Favorite Royal Class And Ship

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yup either that or the pool deck.

I just had a problem with them not sticking to the posted closing time.  To them if folks are getting lots of drinks, they will stay open as long as then can and allow lots of noise.

so beware those on Wonder or Symphony if you have balcony rooms in boardwalk area.

That’s good to know. I’ve never tried a boardwalk balcony or Central Park balcony on the oasis class, but I’m thinking about Royaling up on my next cruise on oasis.

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Curious, what is the appeal of the 3 and 4 day cruises? I can see if someone only has the weekend but I have noticed that a lot of retirees seem to like them. For me it’s not worth packing for unless I’m doing b2b cruises. Also on the short ones you have to go thru customs again in between each cruise. Waste of time to me.

I personally kind of like 4 day cruises. I won’t do 3 day as those are always booze cruises, but if you can pick a 4 day during a week when ppl are in school then it will be a older more well behaved crowd. For us we live in Georgia so we can drive to all of the major Florida cruise ports which takes us through Orlando. So we usually drive take a cruise and then drive back to Orlando and use are uinversal annual passes for a night or 2

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, JP350 said:

Why independence over anthem and even oasis over anthem as the quantum class have their fans.

Oasis is just huge and so much to do. Love the central park to sit and people watch. Dau loves the more pools options. Shows were much better and loved the vibe and feel and size of the boardwalks.

Indy, first RCL ship we have been on, again loved the boardwalk and food options. Previous ships were princess and p&o, so the boardwalk area was so different.

Anthem: enjoyed the ifly ( when it was free) and dau enjoyed the roller skating and bumber cars but felt like the rest of the ship was just average. No real boardwalk and just congested in that area. Just felt a lack of a good vibe on both anthem cruises. Hard to explain but the ship just felt like a more modern old style. 

However on all three ships the staff were amazing and friendly, if only some of the passengers had the same politeness.

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Indy, first RCL ship we have been on, again loved the boardwalk and food options. Previous ships were princess and p&o, so the boardwalk area was so different.

Ate you talking about the Royal Promenade? Indy does not have a Boardwalk, only Oasis class ships have one.

• Like 1

Our favorites are all Oasis class.  Enjoy the layout of the ship and all of the amenities- like the specialty restaurants- cannot beat the boardwalk and Central Park.  Cannot beat the suite area and crown loft suites.  We really like the Harmony of the seas- but all  Oasis class ships are great.

Edited by Cruise a holic

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No way I am packing a suitcase and getting on a plane for any cruise less than 7 days and the past few years it has been anything less than 8 days.

Indeed...even when I don't have to get on a plane... a 7 night cruise seems way too short.  Last B2B on Harmony went by in a blink.  😮 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Don't blame you... but I'm the guy who won't even drive the extra 2 hours to Ft. Lauderdale because Port Canaveral is only an hour away and just so damn convenient.

For us, it's not just the extra time.....but the traffic from hell driving to south Florida!  😮 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And I'm the guy who tries to sail out of Fort Lauderdale because it is much more damn convenient than Miami or Port Canaveral.

I would agree...if I were flying...I would pick Ft. Lauderdale.  OMG...you can even see the cruise port from the airport!  Veerrrry convenient.  🙂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

For us, it's not just the extra time.....but the traffic from hell driving to south Florida!  😮 

This is why I wish Celebrity would put a ship in Port Canaveral. 

For now, we do the 210 miles from Orlando to PE. That last 40 miles --- yikes ----

mac_tlc

• Like 3

On 6/26/2022 at 10:32 PM, JP350 said:

I thought that the only difference was the covered pool, what else is there. I’ve never been on a quantum class ship (except for oddyssy) we live in ga so the Florida ports are our main departure ports.

Different restaurants, changes to suite deck and kids area. Totally different main dining room. No outside seating for Windjammer.

Playmaker's above SeaPlex

Changed the suite layout aft. More regular cabins and JS's

Edited by John&LaLa

I guess throughout my 69 RCCL cruises I've been on almost every class of RCCL ships back to Song of Norway.  My favorite RCCL cruise ship is the one I'm lucky enough to be on at the time!  My worse day on a cruise ship beats my best day at the office.

Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

This is why I wish Celebrity would put a ship in Port Canaveral. 

