to your home

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Jimbo Hope you’re feeling better. 

Starting to feel much better, heading to the airport in a couple hours for  our flight home to Roanoke. We have about an hour drive from Bradenton to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport (PIE), first to return the car rental and then in to check our bags and go through security.

Hoping to be able to watch the NFL NFC Championship  game  with the Eagles against the 49ers which starts at 3pm. We board around 6:30pm.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe ask the Loyalty Ambassador or the Concierge at the DL if they can order one and have shipped to your home

Great thought. I did talk to one of the shop managers. I offered to pay for it and they could ship it whenever they came in. He said he didn't think it could be done but would email someone above him and get back to me. I said if I don't hear from you I'll be looking for you. We talked for probably around 10 minutes. He was being so nice to me that I couldn't get upset with him. 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Saw "The Book" tonight. No clue what it was about. Some interesting affects and tech. Two70 is sort of an odd venue. You sit too close to the action so you have to keep turning your head to take in what is happening. I much prefer the Aqua Theater of the O class. The venue has really odd seating also. And the bartender in there is not very engaging. I have found a bartender in the Schooner Bar that I think I like but he is so busy. However, he makes me better drinks than the guy in Two70.

I just want to  say that I love being at sea. I'm feeling very at peace tonight and it is not alcohol induced. I feel really blessed that I have the ability to make this part of my life... OK, maybe that is a little alcohol induced. 😉

The Book completely befuddled me too...

Cool tech though

• Like 3