Masks probably required

51 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Again, wearing a mask doesn’t protect me. It would protect you from me, if I wore one. It doesn’t sound like you give a hoot for your fellow cruisers. 

Thank you. Many don't realize that

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It was 83 F (28 C) in this part of Canada Saturday.  I don't know what snow in May feels like.  I have always lived in the good part of Canada 🙂 

I'm very fond of Vancouver, been there many a times due to family living there. And BC does 100% grow the best pot, hopefully one day it will be allowed onboard a cruise ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you were given the all clear.

Just stitches. I sliced the heal of my hand open and needed 20 stitches. No playing the drums or riding my motorcycle for awhile. I can still pull the cork out of a bottle of wine and open a bottle of beer. 😉🍷🍻

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Again, wearing a mask doesn’t protect me. It would protect you from me, if I wore one. It doesn’t sound like you give a hoot for your fellow cruisers. 

If you are that worried about other people being around you, I don't think a cruise ship is a good place for you to go. I am not worried about you wearing a mask.

Edited by L454S
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just stitches. I sliced the heal of my hand open and needed 20 stitches. No playing the drums or riding my motorcycle for awhile. I can still pull the cork out of a bottle of wine and open a bottle of beer. 😉🍷🍻

Sounds nasty.

Good news that it doesn't prevent you from opening your wine and beer.

🍺🍾👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, L454S said:

If you are that worried about other people being around you, I don't think a cruise ship is a good place for you to go.

And if you’re not willing to go by the “new” rules, it wouldn’t be a good place for you either.  It remains to be seen what those new rules might be. 

I don’t think most of us would like sailing with a required mask. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And if you’re not willing to go by the “new” rules, it wouldn’t be a good place for you either.  It remains to be seen what those new rules might be. 

I don’t think most of us would like sailing with a required mask. 

It's not a question of liking it, I would not do it. I don't think germs and viruses can be avoided in a cruise ship environment. It might make some feel a bit better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L454S said:

It's not a question of liking it, I would not do it. I don't think germs and viruses can be avoided in a cruise ship environment. It might make some feel a bit better.

It's not a question of liking wearing a mask, it's if it's a requirement RC actually enforces. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meadowlander said:

For a loyal informed fox news follower, you are taking this hoax seriously.🤔

I’m not sure I would say that but it has more to do with not not watching most the other channels out there. NONE report news any longer. Just give their opinions. And that includes FOX. Some channels are just outright disgusting. 

In my opinion 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

It's not a question of liking wearing a mask, it's if it's a requirement RC actually enforces. 

I believe when cruising is permitted again the mask wearing requirements will be gone already. Hoe long do people expect to run around withs masks?

4 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I believe when cruising is permitted again the mask wearing requirements will be gone already. Hoe long do people expect to run around withs masks?

I don't wear a mask unless required to.  What you believe and what the cruise and air lines actually do is two different things. Time will tell. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KsucAts said:

Wasn't that one of the early estimates before so many people have been discovered to have had the virus with no symptoms?  I think once those numbers are factored in, the number is closer to .1% or less.  

Even more of a reason not to destroy the economy.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

What's considered an acceptable death rate?

10,000 people died in drunk driving accidents last year. That is out of 225 million licensed drivers. Is that an acceptable rate?

What happens if someone survives that accident but dies of a heart attack on the way to the hospital. A heart attack that would not have happened if it were not for the accident. Does that death show up in the DWI stats? 

We only know what we know.  1.3 million cases and 80,000 deaths. Untold number of unreported cases and deaths. Everything else is pure speculation.

If it were 20k or 30k or even 50k would everyone be required to stop driving and get rid of their cars? That's the point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thank you. Many people just don't seem to comprehend that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

If it were 20k or 30k or even 50k would everyone be required to stop driving and get rid of their cars? That's the point.

In Canada more people under 40 will die from hitting a moose with their car than will die from the C-virus.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Thank you. Many people just don't seem to comprehend that.

Well, I’ve done the best I can. This is an actual picture of me...making do with what I could find at home....heading out in early April on an errand.

237470EF-FF6E-4218-806C-E612EDBAF4F5.jpeg.3d77974a78287f57c764610a7bd63589.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

In Canada more people under 40 will die from hitting a moose with their car than will die from the C-virus.

Makes sense. There are more moose than people in Canada.😉

• Haha 2