Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Am I the only one that didn't know what a "close" meant? My first thought was closet, with the t missing, which would have been even worse. ☺️

[ C ] UK uk. /kləʊs/ us. /kloʊs/ a road, usually with private houses, that vehicles can only enter from one end: He lives at 83 Barker Close.

I thought it was a typo at first too but when it was said in the next post, I figured it was something outside since he was talking about the yard. 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like hot.

It's the humidity.  Today might be my last excursion in the Caribbean.  I'm just getting to where the heat and humidity is too too much. And add drinking. I'm not much. I had this chocolate margarita at the chocolate place followed by tequila tasting. Puts me to sleep when I drink. Next week I'm staying on and doing pay restaurants next 2 weeks. 97 and rain and high humidity.  I'm out of shape.

Everyone was worried out of Texas is it warm enough to swim. Plus last dec it froze the trees on allure. I'm packed wrong. Well columbus isnabout the start I heard was the best show here on harmony. Bring on the dancing cheeseburgers. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

No delays with Voyager on Monday boarding.

Either the letter that @Tree_skier posted relates to an old problem that has recurred, and they are recycling an old, undated letter,  or someone found an old letter in their cabin!

I'm trying to get a copy of the b2b letter lol. After a very long wait, the customer service printer is broken. I just want to know where to meet. They can get tip envelopes out but cant print a letter.

I boarded last sunday on time. Maybe even before my 11 am time. Np. I didnt get that letter facial was down either, and tree skier didnt either, he boards dec 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Many years ago, we had a wonderful Repertoire Theater in Plano.  We saw Fantastics and Camelot, sitting up close.  Both wonderful, but in my eyes, nobody sang "If Ever I Would Leave You" like Robert Goulet.

Have you ever heard Shoshana Bean sing If Ever I Would Leave You ?

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's the humidity.  Today might be my last excursion in the Caribbean.  I'm just getting to where the heat and humidity is too too much. And add drinking. I'm not much. I had this chocolate margarita at the chocolate place followed by tequila tasting. Puts me to sleep when I drink. Next week I'm staying on and doing pay restaurants next 2 weeks. 97 and rain and high humidity.  I'm out of shape.

Everyone was worried out of Texas is it warm enough to swim. Plus last dec it froze the trees on allure. I'm packed wrong. Well columbus isnabout the start I heard was the best show here on harmony. Bring on the dancing cheeseburgers. 

Be thankful you don't have an El norte through - we have been frozen in Cozumel this time of year! It doesn’t last but doesn’t help when it catches you unawares.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Coralc said:

@c-leg5 A close is called a cul-de-sac here, which is probably even stranger terminology. 😄

The type of road may be a cul-de-sac but the address would be something like 

“1 Oak Close” not 1 Oak cul-de-sac, just like Avenue, Place, Drive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just had my first post op appointment. Everything looks great and I am doing really well.

Knee1.thumb.jpeg.636489ebabd3d138b4f2c485494b5333.jpeg

Got my Cat-Scan back and as expected I have a hernia. My doctor will refer me to a surgeon. My knee surgeon wants me to wait 3 months before having another surgery. Hopefully it will not interfere with our April 1st Beyond sailing.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Be thankful you don't have an El norte through - we have been frozen in Cozumel this time of year! It doesn’t last but doesn’t help when it catches you unawares.

I've never before this cruise complained about my cabin being too hot. This is the first time last night I sure wanted a fan blowing air on me. Maybe I'm just aging but I did allure last sept, so not that long ago. I've been too hot all week.

But lots to like on harmony. Loved Columbus and just rode up in the elevator with the piano player in the elevator. I got pictures of him I think was yesterday thru the glass but rose up with him this time after the show. I was on top of him so it's hard to tell here hes playing piano in the elevator. I have some better pictures.

And that D+ cheers with a officer the fillet mignon was to die for. I need to write to my friends who board dec 10 with dave, tree skier. She will be happy they do a stir fry and pasta during lunch in the egg stations. She has been wanting that and allure didnt have it. 3 kinds of ice cream in the back every lunch making another friend happy. Lots of very good things. 

I got some pictures from outside but maybe you can see hes playing piano in the elevator.

20231201_203454.jpg

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in Atlantic City, just won $1200 on my favorite machine!  Of course it took quite a bit before it rewarded me.  We enjoyed Happy Hour at McCormicks.   

Way to go! Congratulations!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are somewhere in Michigan. 

Going to the MAC championshipship game.

Tonight. Fans unite at a Marriott. 
Go Miami of Ohio Redhawks. IMG_2818.thumb.jpeg.f10f3ad605805d610136fa10731ae506.jpeg

Breakfast at the Tin Roof by the stadium. 

Tomorrow. Game at noon. 

3 glasses of Merlot tonight. 

Good night. 

Sea ya 

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in Atlantic City, just won $1200 on my favorite machine!  Of course it took quite a bit before it rewarded me.  We enjoyed Happy Hour at McCormicks.   

Woohoo! Congratulations. ☺️

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We are somewhere in Michigan. 

Going to the MAC championshipship game.

Tonight. Fans unite at a Marriott. 
Go Miami of Ohio Redhawks. IMG_2818.thumb.jpeg.f10f3ad605805d610136fa10731ae506.jpeg

Breakfast at the Tin Roof by the stadium. 

Tomorrow. Game at noon. 

3 glasses of Merlot tonight. 

Good night. 

Sea ya 

Be safe. 

There are so many things I don't know. But I appreciate all of your posts, just so I can learn new things. My apologies if this is annoying. I couldn't figure out Why, there was a Miami University in Ohio? 

Affiliation: Miami is an Ohio public university. History: Founded in 1809, Miami University bears the name of the Myaamia people whose homelands are here in the Miami Valley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 1:53 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Speaking of roofs, probably going to have the house done in the near future. Have been trying to research metal roofs. I get a lot of advertisements for them. Don't know if it is the way to go or not over asphalt. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

We got a metal roof a few years ago when we had solar put on. Mike can probably give you some info.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2023 at 10:54 PM, George C said:

Joebob is now with his sister Gracie , he was struggling to breathe before he left us , he was 16. 

I’m so sorry to hear about Joebob. It’s heart wrenching to lose one of our fur babies. RIP Joebob. 

• Like 2