Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Luca the amazing cat with my daughter.  Luca hardly ever looks this POd.

image.thumb.jpeg.3eee708bf5cec5f8164c8a47a59d3184.jpeg

The best NJ breakfast at the Tom Thumb Diner, Paramus, NJ

image.thumb.jpeg.77ae8140fb107904ffdb3e003b3b9c94.jpeg

We have friends living in North Bergen.I believe the diner is called Tom Sawyer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I know Tom Sawyer diner very well. Had a many late night, weary dinners there after shopping in Paramus Park mall back in the day. No sales tax on clothing in NJ.  Saved a bundle back when I had to wear suit & tie to the office. 

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I know Tom Sawyer diner very well. Had a many late night, weary dinners there after shopping in Paramus Park mall back in the day. No sales tax on clothing in NJ.  Saved a bundle back when I had to wear suit & tie to the office. 

We had friends living in Paramus.When we lived in Brooklyn we often went to visit them and stopped at the Mall brefore going home.I bought a lot of clothes there years ago.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

What travel plans do “all y’all”  have coming up in the next few months?

Just got back last night from vegas - saw Rod Stewart (amazing show). With tour to Grand Canyon and Hoover dam

june  fly to Charleston, sc.  mom, sister and I drive to Nashville for 3 nights 

September - aruba for 10 nights

november  - jewel for 9 nights repositioning Bayonne to San Juan 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How long is the drive from your home in Pa. to your home in LBI?  I mentioned the Surflight Theater to the girls at Mahjongg the other day,  One of the girls began telling me the history of the Theater, but I told her that I read the entire history since it's inception.  She said her children grew up going to that theater and that's where they developed their love for plays.

In good traffic we can be there in 1 hr 40 mins.   

Yes, lots of history to the theater.  I'm so happy the new owners were able to keep it open.  We almost lost it due to financial troubles a couple years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another day of doing nothing... I'm quite enjoying this feeling of semi-retirement. I'm not, but getting used to the feeling I am. We just moved over from the Lake a ways since there was limited m=number days we could book there.  This new place is on a river and had long term space available.  No direct access for DW's kayaking but she is a short drive away from options.  

Me... I'm doing nothing and enjoying every minute of nothing.  I'm 20 minutes from a decent sized town (Longview, WA) and one hour from downtown Portland.  Not that I plan on going to the hell scape that is now Portland but should I need something only found in town I'm within striking distance. 

Sunset from our last night by the lake...

IMG_1046.thumb.jpeg.1aba0106200761da81f1988064083551.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 25

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I hear ya when in comes to technology comprehension.  Thank goodness for our grandson Jack.  I was having trouble trying to get certain shows on the TV for the past two nights.  Jack to the rescue!  I think it's probably time to get a new Roku for the TV;  while Jack feels it's the Roku that's giving me the problem and not the TV, he told me not to be in such a rush to get a new Roku..lol!  

Maryann, this says it all.  He could be talking to me!

image.jpeg.6ce96809b9cedb9f2c16ceaa010c3c27.jpeg

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Beautiful daughter, Bonnie!  Does Luca not like to get his picture taken?😊

Apparently she doesn't.  At least I think she's a she.  I never asked.  I thought "a" ending words are feminine, but my granddaughter said there is a male Luca in her class.  I just googled and apparently it's not gender specific.  Maybe OB can shed some light?  I'm not even sure of the correct spelling.

21 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Was going to ask the same.  About 15 mins from where we live 

It's a great area. A shopper's paradise.  It took no time at all getting to Paramus from New City in Rockland County where we lived.  Even closer from Tappan before moving to New City.

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have friends living in North Bergen.I believe the diner is called Tom Sawyer.

Yes it is.  I already corrected my mistake.  Glad it was brought up.

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just finished watching this weeks BD sailing.  I didn't see any reason for Daisy to be so upset and in tears.   Hopefully she gets some rest and can decompress.

I sure do dislike Gary's man bun.

Looks like engine issues will resurface next week based on preview.

Edited by Sunshine3601

On 5/7/2023 at 3:01 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

We stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Hawaiin Village.   We just just passed through Hale Koa walking back to the hotel.  We are on Ovation right now.

I know I’m really behind on Dani’s thread, but I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Have you been to Grand Cayman and tried their rum, aged in barrels under the sea?

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/cayman-islands-ocean-aged-rum

We weren’t that impressed but it’s a novelty!

No I have not tried it but I have heard about it. I will put it on my list. Tonight was a Punta Punch with 4 different runs. Boy one made me tipsy!

IMG_1539.thumb.jpeg.7fb39b6a7ea467fa7db89b5b697100bb.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

Just got back last night from vegas - saw Rod Stewart (amazing show). With tour to Grand Canyon and Hoover dam

june  fly to Charleston, sc.  mom, sister and I drive to Nashville for 3 nights 

September - aruba for 10 nights

november  - jewel for 9 nights repositioning Bayonne to San Juan 

Rod Stewart puts on a great show! Does he still have a very sexy wiggle? I saw him probably 45 years ago at the Cow Palace in South San Francisco. 😊

Vacations? We have nothing. We are going to spend another week at the other house for more cleanout. Drugging Bobby the cat and taking him with us. Our plan is to move some of the antiques into the garage and see if they can be sold. 

