Once Covid Vaccine comes out, would you be 1st in line?

So many people have indicated that they won’t cruise until we have a Covid vaccine

Question is once a vaccine is developed, approved and available , would you necessarily be one of the 1st ones in line to get a vaccine so you can cruise?

Or would you be apt to wait and see how it goes ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

So many people have indicated that they won’t cruise until we have a Covid vaccine

Question is once a vaccine is developed, approved and available , would you necessarily be one of the 1st ones in line to get a vaccine so you can cruise?

I'm skeptical that they can get the billions produced that the planet will need so I'm guessing I'll be quite a ways down the list. I don't see us traveling intl.until late next year at the soonest.

Absolutely not.  We will wait to see if there are any post release issues/reactions.

A cruise is hardly worth risking our health over.   Does not matter to us if we wait a year or three years.

Edited by iancal

37 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

It all depends on how many movies I watch beforehand that are premised on problematic vaccines causing the zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, K32682 said:

My intention is to let a few million people try it first.  I'm not inclined to be a lab rat just to take a cruise. 

I was thinking just the opposite. I would be happy to be a lab rat for a coronavirus vaccine. What bigger contribution could I make at this time of my life?

• Like 3

When it is released to the public and approved it will have been tested. Of course I will pay attention to the testing results. I will get the vaccine but I won’t trying to jump ahead of anyone or to get it for a cruise. I won’t dawdle though, I will get the vaccine because I don’t want to get infected and I will get vaccinated to help get the population to herd immunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I would wait to make sure that it worked.I also want to check side effects.

• Like 1

I tend to wait a while on any new tech development, doesn't matter if it's a new smart phone, computer operating system, automobile or whatever, vaccines included.

I wouldn't be close to the front of the line anyway, so I'll observe and research how the vaccine is tolerated.  That is, if one does get mainstream approval.  Right now, Operation Warp Speed is just a bunch of PR and a lot of money being thrown around, making some pharma execs quite rich.  I can wait.

When I balance cruising vs. my health, I'd rather wear a mask on dry land as I socially distance myself, than try to rush back to an enjoyable but totally non essential activity like cruising.

1 hour ago, whogo said:

I was thinking just the opposite. I would be happy to be a lab rat for a coronavirus vaccine. What bigger contribution could I make at this time of my life?

If your "bigger contribution" costs you your life then it's too high a price to pay.  

I was a Polio Pioneer in 1954, getting the then-experimental Salk vaccine in what would now be called its Phase 3 trial.  You had to be a certain age to qualify [young].  Now I'm old, and if they want Pioneers among my cohort I will be happy to sign up again.  Everybody says 'follow the science' – this is my chance to put my money where my mouth is.

Edited to correct date and terminology and to add a picture of my Polio Pioneer button.

IMG_0750.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was a Polio Pioneer in 1953, getting the Salk vaccine in its first general release.  You had to be a certain age to qualify [young].  Now I'm old, and if they want Pioneers among my cohort I will be happy to sign up again.  Everybody says 'follow the science' – this is my chance to put my money where my mouth is.

• Considering your history, I wonder if they would accept you.Please report back.

No, I will not be one of the first in line. First of all, I’m low risk. Doesn’t mean I want to catch this thing but I do think statistics are on my side if I do. Let health care workers  and high risk people get it first. Second, yes, I wouldn’t mind letting it circulate for a bit for unexpected side effects and additional efficacy testing.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

When you say you are signed up for several stage 3 trials, is that with one of the vaccine producers or several of them?

It’s a site Ron by Oracle for the National Institute of Health (NIH) for all US vaccine trials.  coronaviruspreventionnetwork.org