Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, George C said:

Texas Rangers have a 8-2 lead in 4th, but a great man once said, it ain’t over till. It’s over😁😁

Only need 15 more outs! 😅 

But the Astros have a knack of making dramatic comebacks when their backs are against the wall. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Semi-watching it & checking the score. 

Idk having Verlander pitch on 3 days rest? He's 40 and has been trending down with each start this post season.  0 runs his first game, gave up 2 runs his second game & 4 runs his last game.

Texas has Montgomery in and Eovaldi is warming up in the bullpen.

On 10/22/2023 at 11:16 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Reaching out to my fellow CC friends for some feedback:

We’re thinking of switching our April b2b Voyager with an 11 night November Jewel cruise out of Galveston.

Ports of call on Jewel:  Curacao, Aruba, Cozumel, Grand Cayman.

Ports of call on Voyager:  Usual W. Caribbean itinerary

6 sea days which is a lot but we love them..

11 nights will make us Diamond!

I always wanted to try a Radiance class ship.  Jack isn’t too keen since he likes the Promenade especially the café.

@Jimbo you were on Jewel recently.  How is her condition?  Any negatives?  We’ll be having dinner in the MDR.  Where can we go for a late night snack?

Thoughts anyone?

Like Jack, I prefer ships with a Promenade and skating rink.  Freedom is my fave class overall, with Voyager class being second, and Oasis class coming in third. 

However, given the option between B2B 5-day cruises with (I'm assuming) Cozumel and Costa Maya repeated each cruise, or an 11-day with the different ports, I'd be taking the Jewel cruise in a heartbeat!

I love the southern islands, and not many itineraries include them because you need an extra day to go the extra distance.  

As others have stated, you can get snacks at the Lattetudes coffee shop or the Park Cafe in the Solarium.  The entertainment is a bit more "meh" on the smaller ships, but I don't cruise for the shows, I cruise for the cruise experience.... days at sea, tropical islands, someone else cooking the food and making my bed, etc.  

And the demographic is likely to be very different between the two itineraries.  The 5-days will have younger adults and kids, while the 11-day will have an older demographic.  Since Radiance doesn't have water slides or a Flowrider, people with kids tend to book the bigger ships.  And most people who are working can't get away long enough for an 11-day vacation, so more of the passengers are retired on the longer cruises. 

Just my .02. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

You might like Dr Leo Galland's book (pretty old) Superimmunity for Kids. A friend of mine was able to help her grandson a great deal.

Thank you so much, I will definitely get it.

It's the constant reading of ingredients that it wearing.  For instance the egg white in vegetarian sausages or a potato snack I've got before changed their recipe to include pea protein. Luckily I saw the changed recipe sticker before giving to him.

Legumes, dairy and eggs are some of his allergies 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@Jimbo

Sorry for the Phillies loss.  Definitely did not see that coming, especially after they won the first 2 games.

Tonight's the night, do or die.

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I am more of a "Anybody But The Astro's" fan. 😁.  Ironically, when my step daughter lived in Houston, the Astro's were my 2nd favorite team.  But then they routinely started beating the Yankees in the playoffs and she moved back to NY so....

Plus, there are a couple of ex-Yankee players on the Tex Rangers - Jordan Montgomery, Nathan Eovaldi, and Aroldris Chapman.  The first 2, the Yankee never should have let go while Chapman - that's the worst nightmare to see him pitching against the Astro's in a save situation. They have his number.

You forgot my biggest reason not to like them, the entire garbage can fiasco from a few years ago.

Edit: and Altuve, how could I forget him.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Good morning from Sydney. 

IMG_5705.thumb.jpeg.075d3bb8d6b5ed371583fbf0619e2a5c.jpeg

IMG_5703.thumb.jpeg.08a3ad3ef6c6d7901e0bc91d9f06c9dd.jpeg

You had me really confused for a minute. I am thinking there no big fiddle in Sydney and I don’t recognise that building…🇦🇺

Had to Google it & also remembered DS said there is a Sydney, Nova Scotia.  Hope you have a nice day there today 🇨🇦

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@Jimbo

Sorry for the Phillies loss.  Definitely did not see that coming, especially after they won the first 2 games.

There is still hope, Game 7 tonight. Game 6 wasn't as nerve racking as you would think because I always knew we had game 7  to look forward to if we didn't win last night.

Must get the lead in the beginning of the game to put the pressure on the Diamondbacks, that the key thing to do tonight!!

