Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I had low expectations for Better Call Saul as spin-offs usually disappoint. But I really liked the character & the actor so I gave it a shot. Took me a awhile to warm up to it as it can be a bit slow-moving at times but by season 2, I was hooked as well.  Love that we get to see a few other of our favorite  Breaking Bad characters in their pre-Breaking Bad lives. Very interesting to see Jimmy McGills slow transformation into Saul Goodman (It'sss Allll Good Man).  

I have really enjoyed Better Caul Saul.    I have to watch the very last episode.   

Has anyone seen the pictures of Ft. Myers and Orlando on CNN? Looks like a bomb hit Ft. Myers, the houses are unrepairable. A really horrifying sight.

Lots of water rescues in Orlando now, that far inland with flooding problems.

Edited by Jimbo

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've been recording the games as well & then fast forwarding them to watch Judge's at-bats. I almost didn't record last night as I got home late.  Glad I did.

#62 will be the big one. Hope he does it at the Stadium this weekend too. I wish I could go but have other plans for this weekend. It was electric last week when I attended 2 games as he was trying to tie Maris record. Every time Judge had an at-bat, the crowd would get deafening loud & then totally silent just as the pitcher was about throw. Surreal.

I was at opening day in 1978 , it was the first time Roger Maris was in Yankee stadium since he was traded over ten years ago. Mickey Mantle was with him and they drove around the stadium in a golf cart to huge applause. They also gave everyone a Reggie bar , in first inning Reggie Jackson hit a three run home run and thousand of Reggie bars were thrown on the field , they had to stop play to pick them all up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Has anyone seen the pictures of Ft. Myers and Orlando on CNN? Looks like a bomb hit Ft. Myers, the houses are unrepairable. A really horrifying sight.

Lots of water rescues in Orlando now, that far inland with flood problems.

My brother and niece were in Ft Myer, his house was a block from the river . Trying to see if they are ok.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That is horrible to hear.    God bless all those impacted by this storm.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We just started watching Better Call Saul and I downloaded the first 3 seasons on Netflix before we left home. We’re into season 2 now and are hooked. I’ll download another season for the crossing. 

Disappointing about YouTube TV. I thought the same things as you. Now I know.

Better Call Saul is so good. You are going to love it. Really gets going in season 2 and 3.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Disappointing about YouTube TV. I thought the same things as you. Now I know.

Better Call Saul is so good. You are going to love it. Really gets going in season 2 and 3.

I just finished Breaking Bad , will definitely start Better Call Saul soon. 

• Like 2

Glad @John&LaLa is back and glad so far none of our CC friends have  experienced terrible hardships yet.  

@bobmacliberty I have found that using is a VPN a good way of getting around geographical restrictions for streaming services.  I have never used it for YoutubeTV but found it worked great with Netflix and Peacock's premium service.  

Yesterday was another beat the heat day.  For those who are unfamiliar, for my work we spend most of our time traveling and much of that is in our 5th wheel. Large 5th wheels, no matter how well built, are not well insulated and at temps above 95° the 2 AC's just can't keep up.

So in order beat the heat, DW and I decided to make it a beach day and drove to Santa Monica to walk the pier, have lunch at Bubba Gump's and then relax on the beach.  

The pier was a lot busier than I expected for a Wednesday.  Lunch was good and the temps were perfect.  While it was just over 100° where we have our 5th wheel parked it was a comfortable 77° at the beach.

IMG_2500.thumb.PNG.28fa082466b6a59b54f886c50542ce11.PNG

IMG_2533.thumb.jpeg.2406b87cc648cb8aa3e8b37b5e24f250.jpeg

IMG_2503.thumb.jpeg.7fe8b7426e805c5d59bbd7f48cde8e1d.jpeg

https://rumble.com/v1m0st4-beach-day-at-santa-monica.html

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 17

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Does she let you rub her belly? It looks so soft. Some of my cats have liked belly rubs, some not so much.

Yes, she does... most of the time. Occasionally she will grab my arm with her two front paws to let me know she is not in the mood.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Does she let you rub her belly? It looks so soft. Some of my cats have liked belly rubs, some not so much.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, she does... most of the time. Occasionally she will grab my arm with her two front paws to let me know she is not in the mood.

My cat would  fight you and run away if you tried to rub his belly.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Words just can't describe the amount of damage. Bridges to some of the barrier islands wiped out. Shoulder high flood waters in the streets. The Cajun Navy is at work rescuing people trapped in cars, on their roofs, etc.  Some really heart-warming stories out there amid the devastation.

