Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Although in real life, I have a very dry & sarcastic sense of humor that would cost me a few nice points. 😁

Sometimes that works in your favour. Other times it doesn’t go down so well!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Sometimes that works in your favour. Other times it doesn’t go down so well!!

Especially on internet forums!   I usually pause for a minute or two before hitting the "Submit Reply" button & think if someone who doesn't know me would react negatively.

Note; I said "usually"  😇

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Mom is hanging in there, thanks for asking. 🙂  She is still living on her own and doesn't want to move because she is comfortable.  We will never get her closer until there is some crisis that forces the issue.  

I hope the weather in FL starts cooperating for you so you can get to the beach!  We are supposed to be 60 degrees up here on Saturday.  Strange winter! 

Glad to hear your Mom's good.

Weather has finally begun behaving.  We had our first day at the beach today!  I finally got some color.  It was around 78.    Enjoy your mild temperature this weekend!!

2 hours ago, dbancroft said:

We leave tomorrow on the Anthem. We drove up a day early this time and saw Vision docked in Baltimore while driving thru.

Bon Voyage!  The Anthem is a great ship.  Enjoy!!!🛳️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you.  Just call me "Mr-Gets-Along-With-Everyone" 😎, although I don't really deserve that title as there are others more thoughtful & polite than myself. But  Thank you again. I'll take the compliment!  Although in real life, I have a very dry & sarcastic sense of humor that would cost me a few nice points. 😁

In all seriousness, I post on Internet forums for fun & don't take anything too serious or personally. I actually appreciate the different opinions and viewpoints and the variety of personalities just adds to the spiciness.

Well , don’t let it go to your head because there are a lot of nice people on here . I’ll never forget you coming to my defense years ago , so nice guy. I was also so shaken when you related what happened to your wife because the same thing happened to me however I had a better outcome.  You are a compassionate person. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I thought you were doing an AI instead of cruising?

Two currently in our inventory.  March this year and March next year. After that it is a wait and see what happens. We did have the AI over NYE and another for NYE 2024.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Lovely sunset tonight.

IMG_5796.thumb.jpeg.8b4314324b79a6eb656e1676220d0133.jpeg

Diana wasn’t interested….

IMG_5795.thumb.jpeg.14e2b2b35741de784bd5ae5fc94abb8b.jpeg

Beautiful Sunset, I forget what State are you in again.

We have some sunsets like that here in Virginia. 

Resized_20231104_183018.jpeg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I would never comment on an experience I have not had. I would just move  on and not comment on that post.

The World Cruise? I rest my case. Enjoy your evening. 🍹

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

We paid a visit today on the Symphony. I was surprised to find a new variety....Primavera pizza. New for me because I have not seen primavera at Sorrento before. Was good. Visited Bolers later to get  ginger refresher sans rum. Dinner will be at Chops tonight. 

Oh I would like to be right alongside you right now. I hope you enjoyed Chops, Yum!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

The World Cruise? I rest my case

Enjoy your evening. 🍹

Poor case,I just asked questions about the WC and made a few comments about the weather on that thread.

Just like other people who posted on that thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Two currently in our inventory.  March this year and March next year. After that it is a wait and see what happens. We did have the AI over NYE and another for NYE 2024.

NYE is probably what I was thinking about... I just remembered you saying something about Contrasting and comparing an AI with your usual suite experience on Royal...

I was off CC quite a bit at the tail end of Dec so must have missed your comments on it... We had just gotten back from our B2B on Harmony and my oldest granddaughter got married on the 30th. I was a pretty chaotic time.  

This thread is, at times, a little tough to keep on.  Sometimes I fade in and out and will miss big sections of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Beautiful Sunset, I forget what State are you in again.

We have some sunsets like that here in Virginia. 

Resized_20231104_183018.jpeg

Gorgeous! Jim, did your new neighbors ever finish their house? I (for one) would love to see photos and see how it came together. 

• Like 4

20240208_145704.thumb.jpg.b71679d2aacdc11bc27bb9efd8892b79.jpgDid you get any snow Graham? Weather reports were that it was hitting the North.

Just rain, rain snd more rain down here. We forced ourselves to do our Thursday outing (NYs resolution to get out more).

Went to a NT property 

Hughenden, country home of Queen Victoria's prine minister Benjamin Disraeli . Weather was bad so only looked around the house and had tea/coffee in the tea room. It has extensive grounds to walk molly so will be back on a sunnier day with her

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/visit/oxfordshire-buckinghamshire-berkshire/hughenden

20240208_145516.thumb.jpg.e75c83a145cb3bba75c898de51663fdb.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Has anyone been to Singapore? Need some suggestions on what to see. We are there for four days before a short cruise on Spectrum 

We've been in Dec. 2018 for one day and 2 nights, before a cruise. I was very lucky to get the cheapest room at MSB, booked more than an year ahead. It gave us access to the pool on the roof, with amazing views, mainly at night.

For those who do not "live" there, the only option to see the views is the Roof Bar. I highly recommend it for an once in a life time experience. We had our roll call there, the vast majority of participants didn't "live" in the hotel.

For our short stay, we enjoyed the Gardens by the Bay, at night and in the morning. I went to a mall to buy my daily Dead Sea moisturizer, which I forgot home, while DH went to take pictures of a colorful neighborhood (Emerald Hill Road).

I wish we had more time to see the Botanical Gardens (always a favorite for us) and the Orchids. OTOH, the oppressive heat and the very high humidity "killed" us...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Has anyone been to Singapore? Need some suggestions on what to see. We are there for four days before a short cruise on Spectrum 

Visit the National Orchid Garden within the Botanic Gardens

Go to Gardens by the Bay.  Take the free short open bus tour first to get an overview of the site. Go in the afternoon and explore the indoor Cloud Dome & the indoor Flower Dome.  Then Eat at the onsite hawker market - Satay by the Bay - so you can stay for the evening light show at the Supertrees.  An absolute must see.

Go to Clarke Quay for an early dinner then go on a bumboat ride - you cruise under the illuminated bridges & see the Spectra  light fountain show outside the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

Ride the cable car to Sentosa Island.  Lots to see and do there for the day.  Catch the monorail back to Singapore.

Have dinner at one of the hawker markets that is closest to your hotel.  Good cheap food.  Nice atmosphere.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2