Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tomorrow is my moms surgery day. I have to have her there by 11am for the 2pm procedure. Spent part of the day preparing her retirement home room, on zoom class and work emails. Hopefully tomorrow will be quieter, overall. 

Thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery for your Mom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Mary. My recovery is not quite as expected... it is "undulating"... not a linear track to full recovery. Most of the days I have the feeling of a very light fever, and sometimes -- a headache in the "background"....

Dani, that sounds similar to how mine went.  Hang in there, it gets better. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

So many people to respond to here-

Bonnie- So glad that you are home,getting ready to move to a new home. Keep up the good recovery and take care of yourself. Soon, your grandchildren will be bringing you hugs and happy times. I wish the best to you and your hubby with the move and hoping for good days for both of you.💐

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you so much. Kids and grands are the best medicine for sure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We really enjoyed the Royal Mews.   Seeing the carriages up close and all the detail is amazing.   

Pre covid we always tried to stay in London for a few days each year and see the sights and go to the theater. Its only about 40 miles to central London but we rarely go there.  I shall have to put Royal Mews on our must see list 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Luckynana and @mets07 I read your posts about Breezy Point. A dear friend,Madge Reilly would spend Summers their with her son and daughter for many years. Her maiden name was Sullivan,I think. Do either one of you recall Madge or her family?  It is a long shot, but sometimes,it is a small world.😉

Wishng all posting here,good days,good health,good travels,good celebrations,good times.

Take care everyone !!

MJ🙋🏻

Hi MJ, I did not know her or her family. Great name, though. ☘️

41 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Pre covid we always tried to stay in London for a few days each year and see the sights and go to the theater. Its only about 40 miles to central London but we rarely go there.  I shall have to put Royal Mews on our must see list 

Yes, definitely a must see.    We really enjoyed seeing the horses and especially enjoyed seeing the Gold State Coach (recently brought out for the Queen's Jubilee).    

There is an area where you can select some costumes from their Livery to put on and board a carriage for photos (most children sizes but some adult sizes too).     I have a couple photos I have to find of Eric dressed up as a Footman.   

When we were last in London we stayed at the Rubens at Buckingham Palace and the view from our room was the Royal Mews.   I enjoyed watching out our window all the activity as they are responsible for all the cars for the Royals too.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you so much. Kids and grands are the best medicine for sure.

How are you feeling today after being back home and hopefully able to sleep in your own bed?      Please do not overdue with packing, sorting, etc.  🥰

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

He could have been excellent but he told too many lies and they finally caught up with him.

Based on news that I follow on BBC.    When he was first voted in I thought he looked like a great choice.    Grant it he had many obstacles the last couple of years (as the world still has) but he did make far too many mistakes/lies (some big ones too!) that people can longer accept and look the other way.   

• Like 1

After our morning learning about pigs yesterday, we went on a hike. 

I really have to figure out why I am losing some detail in a picture like this

DB3048C3-CB1C-44EB-9F21-34191337DE92.thumb.jpeg.5cd480baf9dba40544cdf2f1c7f253ad.jpeg

The kids studied where some turtle eggs had once been. 

9CBA8FF1-BCB6-4985-BD77-E67C93DD426A.thumb.jpeg.71883d1c1403f560d444d5b6b5228f11.jpeg

They did manage to see a couple good size snapping turtles, but the water was too cloudy for a picture.  Sometimes you need to walk the plank to find them. 

C779BF70-5A1E-4BCE-A266-C735F32F7B19.thumb.jpeg.ecbba89c83bdd5e0df2b9362f6e25a57.jpeg

Then the hike back for a trip to have some Japanese hibachi for supper. 

EDD60171-5377-496C-B38C-31B449E46568.thumb.jpeg.e7d853b85a95ba18b77ac0145b2f9c6d.jpeg

• Like 21

Now, today, we have already been to the library to pick up more books.  Grandson is enrolled in a summer reading program, and he is reading 5-7 books a week.  I always say it is good to cultivate their reading early. 

Did a 3k walk in the park, and now the boat is hitched up to spend an afternoon on the lake. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

New Show coming out this Fall on CBS called  "The REAL Love Boat"

Looks like they are trying something to compete with Below Deck. Interesting I read that BD Chief Stew Hannah Ferrier is coming onto the show as a crew member. I'll check it out. Should have some good scenery in the Caribbean.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Andrew, thinking of your mom

🤞 🙏

@MJSailors

Thank you, Mary. My recovery is not quite as expected... it is "undulating"... not a linear track to full recovery. Most of the days I have the feeling of a very light fever, and sometimes -- a headache in the "background"....

@sgmn

Sue, I see that Molly is keeping a safe "social distancing" from the pup...😉

Take care Dani.

Prayers 🙏 for a full recovery and quickly.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I seem to be having trouble quoting, but about your son’s dog pulling… I’m not sure how you feel about this, but a training collar works. I’m in much the same position- I am looking after my son’s German Shepherd until Christmas. Thor does listen to and obey James, but I was having trouble going for walks with him. It doesn’t help that he weighs 100 lbs. James agreed to this.

So- the training collar,also known as a shock collar- he wears it, and very occasionally (like once on a 30 minute walk) I press the button, he shakes his neck, and we resume having a nice walk. It has made a huge difference. It’s not terribly powerful, the dog is not seizing or anything like that. 

I don’t like pressing the button, however, he’s much safer if he can be well behaved.

