Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You had me really confused for a minute. I am thinking there no big fiddle in Sydney and I don’t recognise that building…🇦🇺

Had to Google it & also remembered DS said there is a Sydney, Nova Scotia.  Hope you have a nice day there today 🇨🇦

There are a lot of streets in my part of NY named Sydney.I have no idea why.There is also a Sidney,NY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Just back from our 16 night Radiance Panama Canal cruise.  Despite missing Cabo and spending 6 days at sea from San Diego to Costa Rica and getting some nasty upper respiratory bug we had a great time. The weather was great, food much improved over July and the entertainment was very good. DH has always hesitated when we talked about booking a cruise with more than 3 sea days in a row.  This won him over so I’ll be watching for some transatlantic/transpacific now.

I hope you're feeling better!  I love sea days.  We were at sea 5 days from Hawaii to Ensenada.  So relaxing!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Just back from our 16 night Radiance Panama Canal cruise.  Despite missing Cabo and spending 6 days at sea from San Diego to Costa Rica and getting some nasty upper respiratory bug we had a great time. The weather was great, food much improved over July and the entertainment was very good. DH has always hesitated when we talked about booking a cruise with more than 3 sea days in a row.  This won him over so I’ll be watching for some transatlantic/transpacific now.

Currently following a couple who are on the Quantum transpacific from Hawaii to Brisbane.  It’s one that has always appealed but 10 sea days is too much & I always seem to develop a cold/cough on day 8 of a cruise.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You had me really confused for a minute. I am thinking there no big fiddle in Sydney and I don’t recognise that building…🇦🇺

Had to Google it & also remembered DS said there is a Sydney, Nova Scotia.  Hope you have a nice day there today 🇨🇦

We had a great day!  We rented a car and drove part of the Cabot Trail. Cool weather but perfect for us. Will have to come back again when we can go all the way around. 

IMG_5736.thumb.jpeg.0ebcf3860cdd86db3994012b7af64dc3.jpeg

IMG_5718.thumb.jpeg.64e1867d35b5ee40ab387585415fbde3.jpeg

• Like 17

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

There are a lot of streets in my part of NY named Sydney.I have no idea why.There is also a Sidney,NY

And a Sidney, OH.  It's not far from Lima, OH, which is pronounced like the bean, not the capital city of Peru.  Credit goes to me if you happen to successfully use this info in a trivia contest. 

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

And a Sidney, OH.  It's not far from Lima, OH, which is pronounced like the bean, not the capital city of Peru.  Credit goes to me if you happen to successfully use this info in a trivia contest. 

This post made me smile. My grandmother who passed away 27 years ago was born in Lima, OH. Hadn’t heard that in years.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Walked around the bike trail at Rockland Lake NY today. It is a pretty spot.  Some pics...

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Relaxing pictures of a place that brings back sweet memories of many walks around that lake.

Same here. And I was there about a week ago.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just googled Sidney cities in the US .There are 15.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had a great day!  We rented a car and drove part of the Cabot Trail. Cool weather but perfect for us. Will have to come back again when we can go all the way around. 

IMG_5736.thumb.jpeg.0ebcf3860cdd86db3994012b7af64dc3.jpeg

IMG_5718.thumb.jpeg.64e1867d35b5ee40ab387585415fbde3.jpeg

You should . We rented a car in Halifax and drove around Cape Breton and then hired a driver for the Cabot Trail . We ended up in Sydney , returned the car at the airport , and flew home from there. It is a beautiful drive. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3

@aussielozzie18 I had a curious question the other evening. I know you are a bird lover. You have posted photos of the Cockatoos and the Lorikeets, which we saw while we there. 

I know cockatiels are originally from Australia. Are they in the wild there? They are in the pet trade here. Polly came to us as a young bird when he climbed into the tackle box, while we were fishing at a local lake. No one claimed him, and we had him for 19 years. 

I just wondered if there are flocks of cockatiels? 

Polly.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's a shame they lost their overnight because of the storm but sounds like they had a great cruise with some nice weather despite the storm.

I was bummed we did not go to Cabo as it was the second time I missed this port.  First time was during the Swine Flu.   The Panama Canal cruise was all I envisioned it would be.  Enjoyed myself to the fullest.  We booked a Royal Excursion in Costa Rica, but was back to the port by 2:30 and felt really bad for the buses that had great difficulty getting back to the ship.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Same here. And I was there about a week ago.

I know it's a special place for you and your family.  Funny, I've been in TX for 20 years but all it takes is a picture or some words about a place I know so well to bring me back home again.

Something happened to me that I must share.  Today was my weekly card game and a Southern lady who sat next to me asked where I was from.  A new player and I thought how nice to get to know one another. I proudly said "NY" and she said "Oh, I'm sorry".  No smile, no smirk. No kidding.  I saw red and I quickly responded "well bless your little heart" which down here can be seen as a compliment dipped in venom.  The nerve AND she's a lousy card player!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

53 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I know it's a special place for you and your family.  Funny, I've been in TX for 20 years but all it takes is a picture or some words about a place I know so well to bring me back home again.

Something happened to me that I must share.  Today was my weekly card game and a Southern lady who sat next to me asked where I was from.  A new player and I thought how nice to get to know one another. I proudly said "NY" and she said "Oh, I'm sorry".  No smile, no smirk. No kidding.  I saw red and I quickly responded "well bless your little heart" which down here can be seen as a compliment dipped in venom.  The nerve AND she's a lousy card player!

Maybe she meant she’s sorry about 9/11 .  There’s someone on here that has belittled, criticized and insulted my ethnic background twice . I’ve not said anything because I think it comes from ignorance. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 8