And ask our paid cleaner to give us an estimate to clean out the sub-basement. There is lots of weird stuff down there. Including a pink Jacuzzi bathtub and a 3-foot wooden sailing ship model in a plexiglass display case. 😲

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Corn seeds came in a few days ago and so far don't see anything coming up so far in the two 45 ft rows.

Do you get good pollination with just two long rows?  My mom always planted her corn in just one or two rows, and I didn't understand until later in life why her corn was always so wimpy -- it didn't get good pollination.  She would have been better off planting the same number of plants in a small block formation instead of long rows.

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have to share my great grandchildren with you. 
My twin granddaughters are hospital RNs. 
Kayla is a Labor and Delivery nurse. She had to work Mother’s Day. She got a message to go down to the lobby, where her husband and sons Ledger and Colton surprised her. 
Her sister Kristina works in a pediatric hospital and also worked Mother’s day. 

Her husband sent her a photo on her phone  of two year old Sage waiting on the stairs for her mother to come home. 

IMG_1038.png

IMG_1040.jpeg

I swear, this thread has the MOST ADORABLE kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids on the internet!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I know I’m really behind on Dani’s thread, but I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

We had a great time and loved meeting up with several from CC. We met some great people who will be friends forever.   This long vacation wore us out but it was worth it.  I never thought this would happen but we have been tossing around the idea of a 4 or 5 day cruise this fall.  Even our cruise friends are thinking short cruise. 

• Like 11

On 5/18/2023 at 3:16 PM, helen haywood said:

I love Springsteen.  However, as I get older I find myself having to consciously ignore his politics and just enjoy the music.  I was impressed when I read recently that Dolly Parton has turned down presidential honors more than once because she wants to remain totally apolitical.  How refreshing!

In a similar vein, do I never watch The Hunt for Red October now that Baldwin annoys me no end?  Even though I bought the movie before his true colors showed?  

I’ve just decided life is too short for these philosophical conundrums…😉

I can ignore a celebrity's politics, but I have trouble ignoring their personal morals.  

A big one for me is Garth Brooks, who not only cheated on his wife, but even wrote and recorded a number-one song about it.  Infidelity is a big no-no for me, so I change the station when a Garth Brooks song comes on.  

• Like 4

On 5/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

He actually does walk back and forth to school while carrying his horn. He prefers to walk with his friends. I bought him a little luggage dolly to wheel the horn on, but after a few weeks he decided it was easier to carry it! 

Has he tried a backpack case to carry the French Horn?  Seems like that would be the most comfortable way to carry that awkwardly disbursed weight.... although if he has a backpack for his school books, too, that might be problematic.  Maybe wear one pack on his front instead?

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Do you get good pollination with just two long rows?  My mom always planted her corn in just one or two rows, and I didn't understand until later in life why her corn was always so wimpy -- it didn't get good pollination.  She would have been better off planting the same number of plants in a small block formation instead of long rows.

Never had a problem  with just 2 long rows,yields very nicely and forms nice size ears.

Buy my corn seeds on e-bay from a guy in Abbeville, Mississippi

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283816927555?var=585337953151

These are pictures from last year.

20220812_105009.jpg

20220812_121828.jpg

20220804_111346.jpg

20220804_102306.jpg

20220804_102335.jpg

20220702_102558.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had a great time and loved meeting up with several from CC. We met some great people who will be friends forever.   This long vacation wore us out but it was worth it.  I never thought this would happen but we have been tossing around the idea of a 4 or 5 day cruise this fall.  Even our cruise friends are thinking short cruise. 

Welcome to my world (short cruise fan) 😇  I don't know why since I have no kids or grandkids to get back to like most of you do.  I decided I just have a short attention span.  After 3 days up in NY with all the family and small children I was ready to get back to my quiet home and dog

Edited by molly361
  • Like 11

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 62°F as we lie on our sunbeds at 13.00pm here in our garden.

We had cheese and ham toasties and fresh strawberries for lunch.

I hope everyone is well and hope you all have a great weekend.

IMG_20230520_131600.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

He actually does walk back and forth to school while carrying his horn. He prefers to walk with his friends. I bought him a little luggage dolly to wheel the horn on, but after a few weeks he decided it was easier to carry it! 

Good thing he doesn't play piano.😁

• Haha 13

12 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Have you been to Grand Cayman and tried their rum, aged in barrels under the sea?

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/cayman-islands-ocean-aged-rum

We weren’t that impressed but it’s a novelty!

Sounds like the idea behind Jefferson's Ocean Bourbon.  They put barrels on ships such that the motion and temperature fluctuations create more complexity in the aged bourbon.  Jefferson's raises the novelty level (and price 😉) by having different "voyages", with some voyages being better tasting and therefore more desirable (and harder to find).  Whether it's a novelty or a real benefit, I like it and always have a bottle in my liquor cabinet.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Ellen, how do u feel? It was "just a cold"? 😘

Just a cold apparently.  I did stop testing after 3 days when I ran out of test kits.  Part of me thinks it was COVID.   Went out to the beach and then for drinks and food yesterday.  Thanks for asking

Edited by molly361
  • Like 12