Princess Website Password Update

MsSoCalCruiser

33 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m trying to sign into my Personalizer and a box is popping up wanting me to change my password. Are you receiving this when you try to sign in? Trying to figure out if it is legit. Thanks.

It's legit. 

They are increasing password security. 

• Like 1

Really!

Pain in the neck.  I don't WANT to change my password.  Why shouldn't be my choice if I change it or not?

One upper case

One lower case

One number

One special character

I don't like all that shifting when I'm logging into sites.  

• Like 1

It's about time. They had the lamest password security. Of course Amazon has equally lame password security. Pretty odd these days. I had to change mine a few days ago. Not a big deal but, given all the scammers out there, the OP was wise to wonder if it was legit or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's about time. They had the lamest password security. Of course Amazon has equally lame password security. Pretty odd these days. I had to change mine a few days ago. Not a big deal but, given all the scammers out there, the OP was wise to wonder if it was legit or not.

Thank you.  You NEVER know anymore.

I was recently prompted to change my Princess password as well.  Thinking about it, I had been using the same password since 2007.  Wow, my bad!  I should have changed it long ago, especially when you consider all the personal information that Princess collects.  They have our email addresses, our dates or birth, passport numbers, credit card numbers and phone numbers.

I don't mind having to change and remember new passwords.  I feel it helps keep my mind active.  For reference, before I retired, my employer required us to attend annual IT security training and change our passwords every 90 days and the passwords had to be longer than 12 characters!

I just couldn't sign in with my old password.

They didn't prompt me to make a new one but another poster had that same problem and solved it with a new password. Soooo I changed mine and voila! Now I can get into my personalizer.

It looks like now they are telling folks to change their password instead of just not letting us in and having us think something is wrong with the site!

Yes I had to do this about two weeks ago. Annoying since I've been automatically logging onto the website for years and it still remembers my old password even after I did the password change. And now with their letter/number/uppercase/symbol requirement I have to keep it written down next to my computer because I can't remember it. 

• Like 1

I use Lastpass for my password management. It automatically generates unique secure passwords for each site, and fills them in automatically. 

It's not just good having a secure password. If you use the same password all over the place, its not secure in the event of a breach.

18 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I use Lastpass for my password management. It automatically generates unique secure passwords for each site, and fills them in automatically. 

It's not just good having a secure password. If you use the same password all over the place, its not secure in the event of a breach.

I'm interested to know why you trust LastPass.  I've never heard of it before so I'm not knocking it.  I'm interested to know what makes it so trustworthy for an outside entity to know all of your different passwords.  TIA

3 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Yup, I had to do it for my and my husband's accounts.  One more thing to write down as I won't remember...

I save PWs in two different places:  in a password-protected Excel ss and a little notebook made for that purpose (think I got it at an office supply store).

• Like 1

I’d like to change my cruise critic password but the last time I tried, it retained both old and new.  Might be operator error (golly), but it is annoying.  We’ve  been updating all our account passwords over the past year or so as slick cyber-fiends become a more common risk.

Having worked for a computer manufacturer I found the need to change passwords to be self defeating.  We couldn't use previous passwords, and had to write down the current one because it had to change every 90 days.   As a developer, the best password scheme I ever saw was one where, after a certain sequence, one could enter and use an INVALID password.

But, alas, now I must go devise a new password for Princess.

That I will forget.

That I will have to write down.

That I will have to enter into a computer file to remember.

Whatever happened to "let the buyer beware"?