Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Brit tradition of beans for breakfast is just.... weird?

I know all cultures have food quirks that seem strange to other cultures, and most of the time I just shrug them off because that's just normal for that region (you should see the stuff my friend in Thailand posts on his Facebook page!).  But there's just something about the thought of baked beans at breakfast that just doesn't seem right to me!  LOL

Then again, I don't understand Royal's obsession with a grilled tomato on *every* *single* *plate* either!

Love beans on toast with a poached egg for breakfast . Only on holiday though or if we are having breakfast out 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Food is good, staff are great.  Pretty simple tastes with booze so I couldn't tell you if somethings missing or not. Weather has been perfect, around 75 every day.

Glad you're having good weather, sounds perfect 

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Love beans on toast with a poached egg for breakfast . Only on holiday though or if we are having breakfast out 

See, it's just "normal" for Brits.... to me it would be like having a cheeseburger for breakfast.  Then again, I also love "breakfast for dinner" so I guess I'm just as weird!  LOL

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, brillohead said:

See, it's just "normal" for Brits.... to me it would be like having a cheeseburger for breakfast.  Then again, I also love "breakfast for dinner" so I guess I'm just as weird!  LOL

We have breakfast dinner often.  I love breakfast foods, pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs benedict etc.

• Like 10

21 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Uh oh. Andrew just joined the 6th grade band and will be learning to play French horn. I hope he likes it better than you did. 😞

I'm sure he'll love it.  Things were very different back when I was in 5th grade.  I liked playing the french horn but when I stayed after school for band practice, I had to walk home.  It was about a 3/4 mile walk, lugging that large, heavy case.  That got old quickly.  I'm guessing that Andrew doesn't need to carry his case nearly that far.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not TMI at all.  I am thankful to hear all ended well with them.  Last night we were told the reason for induction was preeclampsia.  I googled what it was all about and quickly learned I don't need to know it all.  The little I learned was concerning to me.  All is ending well so far.

I warned pics would come.  This is just a tease.  I will probably start flooding the board tomorrow when she is cleaned up.

image.thumb.png.fde6fa0049a9e3603ba97e31b6e85031.png

Welcome to the world Finnley!  She's beautiful.  Congrats to you and your daughter.

Micheline was 10 days overdue with our first daughter.  One of the (male) OBGYNs in her practice told her that babies are fully developed at 38 weeks.  Two more weeks is just a bonus to ensure everything is OK.  NOT the thing that you want to tell an overdue pregnant woman in June.  None of the 3 men in her practice wanted to induce, preferring to wait.  The one woman in her practice, who I think had a little more sympathy, gave her what she called a "hard internal"...stripping her membranes and inducing labor.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Brit tradition of beans for breakfast is just.... weird?

I know all cultures have food quirks that seem strange to other cultures, and most of the time I just shrug them off because that's just normal for that region (you should see the stuff my friend in Thailand posts on his Facebook page!).  But there's just something about the thought of baked beans at breakfast that just doesn't seem right to me!  LOL

Then again, I don't understand Royal's obsession with a grilled tomato on *every* *single* *plate* either!

I'm a fan of baked beans.  Love them for breakfast, although I've only ever eaten them for breakfast in England.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Welcome to the world Finnley!  She's beautiful.  Congrats to you and your daughter.

Micheline was 10 days overdue with our first daughter.  One of the (male) OBGYNs in her practice told her that babies are fully developed at 38 weeks.  Two more weeks is just a bonus to ensure everything is OK.  NOT the thing that you want to tell an overdue pregnant woman in June.  None of the 3 men in her practice wanted to induce, preferring to wait.  The one woman in her practice, who I think had a little more sympathy, gave her what she called a "hard internal"...stripping her membranes and inducing labor.

Once the membranes are ruptured there is no going back as to not deliver within the next few hours increases the chances of infections.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Cheeseburgers and left over pizza would suite me just fine for breakfast.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mmm, pizza for breakfast- it’s even good cold.

Baked beans are often served for breakfast in Canadian Forces messes.

My father, when he came from Scotland, wanted the slice of tomato which was often served for breakfast put on the grill. Apparently, it was a garnish, and that was impossible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm a fan of baked beans.  Love them for breakfast, although I've only ever eaten them for breakfast in England.  

I like bake beans too but the family doesn't like me eating them often.  😳 With that said I played trumpet when I was young! 😆  While my mom wanted we practicing the neighborhood kids were playing football.   So when I realized what I was missing,  I told my mom that playing the trumpet was giving me bad headaches.  It wasn't to long before I was back playing football. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Once the membranes are ruptured there is no going back as to not deliver within the next few hours increases the chances of infections.

That was just one of many things I read while reading up on preeclampsia.   It would of been easier to handle if I would of been in total ignorance.   

They are still at the hospital.   DD is needing watched for a few things but seems to be handing it ok.  Sharon was there during the delivery and informed me of a few complications that happened. 

They said Finnley did not pass her hearing test early this morning but other babies were not too so they think it may be a machine malfunction or fluid.  The biggest thing that concerns me is that they said they could retest in 24 hours.   My first thought,  do they expect for them to still be there in 24 hours.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congrats to you and your family!  She’s a good size for a 37 week baby but if memory serves, the gestational diabetes may have something to do with that.  I’m just glad everyone’s healthy and doing well.  

My daughter’s doctor told us with preeclampsia the baby develops faster. 
Abd especially the lungs, which are a concern with premature babies. Maybe Mother Nature knows they need to be born earlier. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Sunny and 80°F.

Nice breakfast.

IMG_20220813_085621.jpg

I look at your mushrooms??? and think sautéed lamb kidneys. 
I had them for breakfast in NZ every day. 
But never in Great Britain or Ireland. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I cannot count the number of late nite Sorrentos runs I have done to put pizza in the fridge so my daughter will have something to eat in the morning.

Since the plates do not sit well in the fridge we let the slices cool a bit then 2 will fit pointy end down in a glass which will then fit in the fridge. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was thinking just that!

And when I was single I often ate cold pizza on the way to work. 
Back then it was Romano or Parmesan rather than mozzarella. I can still remember that taste.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I cannot count the number of late nite Sorrentos runs I have done to put pizza in the fridge so my daughter will have something to eat in the morning.

Since the plates do not sit well in the fridge we let the slices cool a bit then 2 will fit pointy end down in a glass which will then fit in the fridge. 

Aha,another person who likes Sorrentos pizza.😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is a brilliant idea.  Definitely going to steal that one.  Hope your cruise is going well.

• Like 4