All hands on tonight, just don't want to see Kimbrel or Kerkering pitching.

They also are saying Wheeler might even be able tonight for a few innings late in the game(Maybe our New closer for tonight) 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Like Jack, I prefer ships with a Promenade and skating rink.  Freedom is my fave class overall, with Voyager class being second, and Oasis class coming in third. 

However, given the option between B2B 5-day cruises with (I'm assuming) Cozumel and Costa Maya repeated each cruise, or an 11-day with the different ports, I'd be taking the Jewel cruise in a heartbeat!

I love the southern islands, and not many itineraries include them because you need an extra day to go the extra distance.  

As others have stated, you can get snacks at the Lattetudes coffee shop or the Park Cafe in the Solarium.  The entertainment is a bit more "meh" on the smaller ships, but I don't cruise for the shows, I cruise for the cruise experience.... days at sea, tropical islands, someone else cooking the food and making my bed, etc.  

And the demographic is likely to be very different between the two itineraries.  The 5-days will have younger adults and kids, while the 11-day will have an older demographic.  Since Radiance doesn't have water slides or a Flowrider, people with kids tend to book the bigger ships.  And most people who are working can't get away long enough for an 11-day vacation, so more of the passengers are retired on the longer cruises. 

Just my .02. 

l appreciate your .02.  However, we're sticking with our Voyager b2b.  My fault.  I gave Ken the wrong cruise date.  Pays to have an aware TA.  He advised me that I gave him the date for a 10 night cruise. He knows I need 11 more points to make diamond. My bad!  Big difference in price.  

15 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Well, it’s a bit early, but I just took this.

IMG_0102.jpeg

Stay warm and dry!  I remember when it snowed in NYC in April, more than once.

Here in TX we get hail, tornadoes, ice storms but very little snow.

😏

• Like 7

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just my .02. 

double

Just back from our 16 night Radiance Panama Canal cruise.  Despite missing Cabo and spending 6 days at sea from San Diego to Costa Rica and getting some nasty upper respiratory bug we had a great time. The weather was great, food much improved over July and the entertainment was very good. DH has always hesitated when we talked about booking a cruise with more than 3 sea days in a row.  This won him over so I’ll be watching for some transatlantic/transpacific now.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Just back from our 16 night Radiance Panama Canal cruise.  Despite missing Cabo and spending 6 days at sea from San Diego to Costa Rica and getting some nasty upper respiratory bug we had a great time. The weather was great, food much improved over July and the entertainment was very good. DH has always hesitated when we talked about booking a cruise with more than 3 sea days in a row.  This won him over so I’ll be watching for some transatlantic/transpacific now.

Did you take a Covid test? Wasn't Cabo an overnight stay? Bad weather prevented tendering? or something else?

So how many port days did you end up with out of the 16  nights?

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Did you take a Covid test? Wasn't Cabo an overnight stay? Bad weather prevented tendering? or something else?

Does it matter if she had covid or some other pathogen causing the problem?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes we tested ourselves for covid and both were negative. No fever. By week 2 whoever brought it on board had spread it and there was lots of deep coughing heard all over the ship.  It’s some bug going around on land as well.  We felt fine although we spent one day in the cabin when our cough was the worst. My ears did not like the flight home. This bug was much worst than our last episode of covid which was like a light cold.  

Due to hurricane Lidia off of Mexico we missed our overnight in Cabo.  The captain took us way out into the Pacific and around the storm where we had good weather but some rocky seas. So we boarded on Saturday and didn’t get off until the following Saturday in Costa Rica.  

Costa Rica was was good until about 3:30 when the rain came. Our bus was flying through flooded streets and and around a small landslide on the road. We got back at 6 p.m. and the bus behind us by 10 min didn’t get back until 2 hours later. There was more landslide and a tree down just behind us. All aboard was 9:30 and I think the last came in at 10:15. ( I got nervous when all that water was running off the hills into the road. I woke DH up, we put our seat belts on and I Marco Polo’d the kids just in case.  It was a wild ride back.) 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There is still hope, Game 7 tonight. Game 6 wasn't as nerve racking as you would think because I always knew we had game 7  to look forward to if we didn't win last night.

Must get the lead in the beginning of the game to put the pressure on the Diamondbacks, that the key thing to do tonight!!

All hands on tonight, just don't want to see Kimbrel or Kerkering pitching.

They also are saying Wheeler might even be able tonight for a few innings late in the game(Maybe our New closer for tonight) 🙂

GO PHILLIES!!

• Like 2