How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

LauraS

How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?  

2,416 members have voted

1. 1. How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

• Within the first two months. Once I have the shots, I am ready to go
    • A few months – I’d take a different trip first
    • I would prefer to wait six months to a year
    • Other, explain below.....

3 hours ago, Mcdonaldbam said:

So I guess the answer to the survey question would be never? 

Yes, but they didn’t give us that option as an answer. 😉 PS. Are those of us who have had covid not immune?

Edited by 2CoolCanucks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Ah you don't know what your missing...sitting in a hot tub with snow falling, get out of hot tub, roll in snow, back in hot tub...wait I was 18 doing that.  Okay, sitting in the hot tub with snow falling😜

When I was in Japan we had an Onsen outside in the snow♨️, really nice 🤗

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I am with you....skiing and cold is not for me.

I don't ski - fear of heights. But being cold isn't really a problem. Skiers "dress for the occasion."

10 minutes ago, clo said:

I don't ski - fear of heights. But being cold isn't really a problem. Skiers "dress for the occasion."

10 minutes ago, clo said:

If I did a ski vacation I would just stay in the lodge by the fireplace.  I had no problem with Iceland it is the ski part that would not be for me. 

54 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If I did a ski vacation I would just stay in the lodge by the fireplace.  I had no problem with Iceland it is the ski part that would not be for me. 

When we were in Iceland in early December it was warmer than when we departed from Seattle !

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I am with you....skiing and cold is not for me. Park City though is a great place to visit in the summer. I was there a couple of years ago at the end of a western road trip and would vacation there again in the summer. Also ski resorts in the summer like Park City and Telluride have very good deals in their summer off season.

Summer and Fall are my favorite seasons here.  I can't ski anymore (bad non-skiing injury), so the only thing I do in the winter is work and shovel my driveway.   There is soooo much to do up here in the Summer - hiking, mt. biking, fly fishing, ATVs, drives up into the Uintas...   We're probably not going to have our 4th of July town celebration again - the thought of having over 10,000 crowding down Main Street for the parade was just too much for the City Council. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2CoolCanucks said:

Yes, but they didn’t give us that option as an answer. 😉 PS. Are those of us who have had covid not immune?

Well, it depends.  Antibodies showing immunity anecdotally last from a month to a year.  That's based on my Long Haulers group of over 15,000 people.  It's not a lifetime thing.    And, depending on whether you had the "wild" version or a variant, your immunity may not work.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

We did it in mid August. It was 55-60 so not too cold. Actually a welcome relief from our mid  August summer heat and humidity. 

5 hours ago, clo said:

I'm still wearing shorts when those are the temps 🙂

I just did the conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius and that is ~13-15.5C 🥶. That is our Winter temperatures during the day. So I would definitely be wearing a coat.

I find it interesting how where you grow up and live defines when you feel the cold.

25 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I just did the conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius and that is ~13-15.5C 🥶. That is our Winter temperatures during the day. So I would definitely be wearing a coat.

I find it interesting how where you grow up and live defines when you feel the cold.

I would not wear shorts and a t shirt with those temps. What I wore in Iceland was an insulated hoodie jacket. That is also what I wear in the winter here in Maryland. Not a coat unless we get to 35F and below. Then I have a goose down North Face. My insulated jacket is also great for general travel.  If it gets colder than 45F I wear another layer underneath the insulated hoodie,  a fleece layer . 

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/Atom-LT-Hoody

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

Or hot. Some people if I say it was a 40°C (104°F) day wonder how I'm still alive 😂

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

hot is depends on the humidity .....

Totally. I grew up in Atlanta and they HAVE humidity. Now in Reno our humidity can sometimes be in single digits (fire danger when that low) and I can tolerate it better.

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Also one must remember in the cold it is wind chill is the killer. and hot is depends on the humidity .....

Sunny no wind 15deg C is OK... like 35 deg C low humidity is OK...

Humidity is the deal breaker for me.   I have to admit where I live I'm pretty spoiled by the weather.   It does occasionally get real hot in the summer (100+) but without the killer humidity, so it isn't so bad.   

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Humidity is the deal breaker for me.   I have to admit where I live I'm pretty spoiled by the weather.   It does occasionally get real hot in the summer (100+) but without the killer humidity, so it isn't so bad.   

I agree that humidity is makes the heat difficult to stand. We usually have hot dry heat with temps sometimes for a few days at 40C/100F in Summer. Two weeks ago we had a week of high humidity which was hard to bear. I did a walk to my local shops about .5 a mile away which isn't a problem. When I got home with a few kgs of shopping I had to sit and drink copious amounts of water and felt wiped out.

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Or hot. Some people if I say it was a 40°C (104°F) day wonder how I'm still alive 😂

I love the heat as long as low humidity.

To keep on topic I am hoping to cruise with other vaccinated cruisers early next year.

• Like 2

NO. 4  I completed my vaccinations in early Feb. (volunteer in hospital, lots of patient & family contact). As a retired RN, I feel very confident about the vaccines....I could still get Covid-19 or a variant but it would probably be a much less severe infection. I still can be a carrier (as can children under 18) so masks, social distancing, and HAND WASHING until we see a greater percent of the world being vaccinated.

We're waiting until Sept. 2022 for our next cruise, a transpacific to Japan. I believe that crew members, shore personnel (cruise line staff) and children should all be vaccinated to travel in close quarters since children usually don't wear masks, etc.

For me, the question is not whether I feel protected , I feel safe, I can feel free again. The question is whether we're willing to do all we can to protect our families and all others. Still hoping that Sept. 2022 will be a go, I do miss cruising!

Rainey

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, 2CoolCanucks said:

We will NOT be taking the covid vaccine ever. 
I truly hope that they do not make it mandatory for cruising. 

At some point we will have herd immunity and hopefully mandatory vaccines won't be a condition for cruising anymore.  We won't get the vaccine or wear mandatory masks or be limited to specific shore excursions.  That puts us out of the cruising game for a while but that's our choice. 

• Like 2