Vaccination Certification?

evandbob

Of course people who really "know the score" and who really "like answers" will intelligently comply with intelligent precautions to limit spread of contagion;  and cruise lines who wish to stay in business  are likely impose precautions - so those who do not believe precautions are necessary  will  happily stay at home.  

Win, win.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Just_Westy said:

No worries then but I suspect you will have to wait some time before being allowed to cruise again. 

Or fly. Or drive into another country. Like, for me, drive to Canada. Has @KnowTheScoreever traveled outside their country? Maybe never again.

I learned, during a 40 year career in the government healthcare world that there is no way to reason with anti-vaxers.  They have their beliefs and are not open to rational discussion.  I have also predicted that International Travel, cruise vacations, and other entities are going to mandate proof of COVID vaccination (or a positive COVID antibody test) as the price of admission.  The anti-vaxers can rant and rave to their heart's content but they will not be doing it on a cruise or international trip.  

Can a UK travel packager ignore this coming trend?  Doubtful.  Even Barbados (a popular destination for some Brits) is unlikely to open up to unvaccinated visitors.   Yes, there is going to be some backlash to vaccine mandates.  And some folks will smile. listen, offer a warm shoulder, and still restrict entry to anyone not vaccinated.

Why am I so sure?  Because it is all about money and risking COVID is risking the economy.   As to the anti-vaxers they will have to make their own decisions about whether cruises and international travel are worth compromising their beliefs.

Hank

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Darwins theory will take care of the anti vaxxers and the COVID deniers in due time. In the meantime it will be up to governments (and some corporations out of self interest) to protect the rest of the people according to verified science based protocols. If that means mandatory testing and vaccinations, then I'm all for it.

On another note, I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the amount of excrement being spread by a few, albeit prolific, posters on these boards.  Other social media sites are now red flagging posts with deliberately misleading or erroneous messages. Perhaps it's time for CC to consider doing the same.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I wonder what will happen where there is no, or very limited, border control between countries if vaccination should be required for travelling. For example within the European Union.

They would probably have to instigate an EU wide rule so the first EU country you enter is where they will like how passport control is managed🤔

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mom says said:

On another note, I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the amount of excrement being spread by a few, albeit prolific, posters on these boards.  Other social media sites are now red flagging posts with deliberately misleading or erroneous messages. Perhaps it's time for CC to consider doing the same.

I couldn't agree with you any more. Have you reported this with that suggestion?

4 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

They would probably have to instigate an EU wide rule so the first EU country you enter is where they will like how passport control is managed🤔

That rule already exist when someone enter the European Union but when someone already is within the European Union there are normally no checks when travelling.

I know that borders have been closed and checks have been done now under the pandemi but the travel has been very linited so it has been easier to do it. I can't see that they can check every person travelling over borders within the European Union when more people travel.

11 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I wonder what will happen where there is no, or very limited, border control between countries if vaccination should be required for travelling. For example within the European Union.

This will probable be similar to traveling within the States. You'll need that vaccine to enter or leave the EU but not necessarily to travel within the EU. 

26 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

This will probable be similar to traveling within the States. You'll need that vaccine to enter or leave the EU but not necessarily to travel within the EU. 

That is probably what will happen if the countries in the European Union can agree about it.

The Facts concerning Covid-19 Vaccinations according to CNBC.

Covid-19 vaccines require two doses and patients will have to come back for a second dose but expect unpleasant side effects after the first shot.

Those side effects include high fever, body aches, bad headaches, daylong exhaustion and other symptoms after receiving the shots. The symptoms were uncomfortable, and at times intense, the participants said they often went away after a day.

Moderna and Pfizer acknowledged that their vaccines could induce side effects that are similar to symptoms associated with Covid-19, such as muscle pain, chills and headache.

A Moderna trial volunteer experienced "headache, muscle ache, fatigue, nausea" as a result. But that wasn't the worst of it. Haydon also vomited and fainted and eventually admitted himself to urgent care. These adverse side effects see it as a "small price to pay" for the protection the vaccine can offer.

8 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

The Facts concerning Covid-19 Vaccinations according to CNBC.

Covid-19 vaccines require two doses and patients will have to come back for a second dose but expect unpleasant side effects after the first shot.

Those side effects include high fever, body aches, bad headaches, daylong exhaustion and other symptoms after receiving the shots. The symptoms were uncomfortable, and at times intense, the participants said they often went away after a day.

