I am going through cruise withdrawal..anyone else?

sandycruzr

While the " Guidelines " don't permit personal attacks , it appears as if many have been less than polite it their replies.

Isn't it nicer to be able to express ones opinions on ANY subject without personal attacks ( Where to move to, What threads to read , Don't judge , etc 

Bonne Journee --- Have a good day 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Isn't it nicer to be able to express ones opinions on ANY subject without personal attacks ( Where to move to, What threads to read , Don't judge , etc 

Always remember that your opinion is yours to express.  Period.

• Like 2

@Pinboy, I see a lot of disagreement with the comments that you have made, but I see no personal attacks. Remember, other posters are entitled to their opinions too, and you are the one who was dismissive of their opinions in your original and subsequent posts.

Back in January, when you first joined and started posting, you were offered advice and responded:

Thanks -- still learning about posting. 

Maybe I should have asked my grandchildren how this stuff is done before I made my first ever post on any site, forum, or whatever it's called ,  last week ??  But, it's fun and " reasonably "  informative until --- golf season.

So here's another lesson: sometimes it's you who is out of step, not everyone else in the parade!

This thread notwithstanding, hopefully Cruise Critic is still fun for you and you'll hang in here, at least until golf season.

Bonne journée toi-même!

• Like 10

Having sailed in the last 2 weeks, my thoughts are pretty simple.

Revel in the sailings you have had, friends you have made, experiences you have enjoyed.

Forget about looking forward (May?  Seriously? Not a chance).  You are only going to be disappointed.  Treasure the things that are already in your basket instead of dreaming of things that might never be there.  Bond with your family, whether they have cruised with you or not.

Accept that the future is likely going to be very different.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

@Pinboy, I see a lot of disagreement with the comments that you have made, but I see no personal attacks. Remember, other posters are entitled to their opinions too, and you are the one who was dismissive of their opinions in your original and subsequent posts.

Back in January, when you first joined and started posting, you were offered advice and responded:

Thanks -- still learning about posting. 

Maybe I should have asked my grandchildren how this stuff is done before I made my first ever post on any site, forum, or whatever it's called ,  last week ??  But, it's fun and " reasonably "  informative until --- golf season.

So here's another lesson: sometimes it's you who is out of step, not everyone else in the parade!

This thread notwithstanding, hopefully Cruise Critic is still fun for you and you'll hang in here, at least until golf season.

Bonne journée toi-même!

Merci-- Thanks

I never inferred that everyone else is wrong, only my feelings regarding the world situation being more important to ME than cruising . Believe me, I hope to be cruising again soon like everyone else , but, for the time being it's not a priority.

Not having cruise withdrawal at this time, my wife and I are both frontline staff. The project I help manage is going into the houses of the vulnerable just now to provide life and limb cover, we have one member of staff already having to self isolate. At the moment that’s our main focus with forums like this and the thoughts of our next cruise just a pleasant distraction. We will get past it but I fear many of us will lose someone we care about along the way.

• Like 1

I'm also suffering withdrawals

Celebrity is only rubbing salt in the wound and I received another set of luggage tags yesterday for our 3/28 cruise.

Geeze when I needed tags I wouldn't receive them and now I'm receiving them and never requested them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Not angry at all .

Just my feeling that there are more important things for ME at this time than experiencing Cruise Withdrawal.

Perhaps you didn't see a recent post that I made :

" We miss cruising as much as everyone else , however, IMO , this is not the time for ME to think of MY pleasures when so many others are not as fortunate to have cruised for many years " .

If you are so offended by this thread, why not cruise on by?

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Celebrity is only rubbing salt in the wound and I received another set of luggage tags yesterday for our 3/28 cruise.

Geeze when I needed tags I wouldn't receive them and now I'm receiving them and never requested them.

JIm, I totally agreed. We cried last week when we received ours. Now, today we would have been boarding for the best vacation ever.

I'm going through so many withdrawals it hurts. Chief of which is not being able to play with my grandsons over in British Columbia. In these times we need to hang on to the good memories and wish them to return so the OP is more than entitled to be looking forwards to a cruise or three.

