About resuming cruises

caribill

Thanks for the links, and your informative posting!   Don't want to be a negative Nellie, but it is Oct., cases are spiking, I wouldn't be optimistic for end of 2020.

I cancelled my Spring 2021 because I didn't feel comfortable with it, now I'm wondering about my Fall 2021 plans.  Being on a plan for a long flight to England, doesn't sound appealing at the moment.  Of course, I'm in NE Wisconsin, a hot spot right now.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

Look it this....

I’ve found that Don has good And reliable information. 

‘’Tom😀

wonderful news, Don happy birthday,  great guy

• Like 1

I would expect the first few months of sailing from North American ports will be similar to this Costa experience which is being implemented now on their Italian cruises. It will be interesting to see if it works and if it accepted by cruisers around the world.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23627-what-it-s-like-to-cruise-with-costa-during-the-pandemic.html

Edited by cwtravel

1 hour ago, cwtravel said:

I would expect the first few months of sailing from North American ports will be similar to this Costa experience which is being implemented now on their Italian cruises. It will be interesting to see if it works and if it accepted by cruisers around the world.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23627-what-it-s-like-to-cruise-with-costa-during-the-pandemic.html

Thanks for posting.  I'm still trying to figure out how this can be accomplished:

New, hands-free massage treatments ensure no physical contact

I don't think that sounds like a massage I'd want.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thanks for posting.  I'm still trying to figure out how this can be accomplished:

New, hands-free massage treatments ensure no physical contact

I don't think that sounds like a massage I'd want.  

Wow, I'm with you on that!  I get a massage once a month and it definitely wouldn't work "hands free". Of course the entire list of stuff doesn't sound like an enjoyable experience. I just read this list to my wife and she said, "If that's how it will be, I'm not going". I'm with her. I'm definitely not interested in paying for, or participating in, a cruise that is not enjoyable.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cwtravel said:

And here is a comparison of Costa and MSC sailings

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5643

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow, I'm with you on that!  I get a massage once a month and it definitely wouldn't work "hands free". Of course the entire list of stuff doesn't sound like an enjoyable experience. I just read this list to my wife and she said, "If that's how it will be, I'm not going". I'm with her. I'm definitely not interested in paying for, or participating in, a cruise that is not enjoyable.

We feel exactly the same way.  As much as we love cruising, a cruise under those conditions would not be pleasurable, especially if you factor in the fact that it will make it difficult to not think about the possibility of contracting Covid.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

56 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

We feel exactly the same way.  As much as we love cruising, a cruise under those conditions would not be pleasurable, especially if you factor in the fact that it will make it difficult to not think about the possibility of contracting Covid.

I totally agree with with you Thrak on this one. Paying for a cruise that is not enjoyable.

In Boston we would just say Fugheddaboudit.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1

This is the “new norm” for the foreseeable future. We are anxious to get back sailing, even with the restrictions. Even with a vaccine, there are to many passengers from around the world that won’t have the opportunity to get vaccinated and there are too many people who refuse to get vaccinated to get rid of COVID any time in the near future. 

We have been on 4 vacations to resorts since “reopening”, all with mask, social distancing, and other restrictions. We enjoyed all of them. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Even with a vaccine, there are to many passengers from around the world that won’t have the opportunity to get vaccinated and there are too many people who refuse to get vaccinated to get rid of COVID any time in the near future. 

My opinion is that those people will not be cruising any time in the foreseeable future, if ever. 

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Depending on the itinerary, I'd still go.  I just wouldn't be shelling out any money for a hands free massage.  If it is one of those chairs you sit in, no thanks.  

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Aqua massages, they are wonderful massages by a machine that uses warm water. You stay fully dressed. I've had many and love them. You get a headset if you want one to listen to music of your choosing. The cost is usually $60 an hour or in increments of 15 minutes for $20

Aqua massage is a quick, convenient way to get a full-body massage. An aqua massage machine looks similar to a tanning bed. ... The cover of the machine will come down over you. Then a bar with 36 water jets travels from your toes to your neck and back again and again for the duration of your massage.

Edited by cruzsnooze

1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

Aqua massages, they are wonderful massages by a machine that uses warm water. You stay fully dressed. I've had many and love them. 

Aqua massage is a quick, convenient way to get a full-body massage. An aqua massage machine looks similar to a tanning bed. ... The cover of the machine will come down over you. Then a bar with 36 water jets travels from your toes to your neck and back again and again for the duration of your massage.

I've tried one of those ... for me?  No thanks!!  Glad to hear somebody likes it, though.  

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Aqua massages, they are wonderful massages by a machine that uses warm water. You stay fully dressed.

I'm assuming that, in this case, "fully dressed" is perhaps a swimsuit? I can't see wearing a lot of clothing and being massaged by jets of water. 😜 Sounds interesting but not like a "real" massage. Of course I don't pay for a massage at sea anyway. I don't know what it costs but it's likely more than I pay here at home.

10 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Aqua massages, they are wonderful massages by a machine that uses warm water. You stay fully dressed. I've had many and love them. You get a headset if you want one to listen to music of your choosing. The cost is usually $60 an hour or in increments of 15 minutes for $20

I can't see this machine figuring out a specific muscle is too tense or knotted and give it some extra attention.

22 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I totally agree with with you Thrak on this one. Paying for a cruise that is not enjoyable.

In Boston we would just say Fugheddaboudit.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Tony,

I just want to cruise again. We are booked on the Diamond Princess in Decemebr from Hong Kong. If Princess runs the cruise and we can travel from our home in the Philippines to Hong Kong to board we are cruising. I know very well what they say in Boston..... I lived in East Boston, family and business in Chelsea & Revere also.  Would be very happy to have a rowboat on Chelsea creek today, Love that area of the World.

Todd