Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The Bride and I are booked on the 11 day Southern Caribbean leaving 9/23/19...looking forward to it, first time on Celebrity...have a hump balcony cabin on Deck 9...I hope they don't cut off too much for the plebeians either...

We are on the hump on the same cruise on deck 7, we will wave up to you 😄

1 minute ago, yorky said:

We are on the hump on the same cruise on deck 7, we will wave up to you 😄

We are on the 10 night Southern itinerary before u on the hump deck 6🤣🤣....I'll be sure to post my review 😎🍹🛳️

1 hour ago, lovescarborough said:

Does anyone know if Murano is staying put ? This is our favourite restaurant for several visits per cruise. 

I sure hope so.   It is usually the  only Specialty that we dine in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovescarborough said:

Does anyone know if Murano is staying put ? This is our favourite restaurant for several visits per cruise. 

I have not heard anything.  I agree with you.  I would think they would keep Murano.  Although the Tucsan Grill has a perfect location, we still love Murano.

25 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Have you ever tried the Lawn Grill?

Done the Lawn Grill an was somewhat happy with it.    The evening we chose was not the best as it was cold and we were given blankets to wrap up in.   We are not big eaters and found the food delicious but about 5x the amount we could eat.  Having food piled high on a plate has a tendency to turn us off.  

I believe that the reason we enjoy Murano's so much is that continental portions have a tendency to be on the smaller size.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would not expect to see any new ones added.   I've heard that they will be adding additional Sky Suites -  probably to match Reflections that holds 100 more passengers than the other S-Class ships with most of those being Sky Suites. 

I would think since they aren't to my knowledge creating anymore space they will be taking spaces away from other area similar to the Reflection and Signature Suites.   

That was‘t on the planned rooms that I saw,. The only extra cabins were the 6 on deck 14. Must try and refine the info I read and post it.

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Done the Lawn Grill an was somewhat happy with it.    The evening we chose was not the best as it was cold and we were given blankets to wrap up in.   We are not big eaters and found the food delicious but about 5x the amount we could eat.  Having food piled high on a plate has a tendency to turn us off.  

I believe that the reason we enjoy Murano's so much is that continental portions have a tendency to be on the smaller size.  

I get totally turned off with large plates of food.  However that was not our experience with the Lawn Club.  A bite of flat bread, fillet, vegi skewer and a shared potato were fine for us.  We try to book on an overnight to avoid the cool breeze.  Murano's is still our favorite restaurant on Celebrity and hope it stays on the S class ships.

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim, what you are served at the Lawn Club Grill is really up to you. You could just have a (wonderful) skewer and a side. If you are still hungry, order more or something else. Or just a steak.  My advice is never to fill up on the flatbread to start (or not order any at all). 

You should have seen me the first of the nights we ate there on the TA. I was completely wrapped up in a blanket— totally around my head, it was so windy. Much better later in the cruise.  We really love the Lawn Club. 

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Jim, what you are served at the Lawn Club Grill is really up to you. You could just have a (wonderful) skewer and a side. If you are still hungry, order more or something else. Or just a steak.  My advice is never to fill up on the flatbread to start (or not order any at all). 

You should have seen me the first of the nights we ate there on the TA. I was completely wrapped up in a blanket— totally around my head, it was so windy. Much better later in the cruise.  We really love the Lawn Club. 

Wonder if we were on the same TA.   We ate there the evening we were passing the Straights of Gibraltar.   I believe we were one of 3 tables that evening.   It was freezing.  

I will have to avoid the flatbread and salad bar on our next visit.   I think I ordered the Lamb and they brought a full rack and tossed on some sausage and steak also even though I had not ordered.   

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would not expect to see any new ones added.   I've heard that they will be adding additional Sky Suites -  probably to match Reflections that holds 100 more passengers than the other S-Class ships with most of those being Sky Suites. 

I would think since they aren't to my knowledge creating anymore space they will be taking spaces away from other area similar to the Reflection and Signature Suites.   

Just for discussion sake, I thought they might add The Lawn Club Grill.  The Hot Glass "Class" cannot be making that much revenue for the space it occupies.

I also don't think they can add the additional Sky Suites that are on Reflection.  The Reflection has an additional "middle deck" for lack of other words on Deck 15 and that moved the pool up to deck 14, whereas the pool on Equinox is on 12 (there being no deck 13).  Unless they can slice the ship horizontally and slip a whole deck in, I don't think that will work.  Just my thoughts, to be dissected by others.