None of us on here underplay the seriousness of the current situation. It's going to get worse before it gets better and people are dying. It may well impact us directly or indirectly. We know that. There has to be some light amongst the gloom.

Take care people. Be kind.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We have cruised over 250 times and nothing makes us happier at this time than to be at home away from all the drama unfolding on so many ships. 

We were on a B2B2B on Silhouette starting March 6th.  Two hours into our cruise we had a medical evacuation near Miami.  The next morning we were docked in Miami with police on board to investigate a murder or suicide.  We were near Cuba when we get a message from the captain that we were returning to Miami to disembark a couple for medical reasons.  During all this I was reading online about the events on other cruise ships and the difficulty in disembarking if you were unlucky enough to be on a plague ship. 49 hrs before the start of our second cruise (March 15th) I convinced my wife that we had better get home.  An hour later, Celebrity cancelled the cruise as well as cruise number 3.  We learn from our daughter that the local health nurse contacted us that on the previous sailing a passenger has tested positive.  We have now learned through a letter  from Celebrity that a passenger on board our sailing has now tested positive.  We are near the end of our self quarantine and as I read about the events on Eclipse and HAL's Zaandam, I have absolutely no desire to be on a ship for at least 6 months.  We are booked on Summit through the Panama canal in October and November.

Cancellations are only two weeks old.  The worst is yet to come and some people want to be back on a ship.. Trapped with no ports to visit, no medical help on board, pariahs to the rest of the world.  The Flying Dutchman is alive and well... (Dutch: De Vliegende Hollander) is a legendary ghost ship that can never make port and is doomed to sail the oceans forever.)

Keep on dreaming about your next voyage.  We are oh so happy to be at home while our children will do everything to keep us safe in this crazy world.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ha ha I thought the same things!  I never received tags for my last 4 cruises this year yet I received my tags for or Edge cruise For 4/13...that increased my withdrawal!  Maybe in the fall?? It’s anyone’s guess at this point. 

• Like 1

No withdrawal from cruising...but  sorely  missing being able to see our grandbabies who live nearby ...whiie we are hiding out at home,   Generally,  we are too busy trying not to catch  the virus......we live in NY.

We are very  disappointed our  Summit cruise had to be cancelled, and we also pulled  our Nov APEX  just to be sure. 

We heard earlier today that our X refunds are finally on the way back to our credit card. We already rec'd  the FCC certificate.  Hope to use it Jan 2021 on Connie, when the plague has passed.

Have enjoyed the joke thread, photo thread  and browsing the drink...all well done!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, yorky said:

Not having cruise withdrawal at this time, my wife and I are both frontline staff. The project I help manage is going into the houses of the vulnerable just now to provide life and limb cover, we have one member of staff already having to self isolate. At the moment that’s our main focus with forums like this and the thoughts of our next cruise just a pleasant distraction. We will get past it but I fear many of us will lose someone we care about along the way.

We applaud your efforts.

Hope you find comfort and distraction from positive posts.

Bless you both!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

If you are so offended by this thread, why not cruise on by?

" why not cruise on by? " --- not very polite , as per CC Guidelines .

I am not offended by the post at all.

I only found the term "  Cruise Withdrawal " a little less important at this time.

So, it appears to have offended folks like yourself -- no bad feelings on my part to anyone .

End of story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasta1 said:

We have 45 cruises and very grateful we started the first one. Things will get better, but it will take time and patients!

It will indeed take time... and, unfortunately, far, FAR too many patients.

2 hours ago, Texed said:

The only way for me to get out of cruise withdrawal is to book another cruise.  So, we booked four.  🤠

THAT... is a seriously positive attitude!  Just out of curiosity, what time frame are those cruises???

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We applaud your efforts.

Hope you find comfort and distraction from positive posts.

Bless you both!

Many thanks, very proud of my staff team who are putting others before themselves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

While the " Guidelines " don't permit personal attacks , it appears as if many have been less than polite it their replies.

Can't heck the incoming fire,  then don't start a fire fight.

6 hours ago, Pinboy said:

No personal attack intended...  Just a different view from yours as it relates to this thread.  Be well!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL, X is trying to keep you engaged!

bon voyage