Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thank you! My travel summary still says two days. 

I wonder why unvaccinated is the same as the most up to date vaccinated?

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I wonder why unvaccinated is the same as the most up to date vaccinated?

They're not quite the same. Up to date cruisers can take an antigen test, the unvaccinated cannot.

Also, it's tough in some areas to find a reasonably priced PCR test that will give results within 3 days, never mind less.

32 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry, I don't know what is happening about Princess because they don't start to sail over here until 28th March but I would expect the test to be included as for the other lines.

P&O have updated their list of entry requirements for their destinations 

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-guide-9-March-2022.pdf

This should cover the destinations that Princess go to from Southampton.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

They're not quite the same. Up to date cruisers can take an antigen test, the unvaccinated cannot.

Also, it's tough in some areas to find a reasonably priced PCR test that will give results within 3 days, never mind less.

At least here in Oregon we have always gotten the results in 12 hours with Kaiser. Presumably because they have their own lab

19 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I think if you can afford to go on a cruise you afford to pay for the COVID test.

Seems like you enjoy paying for them, so you can pay for mine if you want.  Paying money I don't have to for something isn't my thing.  Very rude comment.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

I am so glad for this update! I have had 2 vaccines and 1 booster so now my Antigen test taken on Wednesday (prior to my Thursday flight to the USA) will carry me through to embarkation on Saturday! One less expense to not have to have a second Antigen test. Thank you Princess. 

• Like 3

HELP!

What type/ brand of test can we order to take to London, so we can perform the test?

We arrive in London late in the afternoon on a Friday and board the ship on the following Monday.

We can not test before we fly, because that is 4 days before boarding. And, where in London could we be tested, especially on a weekend.

This is stressful. Yes, we are fully vaccinated.

However, international protocols may be different? It was either yesterday or today that the Princess website that international protocols would "soon" be issued. Hopefully, that is very quickly so we can all plan ahead!

25 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Strange that they make a difference between Fully Vaccinated and Booster. GDD has had both shots but not yet eligible for Booster - so does she remain at 2 Days while we are at 3 days?????

I think so. That how it reads to me. 

8 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Strange that they make a difference between Fully Vaccinated and Booster. GDD has had both shots but not yet eligible for Booster - so does she remain at 2 Days while we are at 3 days?????

My understanding is that you are considered up to date if you have had all the vaccines you are eligible for. So for adults, that would be vaxxed and boosted. For younger, that would be just the two shots since they aren’t eligible for the booster yet. So I believe she is up to date with two shots. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ombud said:

I have a suggestion for Princess: It seems to me that "not vaxxed" are being rewarded...test at 3 days. How about this: not vaxxed have to test at 3 days, then 2 days, then 1 day AND at the port.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I have a suggestion for Princess: It seems to me that "not vaxxed" are being rewarded...test at 3 days. How about this: not vaxxed have to test at 3 days, then 2 days, then 1 day AND at the port.

Actually PCL opted into CDC guidelines so: 

"If you are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, you must get tested with a viral test no more than 3 days before boarding a cruise ship. You will be tested again by the cruise ship personnel on embarkation day before boarding. "

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-travel-during-covid19.html#before-you-board

Hope its pricey enough to encourage vacination

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pompeii said:

My understanding is that you are considered up to date if you have had all the vaccines you are eligible for. So for adults, that would be vaxxed and boosted. For younger, that would be just the two shots since they aren’t eligible for the booster yet. So I believe she is up to date with two shots. 

My thinking too, but no way to get definitive answer from Princess. Would hate to be told differently at the port!

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yeah the website says 3 days but my travel summary still says 2 days

Mine too.  Although I can no longer click on the Travel Summary for my April cruise.  I'm hoping they're updating it.  I don't want to change my covid test from 2 days ahead to 3 until I know for sure

Skagway.  We plan to travel from Skagway to Carcross, CA.   Canada currently requires a negative test within 2 days before entering the country.  On the day we will be there our pre-cruise tests will be 7 days old. Will princess administer a Covid test for us or will we have to get a test in Skagway?

I realize by the time June arrives tests may not be required, hoping.

We scheduled a PCR test for Thursday for a Sunday cruise.  Using CVS and they did not say anything about charging us.  I thought they would say it when we made the appt. online.  We included our medicare information.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  I answered yes to the first question about social distancing.

On 3/9/2022 at 11:10 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Covid "at home" tests for Canadians.

I follow Vickie and Bernie Travel. Vickie sent an email this morning about at home tests for Canadians. Canadians can now test at home. Here's the link to her blog: https://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/

Was there more info in your email because the blog post you linked to has zero info other than they chose at home tests?  I may have seen something about those in Canada, but if anyone has a chance to get them from the US, probably find much better pricing for the kits mentioned in the Princess threads here.  I took a look into several links and Rapid Antigen monitored tests seem to run up to $50/ea.  At least $45.  Sometimes they are giving more tests than monitored sessions with a travel certificate.  Have to shop carefully for sure.

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Was there more info in your email because the blog post you linked to has zero info other than they chose at home tests?  I may have seen something about those in Canada, but if anyone has a chance to get them from the US, probably find much better pricing for the kits mentioned in the Princess threads here.  I took a look into several links and Rapid Antigen monitored tests seem to run up to $50/ea.  At least $45.  Sometimes they are giving more tests than monitored sessions with a travel certificate.  Have to shop carefully for sure.

Did you look at the link on the right side? "Covid testing via Zoom for Canadians" 

Hopefully, this link is better: https://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2022/03/covid-testing-via-zoom-for-canadians.html

That's all I've got. Just thought it might be helpful to Canadians.

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Did you look at the link on the right side? "Covid testing via Zoom for Canadians" 

Hopefully, this link is better: https://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2022/03/covid-testing-via-zoom-for-canadians.html

That's all I've got. Just thought it might be helpful to Canadians.

Thanks - I did miss the link to the right of their webpage.  That article link you provided is good - seems reasonable compared to other options I Googled.  Yes, it is convenient to get tests in CAD since it doesn't seem that far off with today's level of exchange rate.  Almost $32 CAD for cheapest US test option per test.  Even more if not ordering 6 tests, so $73 for a couple of tests at once is pretty good IMO.

• Like 1