Masks probably required

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Maybe it's because we go shopping more often or we abandoned our practice of buying certain items only when they are on sale, but staying at home is becoming really  expensive. 

Interesting.  For us it's the opposite, because we aren't eating out, and therefore saving a lot of money.  We're also losing weight for the same reason.

5 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Interesting.  For us it's the opposite, because we aren't eating out, and therefore saving a lot of money.  We're also losing weight for the same reason.

Same here. We usually go out to eat at least 3 times a week and to the movies twice a month. Currently I use more gas for my yard equipment then I do for my vehicles. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Same here. We usually go out to eat at least 3 times a week and to the movies twice a month. Currently I use more gas for my yard equipment then I do for my vehicles. 

CC bill is a third of what it usually is.

I am now the weight I was at 17 nearly 46 years ago.

I'm making room for when I get back into a DL.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

We used to get home late from the office and eat a light dinner. Now we are working  from home, the dining room is our home office, mere feet from the kitchen, hence we are eating a lot more real meals. And our sleep schedules are out of whack so we are staying up later and snacking.

Although, as you pointed out, our weekend going out budget is non-existent so it should more than make up for the higher grocery bills.

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Currently I use more gas for my yard equipment then I do for my vehicles. 

Lol. I have 2 cars that used to get filled up every  4-5 days. I haven't been to a gas station since mid-March. Maybe this week.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

CC bill is a third of what it usually is.

Same here. In fact, due to cancelling a trip to Las Vegas and California and a few cancelled concerts, I have a very healthy  credit on my credit card.  I don't ever recall seeing a balance with a negative sign.

Unfortunately  it was my RC  Visa card so I lost valuable points. 😐

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

The gym had now been closed for two months. The only weight I'm losing is lean body mass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2020 at 12:48 PM, retiredgram said:

So how are we going to eat and drink??

14 minutes ago, TigerLady said:

LOL    I guess we don't..

So now we can stop discussing the future of the Windjammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

We are gaining weight. When we were working we only at 2 meals a day and on bad days only dinner. In the beginning we were eating 3 meals and snacking in between. We are back to 2 meals and less snacking. Those first weeks were like being on vacation. I going to skip food shopping this week. We have enough to get by. I just don’t want to go out on a hunt again. DW has been working from home and hasn’t left the house in a month.  She actually is missing her commute. I told here to jump in the car and go for a ride before work. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

We are gaining weight. When we were working we only at 2 meals a day and on bad days only dinner. In the beginning we were eating 3 meals and snacking in between. We are back to 2 meals and less snacking. Those first weeks were like being on vacation.

Ditto.

I've been saying it's like a 2 month long snow day. We even got a dusting of snow Saturday morning, when the normal temp should be between 50 (low) and 70 (high). 

Is this what living in Canada feels like? 😉

• Thanks 1

Just now, HBE4 said:

Ditto.

I've been saying it's like a 2 month long snow day. We even got a dusting of snow Saturday morning, when the normal temp should be between 50 (low) and 70 (high). 

We had snow as well. It was warmer in March. The heat has been running. 

When SC closed the restaurants, our Club started a nightly delivery service of dinner. We felt it was important to support the Club and the great people who work there, so suddenly we were having huge 3-4 course meals every other night. 

The good news is the Club hasn’t furloughed anyone...not even the wait staff.

The bad news...we are fat. 🐷 

The reports of breaks in the food chain have resulted in my feverish online searches for stuff that has oddly disappeared. My three main quests have been Diet Tonic, yeast, and a new bread machine.

I was waitlisted all over the Internet for the tonic...they would take the order but never ship. Several of our neighbors started donating to “my cause” and depositing a bottle or two on the doorstep from time to time.  Even two...gift wrapped them...lol  My goddaughter sent me 5 bottles from Atlanta...each wrapped exquisitely with layers of plastic wrap...as befitted  their status as precious and rare.

Then, one day last week...the Motherload from various websites all arrived on the same day! I was thrilled! Mr H however seemed to view my success with head-shaking disdain. 🧐 Lol...Guess the diet tonic ship has finally come in...if any of you have been looking for it too.

Bought the 2lb RedStar yeast from Amazon and splitting to with a friend. It can freeze, she tells me.

After  weeks of frustration...the bread machine has shipped....Wayfair.  This will not be helpful with the weight loss issues though...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hazence said:

When SC closed the restaurants, our Club started a nightly delivery service of dinner. We felt it was important to support the Club and the great people who work there, so suddenly we were having huge 3-4 course meals every other night. 

The good news is the Club hasn’t furloughed anyone...not even the wait staff.

The bad news...we are fat. 🐷 

The reports of breaks in the food chain have resulted in my feverish online searches for stuff that has oddly disappeared. My three main quests have been Diet Tonic, yeast, and a new bread machine.