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I get totally turned off with large plates of food.  However that was not our experience with the Lawn Club.  A bite of flat bread, fillet, vegi skewer and a shared potato were fine for us.  We try to book on an overnight to avoid the cool breeze.  Murano's is still our favorite restaurant on Celebrity and hope it stays on the S class ships.

But no cookie for dessert?   They are a nice treat..if you don't fill up on  too many carbs!

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wonder if we were on the same TA.   We ate there the evening we were passing the Straights of Gibraltar.   I believe we were one of 3 tables that evening.   It was freezing.  

We were both on the Silhouette TA out of Southampton this past November.   That really cold wind in the North Atlantic.  :classic_smile:

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You may need to expand your search from S1 to S2.    The corner ones are usually S1.   The only difference is usually just location. 

There are a bunch of S2's on Deck 12  2114-2137   and corners S1  2146 and 2151

Deck 11 -   S2  1621-1650  and 2 aft 1665 and 1667   S1 Corners 1666 and  1663

Deck 7, 8, 9 and 10   Just the two aft corner cabins S1

There's currently 44 Sky Suites of both type -  I believe 12 are S1's   

Thanks. I think all the deck 11 rooms were unavailable. We ended up on deck 12, and we are ok, we have dealt with noise before. We are going to keep an eye out for changes between now and final payment.

i hope they add restaurants. We were on that same TA with Turtle and with you, Silhouette has more specialty choices, plus adding Petit Chef is not exactly like adding a restaurant

I watched the " revolution" of  the old Millenium- and really liked what i saw. But just adding new cabins in a fromer public space and reducing the use of outdoor space for non suite guests is not really a great " revolution"- it just brings more money for X- maybe that´s what they mean with " revolution"!

6 hours ago, Pier290 said:

Did u hear anything else about Equinox at your M&G? 

Like Jim_Iain says, we were told that all of the cabins would be redone. I am pretty sure they said they'd all be "replaced," but that doesn't make much sense.

We'll be on Equinox again in about a month (yay!), so I'll pay closer attention to what's mentioned this time.

16 hours ago, Pier290 said:

Did u hear anything else about Equinox at your M&G? 

I know they are redoing the Sunset Bar, on our last Equinox cruise in December , there was about a half dozen people (assume contractors) with clipboards , discussing and pointing. I asked and one commented they were discussing the revamp in May.

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I will have to avoid the flatbread and salad bar on our next visit.   I think I ordered the Lamb and they brought a full rack and tossed on some sausage and steak also even though I had not ordered.   

You are so right about the amount of food.  We had unlimited specialty dining on our recent Silhouette Cruise.  On our last visit to the Lawn Grill, my wife and I shared a flat bread.  We love the flatbread pizza at the Lawn Grill.  

She had a side order of Lobster Mac and Cheese as her main course.   I had a delicious jerk rubbed NY Strip that was prepared a perfect medium rare with his sides.  

If we were paying full price, it would not have been worth the money for what little we ate.  We found that having the unlimited speciality dining (came with our cabin category) resulted in us ordering less items at most of the Speciality dining venues.  It also helps when you visit more than once on a cruise.

Our first visit, I had a salad, part of a flatbread, lamb chops, a side of corn, and the famous warm cookie with ice cream. Stuffed.

14 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Just for discussion sake, I thought they might add The Lawn Club Grill.  The Hot Glass "Class" cannot be making that much revenue for the space it occupies.

I also don't think they can add the additional Sky Suites that are on Reflection.  The Reflection has an additional "middle deck" for lack of other words on Deck 15 and that moved the pool up to deck 14, whereas the pool on Equinox is on 12 (there being no deck 13).  Unless they can slice the ship horizontally and slip a whole deck in, I don't think that will work.  Just my thoughts, to be dissected by others.

Really good point.    It is possible to slip in a section to stretch a ship but I think the chances of that are slim as you stated.    

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Jim, Thanks for starting this thread an the info.  I think you are quickly becoming the Center of Expertise on the Revolution of the Celebrity fleet

Thanks for the kind words.   I am by no means an expert but am enjoying being a side chair sailor while anxiously awaiting my next cruise.