Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Have a deck 7 bump out Cabin on Hold (12 nighter( $4076)..............afts were $1500 more, just didn't think it was worth that much extra for an aft  Going through the Fjords, you will get the view from other side of ships when leaving the fjords............ Looking for cabin locations now for Equinox.

Aaah the Equinox......my other residence!🤣
My absolute personal favorites: Deck 8 slant balconies.
AQ class cabins are not in a great locations.
Do not like the aft cabins on this ship.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Arzeena Thank you.

My DH and I have never sailed with RCCL. I started reading Dani’s thread during the Covid lockdown and found it to be like a neighborhood with folks sharing their everyday lives. Almost three years later, I continue to enjoy the postings which now include cruising and vacation experiences.

We have the most loyalty level with Princess, though we have sailed with Celebrity,NCL and Cunard. We began cruise vacations with the Big Red Boat around 1987.

Apparently everyone has a doppelgänger. Maybe you met my double on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Wishing you a lovely holiday !

MJ🙋🏻

😁Probably! They say we all have doubles somewhere in the world!🤣

We have sailed Celebrity and NCL too. Not been on Cunard.

Have a lovely holiday.

• Like 1

It must be a heat wave here.  

BC019876-F500-44B2-80D5-4EF28252806D.thumb.jpeg.563c008f73f95423165effb4146d5e6d.jpeg

Ready to get on the road to Ft. Lauderdale today.  I have decided not to predict an arrival time today. 🤣

I was just reading that Pittsburgh will have a high of 9° today, and who knows how cold at game time tonight.  In spite of a 6-8 record, I think the stadium will be filled.  It is 50 years since the “Immaculate Reception” by Franco Harris, and they plan a ceremony as they retire #32.  It is sad that he passed away a couple days ago. 

• Like 9

Just now, h20skibum said:

It must be a heat wave here.  

BC019876-F500-44B2-80D5-4EF28252806D.thumb.jpeg.563c008f73f95423165effb4146d5e6d.jpeg

Ready to get on the road to Ft. Lauderdale today.  I have decided not to predict an arrival time today. 🤣

I was just reading that Pittsburgh will have a high of 9° today, and who knows how cold at game time tonight.  In spite of a 6-8 record, I think the stadium will be filled.  It is 50 years since the “Immaculate Reception” by Franco Harris, and they plan a ceremony as they retire #32.  It is sad that he passed away a couple days ago. 

The Bill's/ Bear's game today in Chicago is suppose to be colder then that............The conditions are going to be so bad ticket prices have dropped to $10 per ticket.

• Like 3

To all those sports fans our local news (WKBN) shared a story (We live halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland) and have die hard fans for both the Steelers and the Browns.

If you want to go to the Browns game tickets are now $5.

If you want to go to the Steelers game tickets are now $10.

Guess it is toooo cold for the Die hard loyals.

But, I would never go, although the spouse did venture to Cleveland years ago when it was bitterly cold when they were in contention to go the furthest they have ever gone, before they were eliminated.

I never knew he could layer so much clothes, long johns, sweats x 2 Parka, gloves, boots full face covering hat, ear muffs.  Yup, should have taken a picture.

But me just bravely going out to church tonight is good enough.

Of course we will start the car to get it warm and DH will drop me off at the door, and then go get the car and pick me up.

Take care

Stay warm.

• Like 9

Merry Christmas to all on this board🎄.

It is 5 degrees here in Southeast Michigan and still very windy!  We didn't end up getting anywhere near the snow that was predicted from this crazy storm, so I am grateful for that!  Tomorrow DH, DS and I are flying to Scottsdale for the week to play golf and explore.  We made these plans in late September and added onto the trip after Thanksgiving so we could go to the Fiesta Bowl, as DH and DS are big UofM fans.  I root for that team in Columbus 😆, but am still going as I am an unabashed sporting junkie and it should be fun.  My DH told my DS that I could be the refreshment getter.  I told him I was going to wear neutral colors but now I am thinking of wearing purple!  Amazingly we do all get along except for one day of the year (which was not good for me the past 2).  We will watch my "game" against GA in our hotel room.  I am not that hopeful, but you never know 🤷‍♀️ .

May all of your holidays be wonderful and 2023 be the best!

Jennifer

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Reason? Privacy? Why Deck 8?

For me Deck 8 is kind of the "deck 6 of the Anthem" easy spot to go up or down. High enough and low enough to climb up from deck 2 or 3 skipping elevator rush from port days.

Aft balconies...most on decks  6,7, 8, 9, 10 are connecting cabins. They are connected from outside not inside. That is what I saw on the cabin crawl, I have not personally stayed in that and would not like to.

Aft 11 has a few that are not connecting.

Aft 12 is right under the Windjammer open seating area.
If we are going with a balcony, my first choice is always a deck 8 slant balcony, which is huge.

Of course, this is personal preference, others may have different preferences.

HBE are you taking notes? 😁or was it the Anthem that you were thinking of. Quizz will be given.🤣

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

For me Deck 8 is kind of the "deck 6 of the Anthem" easy spot to go up or down. High enough and low enough to climb up from deck 2 or 3 skipping elevator rush from port days.