I was waitlisted all over the Internet for the tonic...they would take the order but never ship. Several of our neighbors started donating to “my cause” and depositing a bottle or two on the doorstep from time to time.  Even two...gift wrapped them...lol  My goddaughter sent me 5 bottles from Atlanta...each wrapped exquisitely with layers of plastic wrap...as befitted  their status as precious and rare.

Then, one day last week...the Motherload from various websites all arrived on the same day! I was thrilled! Mr H however seemed to view my success with head-shaking disdain. 🧐 Lol...Guess the diet tonic ship has finally come in...if any of you have been looking for it too.

Bought the 2lb RedStar yeast from Amazon and splitting to with a friend. It can freeze, she tells me.

After  weeks of frustration...the bread machine has shipped....Wayfair.  This will not be helpful with the weight loss issues though...

In Mexico the few times we can find diet tonic it costs more than the gin.  We we buy the SodaStream concentrate and make our own.  A few tablespoons to a bottle of sparkling mineral water and you can’t tell the difference.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

We even got a dusting of snow Saturday morning, when the normal temp should be between 50 (low) and 70 (high). 

It was 83 F (28 C) in this part of Canada Saturday.  I don't know what snow in May feels like.  I have always lived in the good part of Canada 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of ways I kept my weight down was errand running and retail therapy.  If I was getting bored at home I’d head out not necessarily to spend a lot but walk and be away from the kitchen.  We’ve been in 8 weeks now and I’ve gained almost a pound a week.  I’m putting the breaks on but it’s not going to easy.  Of course it’s warm now so I can walk the neighborhood and hoping the pools open so I can do some water work outs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

One of ways I kept my weight down was errand running and retail therapy.  If I was getting bored at home I’d head out not necessarily to spend a lot but walk and be away from the kitchen.  We’ve been in 8 weeks now and I’ve gained almost a pound a week.  I’m putting the breaks on but it’s not going to easy.  Of course it’s warm now so I can walk the neighborhood and hoping the pools open so I can do some water work outs.

Ive gone to Walmart about every second day and some type of hardware store on the other days.  It's either that or go mental reading things on the internet.  Thankfully we are opening up here next week.  Some provincial parks open Thursday and the rest of the provinces non-essential businesses, with restriction, opens Monday.  Provincial campsites will open beginning of June assuming everything goes according to plan. I've got a chiropractor appointment booked for Tuesday after next in the morning and  I'm looking forward going to restaurant that evening.  I don't think my wife and I have planned a restaurant reservation with such anticipation since our 25th anniversary, which we celebrated in Rome. It's going to be great to walk around with looking like I have scoliosis.    

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Same here. In fact, due to cancelling a trip to Las Vegas and California and a few cancelled concerts, I have a very healthy  credit on my credit card.  I don't ever recall seeing a balance with a negative sign.

Unfortunately  it was my RC  Visa card so I lost valuable points. 😐

That's the reason that I stopped using mine.  😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Since 2017 we have not been going out too much but we were going to dinner with friends once a month.I cannot recall the last movie I went to.

When I was in HS I was overweight ,nearly obese.I lost 66 pounds a year after HS ended for me and never want to go back to those days.I keep an after picture in my wallet.

I weigh myself every morning..I am 55 pounds less than my HS weight and I am in the best physical shape possible considering my age and disabilities.

I do not eat junk food.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Ditto.

Yes - we normally are not back in Canada until into May and haven't experienced a Canadian winter for 10 years.  But with the pandemic we had to come back early, April was record cold and May so far has been freezing cold, snow on Saturday too and cold today.

We should've been coming off our Med cruise now and staying for a week in Italy...........

Just wish we were back in our Florida home........😒

Edited by M&A
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Since 2017 we have not been going out too much but we were going to dinner with friends once a month.I cannot recall the last movie I went to.

When I was in HS I was overweight ,nearly obese.I lost 66 pounds a year after HS ended for me and never want to go back to those days.I keep an after picture in my wallet.

I weigh myself every morning..I am 55 pounds less than my HS weight and I am in the best physical shape possible considering my age and disabilities.

I do not eat junk food.

Lenny, no weight gain issues for me. I don't drink soft drinks but I'm a junk food junkie. Love my beer and wine also.  I must have a high metabolism. Plus I walk 7 miles everyday. Takes me 1.5 hours to do the 7 mile walk. Plus I play my drums everyday for about the same amount of time. Speaking of masks, I had to go to urgent care last Saturday. First time since CV that I was required to have my temperature taken and given a mask to wear and weighed. 

Edited by davekathy

4 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Agree, we been saving Hundreds a month not eating out or go to Movies. Lost 10# myself in last 8weeks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, no weight gain issues for me. I don't drink soft drinks but I'm a junk food junkie. Love my beer and wine also.  I must have a high metabolism. Plus I walk 7 miles everyday. Takes me 1.5 hours to do the walk. Plus I play my drums everyday for about the same amount of time. Speaking of masks, I had to go to urgent care last Saturday. First time since CV that I was required to have my temperature taken and given a mask to wear. 

I hope you were given the all clear.