How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

LauraS

How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?  

2,416 members have voted

1. 1. How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

• Within the first two months. Once I have the shots, I am ready to go
    • A few months – I’d take a different trip first
    • I would prefer to wait six months to a year
    • Other, explain below.....

Although I'm ready to cruise as soon as I'm vaccinated I don't think I want to be on any of the first cruises. Everyone will just be getting back into the swing of things and there are bound to be a bunch of snafus. I'd be down to be on one of the test cruises, though. I think it would be amazing to be sailing off on the very first cruise after.

We've both had both of our vaccine shots, finishing in mid-February, so we're supposedly good to go. We've booked our next cruise - March 2022. Nothing before then.

But we are going to an all-inclusive resort in May of this year. The trip had originally been booked for May of last year but they shut down so we re-scheduled for this year.

I picked "Other".  I'm ready to cruise right now, but we're booked for a late Feb '22 cruise, hoping it's going to happen.  Also, we're not planning to get the vaccine.   If we absolutely MUST be vaccinated in order to cruise, then I guess we'll have to decide whether or not to continue cruising.

Go ahead & flame away.  I've got my royal big girl flame retardant panties on.

Edited by mightycruisequeen
added thought.

• Administrators

Just a reminder that this is a POLL, you can simply select from one of our choices presented

OR

You choose OTHER and can answer this question in the repliesa nd please stick to the topic:

1 hour ago, LauraS said:

Just a reminder that this is a POLL, you can simply select from one of our choices presented

OR

You choose OTHER and can answer this question in the repliesa nd please stick to the topic:

Curious why people do a "poll" rather than just ask the question.

2 hours ago, clo said:

Curious why people do a "poll" rather than just ask the question.

I am very happy to see poll results . This is a perfect example where almost 60% of the votes are for the first option , "Within the first two months" yet most of the posts are for the fourth option , other . It's interesting reading the posts but also informative to see actual vote numbers . 

37 minutes ago, clo said:

I'd think it's the words that matter not the count

In contentious times sometimes there are too many words and not enough looking at the count .*

* Not meant to be a political statement .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I was referring to CC as well. Why do you dislike polls? 

I guess I'm here to learn a lot. If people only clicked on the poll options I would learn one little thing. Guess I'm greedy 🙂

2 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I clicked on "other" we are fully vaxxed, & if Europe was open to U.S. citizens & cruises were going, I would hop on a plane tomorrow 🙂

@ilikeanswers Like this. "Other" teaches me little. This explains it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clo said:

@ilikeanswers Like this. "Other" teaches me little. This explains it.

But if a person's answer is "I am ready to go now" do you really want to see that sentence repeated 629 times? Some people don't have anything else to add 😝

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, mightycruisequeen said:

I picked "Other".  I'm ready to cruise right now, but we're booked for a late Feb '22 cruise, hoping it's going to happen.  Also, we're not planning to get the vaccine.   If we absolutely MUST be vaccinated in order to cruise, then I guess we'll have to decide whether or not to continue cruising.

Go ahead & flame away.  I've got my royal big girl flame retardant panties on.

Agree with you.  We are not getting the vaccine either.  If we can't cruise no biggie.  We will go other places.  It would only last a year or two anyways, no way they'll extend if further than that.

I got my first shot last Thursday....2nd one is April 1st.  I will be ready to go as soon as I am

fully vaxed.  As for bookings...........well, I have deposits down on 3 cruises.  One in October,

one in December and one in March 2022.  Will just have to wait and see what happens. 

No plan to vax.  
Since none of the powers that be indicate the even with the experimental vax it doesn’t eliminate draconian measures.....even the ineffective masking (see recent CDC data that masking is like a margin of error..virtually no benefit)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

(see recent CDC data that masking is like a margin of error..virtually no benefit)

I wish everyone making definitive statements would provide reputable citations.  Which recent CDC data?  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I wish everyone making definitive statements would provide reputable citations.  Which recent CDC data?  Thanks.

I describe it as "reputable and verifiable citations to support their claim." I'm a self-described 'info junkie' btw.

If we listen to the CDC (and most experts) it takes about 2 weeks after your 2nd shot (or one shot with J&J) to achieve the desired antibodies.  So we would be ready to cruise 2 weeks after our 2nd shot.  As to the anti-vax folks, they are certainly entitled to their opinion but should also be aware that, most likely, any future cruising or International Travel will require proof of COVID vaccination.

Hank

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stickboy3327 said:

No way in heck I am injecting myself with experimental research chemicals for something that has a 99+% survival rate.

wouldnt you rater get the shot and be safe, then take the risk? i dont understand why there is so much push back against getting the vaccine. i'm 73,my wife is 72, and as soon as we were able to get an appointment we were  vaccinated. we have had both  our shots, and if this keeps us even a little bit safe, i'm grateful.

also we have a cruise booked this july out of amsterdam, and if the vaccination aids in us getting on board, i'm all for it

• Like 2