Aft balconies...most on decks  6,7, 8, 9, 10 are connecting cabins. They are connected from outside not inside. That is what I saw on the cabin crawl, I have not personally stayed in that and would not like to.

Aft 11 has a few that are not connecting.

Aft 12 is right under the Windjammer open seating area.
If we are going with a balcony, my first choice is always a deck 8 slant balcony, which is huge.

Of course, this is personal preference, others may have different preferences.

HBE are you taking notes? 😁or was it the Anthem that you were thinking of. Quizz will be given.🤣

Does Celebrity has both non refundable and non refundable rates like Royal?

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

🎶It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 🎶

Hope everybody managed to get where they wanted to be for Christmas and your holiday plans are going well.

Ham cooked yesterday. Today prep the turkey and veggies, make a chocolate log for pud, and make our traditional Christmas Eve lasagne for tonight.  Looking forward to hearing the traditional nine lessons and carols on the radio this afternoon whilst I finish up last minute tasks and then...... relax 🥂

Wishing everyone on Dani's lovely thread a Very Happy Christmas if you celebrate and Happy Holidays if you don't 20221223_152833.thumb.jpg.bc0348d1a492a938bc155f21a0b2cb54.jpg

What a lovely, inviting table and tree.  I learned from Emma Cruises on you tube that "pudding" in the UK means dessert.

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

You really do MJ. It is absolutely beautiful. I wish our house looked as lovely as yours. 

Every house is lovely when it's filled with love.  I bet yours is the same.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Does Celebrity has both non refundable and non refundable rates like Royal?

Yes, it does. I assume, Jim, that you have also Elite status on X. If so, you're eligible to one free upgrade.

BTW, I've found the concierge for Concierge class very valuable. I don't care for the embarkation lunch, since I like the variety of the buffet. For the small tastings in the afternoon, we asked for fruits.

Thanks to @wrk2cruise

1296926844_CCOneCatUpgrade.jpg.2ae393da31d331ebb306e76aad19f7a9.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
Concierge class very valuable
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, it does. I assume, Jim, that you have also Elite status on X. If so, you're eligible to one free upgrade.

BTW, I've found the concierge for Concierge class very valuable. I don't care for the embarkation lunch, since I like the variety of the buffet. For the small tastings in the afternoon, we asked for fruits.

Thanks to @wrk2cruise

1296926844_CCOneCatUpgrade.jpg.2ae393da31d331ebb306e76aad19f7a9.jpg

Charts are confusing since I don't see the DV Category

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Was minus 3 here last night, warming up nicely now to 1 degree. 😉

Next weekend in the high 50's😎

We were below zero but Thursday forcast a high of 63⁰ low 54⁰.  Crazy swings in weather.

Last night I stumbled walking into my BIL's house while carrying a cooler.  Water spilled out and in less than a minute froze on the porch. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Charts are confusing since I don't see the DV Category

I assume it is because we're talking about 2024.

The one category upgrade can only be done by phone/email, either with Celebrity or your TA. You can't do it online by yourself.

AT the time of booking, not AFTER.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I made it home two days ago after a long stint away and yesterday SIL and GS and I got to go skiing.  It was my first time up this year and I was pretty nervous. Thankfully the my knee held up pretty well with only occasional twinges of pain.  I stuck to intermediate runs and didn't do anything particularly silly and had a great time.  I know that weight loss would help a lot but sadly I just can't seem to discipline myself.  I've promised DW that after Christmas I'll try again.  I've got two cruises booked in the near future and cruises usually derail my dieting plan.

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.eb205301f190843f4176c467849325ea.jpeg

IMG_0405.thumb.jpeg.717af90e05c44c9c087a8ff7908e8561.jpeg

Anyhow, Christmas is upon us.  We are going to Texas De Brazil for Christmas Eve dinner with friends and then joining my daughter in-laws and all of my son in-law's family at my daughter and son in-laws house for a few festivities which will already be well underway when we arrive back from dinner.

Tomorrow we'll spend the morning with the kids, go to church and then I head for a flight to Vancouver to see my sister and Grand nephew.

It's a busy couple of days.

Merry Christmas to all. Whether you celebrate or not, I hope that 2023 is a great year and that whatever your passion is, you live it to its fullest and that every dream is fulfilled.

Dave

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Arzeena Thank you.

My DH and I have never sailed with RCCL. I started reading Dani’s thread during the Covid lockdown and found it to be like a neighborhood with folks sharing their everyday lives. Almost three years later, I continue to enjoy the postings which now include cruising and vacation experiences.

We have the most loyalty level with Princess, though we have sailed with Celebrity,NCL and Cunard. We began cruise vacations with the Big Red Boat around 1987.

Apparently everyone has a doppelgänger. Maybe you met my double on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Wishing you a lovely holiday !

MJ🙋🏻

We have friends who have only cruised with Princess.We have been on 6 cruise lines but never Princess.