I'm surprised Orlando doesn't flood more often, since it's essentially built on top of a swamp.

38 minutes ago, George C said:

My brother and niece were in Ft Myer, his house was a block from the river . Trying to see if they are ok.

I have several friends that live up the road in Venice Beach. Trying to find out of they are okay as well.

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is horrible to hear.    God bless all those impacted by this storm.

One thing I haven't heard much about is causalities.  The NY Post is known for their sensationalist, tabloid journalism but they are already reporting hundreds.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/29/hundreds-confirmed-dead-from-hurricane-ian-sheriff/

It might be many days before we know the true number.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

On 9/28/2022 at 7:50 AM, molly361 said:

Thanks  He's probably cursing at me.  I broke his Chimera trying to roll it out of the direct line to the patio doors.  I never did like it too much  OOPS

Molly, have you ever eaten at Boston’s Fish House? It’s on Highway 44 where it turns right and becomes Atlantic Ave. 

New England  seafood flown  in daily including steamer clams and great lobster rolls. 
cheaper than a Canada New England cruise!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

That was a great one.

They all were.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Classic.

I crack up every time I've seen it. Or think about it. Like now.😄

I loved when Ted was handed a sheet of paper and he read on the air "I've just been handed this late breaking story.  You have something on your front tooth" I must have seen that a bajillion times in re-runs but it always makes me laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I was about to post the same thing! As the car was newly purchased & Nate just recently sold one of his super cars.....But wrong brand (I think) and definitely wrong color.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

61 years since 61. Aaron Judge has written his name alongside Roger Maris in baseball's record books.

Not nearly as news-worthy but still somewhat significant, last night Gerrit Cole also tied the record for the most strikeouts in a single season by a Yankee pitcher.  Also has the most strikeouts of any pitcher this season at 248.   While that is impressive, considering the many great Yankee pitchers over the years, it's also surprisingly not as many as I would have thought as Cole lead the league in strikeouts with 326 as recently as 2019.  The overall modern record was set in 1973 - 383 - by "The Ryan Express" (Nolan Ryan)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

If you could pick only one favorite TV show, just one, past or present, which would it be?

Mine is M*A*S*H

"Gilligan's Island".

No, just kidding. Used to be "Seinfeld"  but in recent years, I'd go with "Frasier", with "The Walking Dead"  and "Breaking Bad" being a close runner-ups.

• Like 3

We were lucky in Tampa. Lost power for about 12 hours and had about an hour of yard clean up this morning.

I grew up in Ft Myers and still have family and friends in the area. My daughter was able to get back to her apartment this morning after the water had gone down. Cars had floated away and the first floor had a lot of water damage. It looked like she was living on the beach. Luckily she is on the 2nd floor so no damage. 

A co workers car was washed away and landed in a pile with a few others at their hospital.

My brother and niece both have homes on the islands near by. My brother in St James City and niece on Captiva. They evacuated but have seen videos and heard from neighbors that stayed and my brother lost everything and my niece has some damage.

A High school friend posted a picture of his house full of 4 ft of water. Total loss.

Contact is very minimal and the last I heard from my daughter was she is happy to be going back to work for the AC, ice and power.

I'm just happy that it's over and everyone is ok. All of the possessions can be replaced.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I’ve seen them. It’s terrible.

48 minutes ago, George C said:

Just heard my brother and niece and there families are fine , no real damage to niece house , my brother had 2 ft of water thru his house . Plus some roof damage.

Sorry to hear about your brothers house.

22 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We were lucky in Tampa. Lost power for about 12 hours and had about an hour of yard clean up this morning.

I grew up in Ft Myers and still have family and friends in the area. My daughter was able to get back to her apartment this morning after the water had gone down. Cars had floated away and the first floor had a lot of water damage. It looked like she was living on the beach. Luckily she is on the 2nd floor so no damage. 

A co workers car was washed away and landed in a pile with a few others at their hospital.

My brother and niece both have homes on the islands near by. My brother in St James City and niece on Captiva. They evacuated but have seen videos and heard from neighbors that stayed and my brother lost everything and my niece has some damage.

A High school friend posted a picture of his house full of 4 ft of water. Total loss.

Contact is very minimal and the last I heard from my daughter was she is happy to be going back to work for the AC, ice and power.

I'm just happy that it's over and everyone is ok. All of the possessions can be replaced.

Sorry to hear about your brothers loss and your niece’s damage.

• Like 4