reciprocal status amenities

faith trev

8 minutes ago, faith trev said:

Does Princess have reciprocal status with Holland America? (Like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean)

From the HAL side, there is no reciprocity.  You automatically get one star status, which entitles you to nothing of any relevance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, faith trev said:

Does Princess have reciprocal status with Holland America? (Like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean)

I think Princess has some reciprocity with P&O but as previously answered, none with HAL. 

1 hour ago, Nic6318 said:

hi

No. If you do own 100 CCL shares, you would be entitled to receive an OBC with either cruise line or any other Carnival owned cruise line.

Huh, I don't know the size of the OBC, but at the current share price that doesn't sound like a bad deal.   Sadly, we haven't been on a CCL line for a while, but who knows.  Thanks for the heads up!   

2 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I think Princess has some reciprocity with P&O but as previously answered, none with HAL. 

Not any longer- after the P&O Princess Line was bought by Carnival, that was so (my first P&O points were from a Princess cruise), but first P&O stopped, then the management of Princess changed to the HAL line, I believe, and Princess stopped the reciprocity with P&O.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reciprocal statues would be nice...... But the loyalty levels are too easy to get now.... as you can get large numbers of top loyalty passenger on one cruise... and thus reduce the benefits...

So it become a bit of a catch-22 .... and there is no real answer.....

Just my thought it should have been left a number of days only... not number of cruises

Cheers Don

• Like 1

6 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Just my thought it should have been left a number of days only... not number of cruises

Actually, it originally was only number of cruises. Number of days is the newer option.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Actually, it originally was only number of cruises. Number of days is the newer option.

Didn't know that... thanks......

Another idea is use the same idea as airlines....  distance and seat type to length of cruise and cabin type

Cheers Don 

There is no reciprocal agreement between any of the cruise lines that Carnival Corp owns that I am aware.  You earn elite on Princess and then go to HAL, CCL etc and start over earning status or vice versa.  The stock owner OBC however does apply to all the cruise lines that Carnival Corp owns.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Another idea is use the same idea as airlines....  distance and seat type to length of cruise and cabin type

Cheers Don 

Those in a full suite do get an extra credit.

On 6/4/2020 at 11:39 AM, faith trev said:

There is already a problem that so many people on Princess are elite/platinum that the benefits of the higher levels are diminished.  Two examples:

o Internet used to be unlimited for platinum/elite, now it is a limited number of minutes and worthless as a benefit if you book with the "best value" pricing which includes Internet.

o Laundry for elites which used to have a 36 hour turnaround now can take from 3 to 5 days

Imagining the value of the benefits if those who are the equivalent of platinum or elite on other Carnival Corp lines had that status on their first Princess cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caribill said:

. . .

o Laundry for elites which used to have a 36 hour turnaround now can take from 3 to 5 days

. . .

Sorry to hear that!  We've taken a lot of TA cruises where that free laundry was greatly appreciated!

7 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

Sorry to hear that!  We've taken a lot of TA cruises where that free laundry was greatly appreciated!

It's still there, it's still free...you just have to plan accordingly. 

Either pack enough so that you won't run out of clothes before the laundry is returned.

OR

Send in a small amount of laundry every day (or every other day).

• Like 4

12 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I know at least a few lines do that; Princess itself gives double cruise credit (not double-day though) for suite bookings.

How do people feel about the idea of even higher tiers? I think it was NCL shuffled around their tiers 2-3 years ago, watering down the bottom two and adding two higher tiers that added some extras.

12 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

How do people feel about the idea of even higher tiers?

The time for that has come, I think.  The question is:  will the operating companies of CCL be able to afford to do so?

12 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

I know at least a few lines do that; 

Reciprocal status is available on MSC.  One must supply documentation when one applies for it, but it is not difficult to do.  In order to keep such status in effect on MSC, one needs to sail on MSC at least once during a period of a few years.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Of course, cruise lines could go the way of some airlines, disappearing loyalty status/points without intermittent cruising.  First of course we need to see what the future of cruising entails. 

Your 2nd sentence:  no disagreement by me.  Your first sentence:  if such loyalty status disappeared by the cruise lines that have never done so without intermittent cruising, can you imagine the comments and howling that would take place on CC as well as to the cruise lines themselves.  Such a move would be a very poor PR tactic.  (But, might it not be needed from a financial standpoint for the operating company to survive?)

Cruisecritic folks would go nuts, however they are only a small portion of cruisers. (We’ve seen what the change in program brought on) 

loyalty “could/might” be improved, if you were “required” to cruise every five years on a specific line?  Or spend $10,000 a year on their branded credit card? Or refer two people that cruised on the line every year? 

2 hours ago, Cuedon said:

I know at least a few lines do that; Princess itself gives double cruise credit (not double-day though) for suite bookings.

How do people feel about the idea of even higher tiers? I think it was NCL shuffled around their tiers 2-3 years ago, watering down the bottom two and adding two higher tiers that added some extras.

The line's main objectives with loyalty programs is to get passengers to return to their brand. This is one reason why it only takes 5 cruises or 50 days to reach Platinum. Would adding additional tiers and watering down bottom level tiers, which are not very much now, meet the marketing objectives? I don't think so. Additional levels could help with those hundred or so passengers on board with 100's of days. These benefits could include things like priority luggage delivery on boarding. Also think the system should go strictly to days plus bonus days with bonus days only good for some of the benefits.

Disclaimer. We frequently are in the top 40, lots of experience with benefits and no real complaints.

16 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Sorry the answer is no.  I wish they did. 
Tony

According to a well-known Entertainment Director, Carnival Corporation constitutes almost 50% of the mass cruise industry. Combining loyalty programs would be an anti-trust violation. 

P&O owned Princess before being bought by Carnival Corporation. Once P&O was purchased, the two lines became separate entities. Because they were once the same company, loyalty was reciprocated for years. 

17 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Cheers Don 

If you want to make it like the airlines then you get reset to zero every so often (airlines reset every year) and you have to start from scratch again to earn status.

9 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

If you want to make it like the airlines then you get reset to zero every so often (airlines reset every year) and you have to start from scratch again to earn status.

I was thinking along the lines of a cruise once every two years to stop the reset...

Cheers Don