We actually went into Petsmart this week, and he was well behaved. 6 weeks ago, that seemed impossible. That reminds me, it’s time for walkkies!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MJSailors said:

So many people to respond to here-

Bonnie- So glad that you are home,getting ready to move to a new home. Keep up the good recovery and take care of yourself. Soon, your grandchildren will be bringing you hugs and happy times. I wish the best to you and your hubby with the move and hoping for good days for both of you.💐

Mimi- What a wonderful birthday celebration for you! I tell my friends,don’t count the candles,but be sure to celebrate ! You did it up great with your hubby and friends. Wishing you many happy days in the year ahead.🎉

Andrew and John and Lala- Wishing good outcomes for your loved ones’ surgeries tomorrow. Both Mom and Feliix’s Mom have good people to support them. Love and care contribute so much for a person’s recovery.🤗🤗

Dani- I see that you have been posting which ,to me,means that you are feeling better. I hope this is the case. 💐

Lenny- I get days mixed up too. On the 4th of July,I kept thinking it was Sunday. Maybe because it was a holiday. I mentioned it to my friend’s son’s girlfriend who is fifteen. She said she was thinking the same thing. When she said that,I didn’t feel quite so “old”!🙄

Graham- I was blessed to have parents who taught me so much by their loving and generous spirits. So many lessons learned by just watching them and how they lived their lives. I lost my Dad to Alzheimer’s disease when I was twenty- seven. My Mom lived to age ninety-three. ❤️❤️

I also want to express my thoughts of the present Queen Elizabeth. She was so young when the responsibility to her country was placed upon her. She has been a strong woman and has experienced so much during her ninety-six years. She is a prime example of the Greatest Generation. Unfortunately, leaders today seem to lack the level of  her standard of responsibility and dedication to their offices.

@Luckynana and @mets07 I read your posts about Breezy Point. A dear friend,Madge Reilly would spend Summers their with her son and daughter for many years. Her maiden name was Sullivan,I think. Do either one of you recall Madge or her family?  It is a long shot, but sometimes,it is a small world.😉

Wishng all posting here,good days,good health,good travels,good celebrations,good times.

Take care everyone !!

MJ🙋🏻

The world is very small.I have connections with several people who post on CC

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I really have to figure out why I am losing some detail in a picture like this

DB3048C3-CB1C-44EB-9F21-34191337DE92.thumb.jpeg.5cd480baf9dba40544cdf2f1c7f253ad.jpeg

Maybe slightly overexposed?  There is a lot of light reflecting off of the white flower.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yeap,  I was answering your first post and managing others expectations. A lot of people who watch it think it all true its so well written, interweaving the story with true events .

I didn't watch it for some time because of this, but then got hooked. Its very interesting going back to the early days of our Queens reign and seeing all those important historic events.  The last series felt a bit raw and personal because its so recent.

Having said that I'm looking forward to the next (and last?) Series 

Note.. I didn't mean to imple that you or Laura thinks that it's real 

The real parts actually showed a lot of history I never knew about. Fascinating stuff

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe slightly overexposed?  There is a lot of light reflecting off of the white flower.

I agree.  The white flower is "blown out".  There are a few ways to handle this.

1. Touch the screen to focus on the white part of the flower.  This should expose the flower properly and maintain detail in the flower, but might cause the shadow areas to be dark and lose detail.

2. Use the High Dynamic Range (HDR) function.  This will take a few different pictures in a row very quickly at different exposure settings (e.g. one so that the highlights are good, one so the mid-tones are good, and one so the shadows are good) and stitch the good parts together into a single photo.  On your phone, HDR may turn on automatically when needed (and therefore might not have helped with that particular shot) or you may need manually activate it for specific scenes.

3.  This is what I do.  Shoot in RAW format.  This saves all of the raw data from the sensor so that you can manually adjust the photo later.  If you save a photo in .jpg format, the camera photo software will do a bunch of things to your picture to adjust exposure, color, sharpening, etc. to what it thinks is a pleasing result.  I'd rather do it myself since the camera sometimes won't get it right, or I may want a more "creative" look than the camera's middle of the road approach.  The 2 big downsides to this approach is that raw files take up more storage space and you need to spend time "playing" with the photo in software like Lightroom afterwards.  Much easier to save in .jpg format and have the photo instantly available for sharing/posting.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughter and family returned from their cruise today.My 18 year old granddaughter has Covid.She said she was fine on the ship.

Sorry to hear your 18 year old granddaughter has covid Lenny.

Prayers 🙏 for a complete recovery for her.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like they are trying something to compete with Below Deck. Interesting I read that BD Chief Stew Hannah Ferrier is coming onto the show as a crew member. I'll check it out. Should have some good scenery in the Caribbean.

I have never been a fan of " reality dating shows" but will definitely check out this Fall.    

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughter and family returned from their cruise today.My 18 year old granddaughter has Covid.She said she was fine on the ship.

Sorry to hear she has covid.   Hopefully mild symptoms with quick recovery.     Also hope that everyone else remains okay.     

I hope they had a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

So did my friend and her husband .  And , they flew home contagious most probably because they only showed symptoms two days , later .  People are getting more casual dealing with this bug .   

I hope , your granddaughter recovers quickly , Lenny. 

My husband just left for PT and only the 4th at the medical offices . This appointment was optional. His recovery was much easier than Greg’s . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 4

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear she has covid.   Hopefully mild symptoms with quick recovery.     Also hope that everyone else remains okay.     

I hope they had a wonderful cruise.

Thanks,Debbie.They had a wonderful cruise to celebrate their 25th.wedding anniversary.My daughter,her husband and other daughter cancelled their plans for this coming weekend.The party to celebrate the anniversary will be later this month.

• Like 3