For now, we do the 210 miles from Orlando to PE. That last 40 miles --- yikes ----

mac_tlc

Oh gosh yes...been hoping for a Celebrity ship to be home ported in PC for many years.  Though, I should not complain.  There were many years when I was hoping for a 3rd RCI ship home ported there, when it was just one 7 night cruiser, and one 3/4.   Now...that wish had been granted...let's hope for that other Celebrity wish to come true as well!!  🤗

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ky Bill said:

I guess throughout my 69 RCCL cruises I've been on almost every class of RCCL ships back to Song of Norway.  My favorite RCCL cruise ship is the one I'm lucky enough to be on at the time!  My worse day on a cruise ship beats my best day at the office.

Bill

Ditto...and have voiced the same opinion.  

But....ummm...what office?  😉 😄 

On 6/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, Tlbecker1 said:

Is Jennifer Hart still playing the piano in the Schooner?  We really enjoyed her too!

Yes she is. Didn’t hear it myself but apparently she did an absolutely fabulous rendition of Sia’s ‘Chandelier’, a lot of pax were commenting on it.

18 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

One of the things they did when they amped the others was to move the bionic bar to where the champagne bar was. Total waste of space. 

Totally agree. I used to love the Champagne Bar! 🥂

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:34 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Voyager class or Freedom class are my favorites because of the Royal Promenade. We've never sailed anything bigger and, at this point, have no intention to. I think the bigger ships are too big. My favorite ship right now is Freedom. I love the additions she got with her Amplification. 

I do love Freedom class.  But after sailing 3 times on Oasis class, I did a 4 day on Independence and immediately asked "who shrunk the Promenade" when I got on.  I don't feel Oasis class is any more crowded than Freedom class.  I did sail on a B2B on Odyssey in February and believe it would feel very crowded at full capacity rather than the 60% we sailed at.  I guess I will find out next year when I do Quantum to Alaska.  But don't worry about crowds from Freedom to Oasis class.  I think the spacing is well planned out.

19 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

I do love Freedom class.  But after sailing 3 times on Oasis class, I did a 4 day on Independence and immediately asked "who shrunk the Promenade" when I got on.  I don't feel Oasis class is any more crowded than Freedom class.  I did sail on a B2B on Odyssey in February and believe it would feel very crowded at full capacity rather than the 60% we sailed at.  I guess I will find out next year when I do Quantum to Alaska.  But don't worry about crowds from Freedom to Oasis class.  I think the spacing is well planned out.

Been sailing almost nothing but Oasis class for years and feel the same way about it not being crowded b/c there are so many different locations spread out. And we only sail in the summers when it's full.

Going on an Indy B2B soon for a few reasons. Very interested to see how I feel about Freedom class now. We loved it back in the day, and Voyager class before that, but might feel differently now. Only one way to find out...

20 hours ago, AF-1 said:

What benefits do Diamond Plus get?

Best thing for me is 5 drinks a day (no need to purchase a drink program. also believe free laundry ( Im going on 9-12 night cruises, so that will help) Plus other things (free photo) that I have no use for.  Took me almost 20 years to get there. I'll take it. 

I only sail on pretty ships (externally) 🤭 ... so that lets Oasis Class (hideous, overgrown looking tubs)  and Quantum Class (just clunky and ungainly looking, especially the stern)...  also not a fan of Vision class (also an ugly stern section and the weirdly placed Viking Crown lounge).. though I have been on Enchantment once and that was a decent cruise.  

The rest in the RC fleet  (IMO) are very pretty .. love the Freedom, Vision and Radiance classes and I've been on all 3.   Also loved the Sovereign Class . . such an elegant, clean design.

When I'm in port looking over at "our" ship, I like being proud of the one I'm going back to.   I know I'm gonna get flamed .. so .. fire away!  Lol

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

I only sail on pretty ships (externally) 🤭 ... so that lets Oasis Class (hideous, overgrown looking tubs)  and Quantum Class (just clunky and ungainly looking, especially the stern)...  also not a fan of Vision class (also an ugly stern section and the weirdly placed Viking Crown lounge).. though I have been on Enchantment once and that was a decent cruise.  

The rest in the RC fleet  (IMO) are very pretty .. love the Freedom, Vision and Radiance classes and I've been on all 3.   Also loved the Sovereign Class . . such an elegant, clean design.

When I'm in port looking over at "our" ship, I like being proud of the one I'm going back to.   I know I'm gonna get flamed .. so .. fire away!  Lol

No 🔥🔥, just a different perspective. Of the approximately 165 hours I am on a cruise during a 7 day voyage,  I figure I’m looking at the outside for maybe 2 of them. I am more interested in the inside. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2