Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

For all of you sailing Celebrity Beyond next year, as we are, yesterday I learned that their Black Friday sale had started. I've had 3 excursions and the wifi package in my cart for months now, but the sale prices were significantly lower, so I finally completed the purchase. The wifi was 50% off. 

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think most people get the context that sometimes a "like" button is really more of a "acknowledgement" button when it comes to bad or sad news, as in I acknowledge (feel) your pain.

Well said, H., exactly my thoughts. Sometimes, when the news are really bad, I'm using the "thanks" button....

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Thanks everybody for your kind words about Joebob passing, love this thread which is super pet friendly. Totally strange waking up in a house without a cat .

I’m not sure I’d ever wake up if we didn’t have Minnie, AKA The Alarm Clock.  She starts around 7:30…hoping for early breakfast.  When I don’t get up she makes a lap around me…over my pillow, over my waist…philosophically curling up behind my knees.  Second attempt at 8…nudging my hand…. Sometimes she’s forced to make several more attempts…I’m not a morning person…

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

For all of you sailing Celebrity Beyond next year, as we are, yesterday I learned that their Black Friday sale had started. I've had 3 excursions and the wifi package in my cart for months now, but the sale prices were significantly lower, so I finally completed the purchase. The wifi was 50% off. 

I noted that yesterday and changed a lot of reservations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently the magical gold dust was unleashed last night.

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

The TS thread still exists but the Allure cabin thread appears to be no more. I didn’t get past the “news” article when I saw who shared it. 

The sharer of Allure cabin thread sure likes to get the pot stirring & then disappear. Well, just sitting quietly in shadows while people have "spirited" debated about fair compensation & making assumptions. 

I tried to build upon @Ocean Boy "My Cousin Vinny" post & take the thread in a different direction. Probably what got the thread deleted.

That's my my contribution to keeping the forum sane.😅 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I didn’t realize I live in the red zone.   Everyone talks about celebrating the season this time of year.  Not sure if this is the season they are talking about. 

IMG_6463.thumb.jpeg.621561201186c22917de604daa0904a2.jpeg

Are the red zones numbered by rank? If so, it makes sense that Florida has both #1 & #2 if the stories I hear about The Villages are true. 😀

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 10

Tomorrow will be an interesting day in my house.

A friend in HS who I last saw on graduation day 62 plus years ago is coming with his wife to visit my wife and I .They are in NY visiting relatives.

Later in the day my granddaughter will be in our house .She is flying in from college for the Thanksgiving holiday and will stop off here on her way home.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am so far behind, that I am going to try and catch up this morning.  Sorry if I miss anyone.

@dani negreanu Dani, I was so sorry to read about Anthony.  I am thinking of you and what is going on, and am glad to see you are still posting. 

@Ocean Boy Ocean Boy, remind me again what is in your Odyssey cocktail.  It looks good.

@taznremmy  Pat, sorry to see that picture of your knee all wrapped, from your mishap on your Hawaii cruise.  Hope it is not too bad by the time you get back to SF.

@HBE4 Sorry to read it is the 1 year anniversary of the passing of your wife.  And, @molly361, sorry to see it is 2 years since the passing of your husband.   Strength to both of you. 

@George C Sorry to read about Joebob. 

@A&L_Ont congratulations to Owen for his academic excellence.  It is always great to see the kids do well.

ok, I think I am caught up now. 

The Odyssey... very quick and easy to make.

Bacardi Gold Rum (sometimes I use Kraken)

3/4 Orange juice

1/4 Ocean Spray combo Cranberry/Mango juice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Are the red zones numbered by rank? If so, it makes sense that Florida has both #1 & #2 if the stories I hear about The Villages are true. 😀

Yes, that is ranked, with Miami, Orlando, and Tampa called out for Florida.  I guess that the Villages are close enough to Orlando to make the list.  Either that, or there are things going on in the Magic Kingdom they don’t want us to know about. 