Moderna and Pfizer acknowledged that their vaccines could induce side effects that are similar to symptoms associated with Covid-19, such as muscle pain, chills and headache.

A Moderna trial volunteer experienced "headache, muscle ache, fatigue, nausea" as a result. But that wasn't the worst of it. Haydon also vomited and fainted and eventually admitted himself to urgent care. These adverse side effects see it as a "small price to pay" for the protection the vaccine can offer.

Oh, well, then - do not get vaccinated.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

Unfortunately if the cruise lines implement draconian "bagging and tagging" measures of the kind you refer to they will lose a very sizeable proportion of their business.  

The cruise lines most likely will not be ones implementing what you refer to a draconian measures, as most likely many countries will require proof of vaccination, prior to entry.

If the ship is visiting such a country, the Cruise Line must ensure everyone aboard is vaccinated when they request "Free Practique" . You do not have an option to remain aboard. If any pax or crew are not vaccinated, the ship cannot enter the port to trade; therefore, nobody gets shore-leave. Therefore, vaccination records will be inspected upon boarding and if not in order, boarding will be denied.

You may not wish to be vaccinated, but must expect your decision may limit you ability to visit other countries.

Yes, us old guys have experienced world wide travel where mandatory vaccinations were required, so it's nothing new.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Yes, us old guys have experienced world wide travel where mandatory vaccinations were required, so it's nothing new.

Yup. And while the above poster states that it's the 'younguns' that spend all the money, how many of those cruisers do 30 or 100 days at a time? And since we old farts have not only the money but the time, we do pre and post and side trips, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

We're going to have 1-2 years of such protocols until Covid effectively dies a death and becomes an almost unknown Coronavirus like SARS or MERS.   We have never needed vaccine certificates for those bugs nor any other virulent bugs like eBola.   

No, because I'm not sure there was a vaccine; certainly we had to sign a form to say whether or not we had been to the countries where those bugs were rife -I'm trying to remember the year, possible 2016- at the check-in at Southampton.

8 minutes ago, jocap said:

No, because I'm not sure there was a vaccine; certainly we had to sign a form to say whether or not we had been to the countries where those bugs were rife -I'm trying to remember the year, possible 2016- at the check-in at Southampton.

We had to have the 'yellow card' showing our Yellow Fever vaccination record before going to Kenya and Tanzania in '08.

In a similar vein (pun intended), the Red Cross would not let me donate blood for a time (I forget whether it was 6 months or a year) after we did a cruise that included Belize because we went to the interior to see Mayan ruins. They also checked when we went to Turkey on a cruise as to where we went as some places in the country would have disqualified me for donating blood.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

The cruise lines most likely will not be ones implementing what you refer to a draconian measures, as most likely many countries will require proof of vaccination, prior to entry.

If the ship is visiting such a country, the Cruise Line must ensure everyone aboard is vaccinated when they request "Free Practique" . You do not have an option to remain aboard. If any pax or crew are not vaccinated, the ship cannot enter the port to trade; therefore, nobody gets shore-leave. Therefore, vaccination records will be inspected upon boarding and if not in order, boarding will be denied.

You may not wish to be vaccinated, but must expect your decision may limit you ability to visit other countries.

Perhaps we “old guys” have learned some things - and perhaps some of the know-it-alls still have something to learn.   But I remain curious —- where the hell do they think they learned everything,?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jocap said:

No vaccine was developed for SARS or MERS because they were nowhere near as infectious as SARS-CoV-2. No pharmaceutical company thought it worth the money or resources to continue vaccine development for a virus that was slowing down. SARS-CoV-2 is a different beast. In a way it is an upgrade on the last two and somewhere in Europe it upgraded even more to become more potently infectious😳 so personally I am not so keen to go down the hippie route and let nature run its course with this virus. Bring on some pharmaceutical intervention I say😂

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, clo said:

Yup. And while the above poster states that it's the 'younguns' that spend all the money, how many of those cruisers do 30 or 100 days at a time? And since we old farts have not only the money but the time, we do pre and post and side trips, etc.

How old are these young'uns? If they are over 26, they have lived too long. After all if Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Jim Morrison* all died at that age, there must be nothing worthwhile after that age.

As a member of the "don't trust anyone over 30" generation, it freaked me out when our son turned 30. Now that he is past 40, I suppose I have lived well past my usefulness.

*If you young'uns have not heard of those 3, try wikipedia.

• Haha 1