I thought it was interesting that California appeared underrepresented.  The article said most people would assume that California cities such as Los Angeles and San Francisco would be prominent, but claimed adulterous behavior is normalized in the Golden State.   Oftentimes people want to equate the California lifestyle with a lack of morals and ethics.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:01 AM, Sea Dog said:

Interestibg that they did it in a peated whisky cask. I’ll have to look for it. How did you like Esotico?

We always like going there. Cool place and the food is good.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:34 AM, helen haywood said:

…As a retired pilot my DH is always commenting on wildly improbable scenarios involving planes in movies or TV…

Mike is the same way. Sometimes I just have to tell him it’s just a show.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow will be an interesting day in my house.

A friend in HS who I last saw on graduation day 62 plus years ago is coming with his wife to visit my wife and I .They are in NY visiting relatives.

Later in the day my granddaughter will be in our house .She is flying in from college for the Thanksgiving holiday and will stop off here on her way home.

Enjoy your visitors, Lenny, very cool!  It will also be so good to see your granddaughter as well!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So last night instead of driving home from babysitting in Oxford Ohio. My son in law treated me to a field pass with access to everything at the stadium at the Miami of Ohio vs. Buffalo season football game. 

IMG_2688.thumb.jpeg.caf5dcc3dfd2949ee21d0ed752778dd4.jpeg

So I bundled up in my warm clothes

IMG_2694.thumb.png.cc5d70ae56b9ef6124f0d346e865a144.png

and with my daughter Christina and granddaughter Zoey we headed off. 

IMG_2693.thumb.jpeg.03f576a751bf640eb71d2d8f3f931a11.jpeg

Did I say it was cold. Well it was. 

Now much was on the line and if Miami won they clinched the east conference and are playing for the championship in Detroit in December. 

Well:

IMG_2698.thumb.png.dd2a577e09de7dc36f37bb3bb0b2806d.png

Already have our tickets and hotel reservations. 

Went to bed at 2am. Drove home this morning left there at 4am. 

Yup. A tad tired after 2 hours sleep. 

Taking a Power Nap before my 11:00 am. Appointment. 

Be safe. 

Verry cool!  Congrats to your team.  Where are you staying in Detroit? 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

New England doesn't even make the map. It's too damn cold up here in winter to take your clothes off.

• Haha 21

On 11/12/2023 at 10:34 AM, helen haywood said:

@brillohead 

As a retired pilot my DH is always commenting on wildly improbable scenarios involving planes in movies or TV…

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Mike is the same way. Sometimes I just have to tell him it’s just a show.

You mean "Airplane" was not a realistic movie?🤔

• Haha 14

4 hours ago, George C said:

Totally strange waking up in a house without a cat .

It is hard to get used to. We lost Gray Kitty almost 2 years ago and then Bobby in September. Bobby became a lot more interactive and talkative after Gray was gone. I swear that I still hear him jumping up on the nightstand in the morning to get us up or see him out of the corner of my eye. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So last night instead of driving home from babysitting in Oxford Ohio. My son in law treated me to a field pass with access to everything at the stadium at the Miami of Ohio vs. Buffalo season football game. 

IMG_2688.thumb.jpeg.caf5dcc3dfd2949ee21d0ed752778dd4.jpeg

So I bundled up in my warm clothes

IMG_2694.thumb.png.cc5d70ae56b9ef6124f0d346e865a144.png

and with my daughter Christina and granddaughter Zoey we headed off. 

IMG_2693.thumb.jpeg.03f576a751bf640eb71d2d8f3f931a11.jpeg

Did I say it was cold. Well it was. 

Now much was on the line and if Miami won they clinched the east conference and are playing for the championship in Detroit in December. 

Well:

IMG_2698.thumb.png.dd2a577e09de7dc36f37bb3bb0b2806d.png

Already have our tickets and hotel reservations. 

Went to bed at 2am. Drove home this morning left there at 4am. 

Yup. A tad tired after 2 hours sleep. 

Taking a Power Nap before my 11:00 am. Appointment. 

Be safe. 

And Sue they will playing my son's Alma Mater, the Toledo Rockets, who are 10-1.  Unfortunately we will not be able to go.  We did go several years ago when they played and won, I think defeating Miami of Ohio.  Have a great time in Detroit!

• Like 3