Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Sea Dog said:

That saved you some money. I was blessed to work for a ABC affiliate. Since Disney owned ABC I could get Complimentary passes for all 3 times we took our son. I hear they don’t do that anymore.

Definitely saved some money.  Every year we did 2 days at a park and the other 5 on a beach or other outings.  Once the kids were 10 we started cruising and haven't looked back.  We have tacked on Universal to a short March break cruise or our Christmas sailing but iys been a few years since we've done that. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That saved you some money. I was blessed to work for a ABC affiliate. Since Disney owned ABC I could get Complimentary passes for all 3 times we took our son. I hear they don’t do that anymore.

My cousin worked at Disney, and could bring a guest into the Park for free, unless there was a new ride they were promoting at that time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Buffalo didn't seem to have their heart in it today.

They looked pitiful , Bengals were by far the superior team today , I think losing there offensive coordinator to Giants and injury to Von Miller hurt . At least our favorite bartender is happy he was born and raised in Cincinnati.

17 minutes ago, derorim said:

And apparently there are people willing to wait in line that long?   That's hard to comprehend.  

Agree. We were there early nineties, and the longest wait displayed was 40 mins, which, at the time, it was already too much for us. And hot ....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

As far as the name, reallyitsmema, I used to play on an online gaming site under the name Itsme.  Not too creative with names, but it worked.  When I joined a different site, that name was taken so I tried Reallyitsme, which was also taken.  I added the MA for Massachusetts, which is where we live and Reallyitsmema was available.  Over the years, it has morphed into people calling me Mema because it is shorter to type.  

I love hearing the back stories on screen names.  

Mine goes back to the beginning of time (well, internet time) when I had to pick a user name for a website.  Nobody really knew what user names were yet back in the 90s, so the website suggested using hobbies or physical characteristics as a starting point.  My hair resembles a rusted out Brillo soap pad (steel wool), so I came up with "brillohead" and nobody else had chosen that yet, so that's what I am. 

On a cruise, I'm as likely to be called Debbi as I am Brillo, and I'm fine with it.  Trust me, I've been called MUCH worse than Brillo!  😉

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree. We were there early nineties, and the longest wait displayed was 40 mins, which, at the time, it was already too much for us. And hot ....

We took the kids around then, longest line was for Dumbo

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Mine goes back to the beginning of time (well, internet time) when I had to pick a user name for a website.  Nobody really knew what user names were yet back in the 90s, so the website suggested using hobbies or physical characteristics as a starting point.  My hair resembles a rusted out Brillo soap pad (steel wool), so I came up with "brillohead" and nobody else had chosen that yet, so that's what I am. 

On a cruise, I'm as likely to be called Debbi as I am Brillo, and I'm fine with it.  Trust me, I've been called MUCH worse than Brillo!  😉

AOL name started out as LuckPoolBoy, and next iteration was LaLaPoolBoy.  Then I found this in 2005 and became John&LaLa.

Odd thing is, Laura didn't embrace LaLa unti our grandson was born a few years later.

She went full LaLa in spring 2017 when she retired. 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Splash Mountain.......220 minute wait line.

We have a Lightning Lane pass for 4pm.

Here is a picture of the wait time  you never see again.

20230122_152825.jpg

20230122_152949.jpg

20230122_153120.jpg

20230122_152904.jpg

Almost 4 hr wait time...that's nuts!!!  How quick did lightning lane get you in.    Sorry to hear they are closing this ride.  I think we did it everytime we were there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks, Dani.  🙂  I decided to take a step back from posting for a while, kind of like a dry January but giving up posting instead of alcohol. 😄 

We have no cruises booked for the first time in a very long time.  We have looked at a few but the prices are crazy and airfares are as bad.  I hope to book something soon if I can find a price and a cabin I like.

As far as the name, reallyitsmema, I used to play on an online gaming site under the name Itsme.  Not too creative with names, but it worked.  When I joined a different site, that name was taken so I tried Reallyitsme, which was also taken.  I added the MA for Massachusetts, which is where we live and Reallyitsmema was available.  Over the years, it has morphed into people calling me Mema because it is shorter to type.  

Thanks again for thinking of me.  Happy belated 50th anniversary to you and your husband!  I did see the wonderful pictures you posted of your trip. 🙂 

Great to see you back! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@reallyitsmema

I don't know if it is -- "really" its me, ma.... or really its mema...

Anyhow, me, ma, mema -- we "really" miss your posts and are hoping you're doing lots of SBS2B3B cruises ☹️

Ironically,  I was just thinking of her recently. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We lucked out with avoiding Disney.  From the time the kids were 2 until they were 10 we would rent a condo in New Smyrna Beach every March break and do day trips, Disney, SeaWorld, Universal etc..we took the kids to Disney one year and then the next year asked if they wanted to go back and it was an emphatic No.  They wanted to go back to SeaWorld instead.  Disney was a one and done for us.  

We had learned, I think our 3rd trip to Disney, with our boys between 10 and 14 yrs old that they were bored with Disney.  They told us they enjoyed going on road trips and seeing new places much better than Disney.  

We were really happy to hear that as we also liked road trips and checking out new sites and learning all about them.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We paid about $1500 but we had $1300 worth of Disney Credit to use.so tickets cost us $200 out of pocket.....

Because of prices sad to say this will be our last time at Disney.

Several years ago, I took a bunch of old Park  Hopper passes with days left on them to Guest Services in Disney Springs and had them consolidated into two 5 day Park Hoppers plus a one day admission to all parks. 
We did a farewell tour and had a great time.
I think I’ll leave the one day all park ticket in an envelope and let my family raffle it off when I’m gone. 

Unless things have changed, unused tickets are good forever. 
if they are sold with an expiration date, different story. 

• Like 3

I’d say we’re the odd ones out re:Disney, but the park crowds tell a different story.  We took our kids every year starting in 1991, missing only two years (hello weddings & overlapping college years, lol) They all still love it and are now doing the same with their own kids.  They do take other vacations but Disney is just our nostalgic family vacation place.  For us it’s not even about the rides but about being together in a place with so many memories. Having the DVC membership allows us to bring the whole family every 18 months or so and staying in a 3 bedroom unit, which is what they all want - to be in the same space.  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I picked Jagsfan when I joined Cruise Critic in 2,000. 
The first person that commented on my post asked how old my Jaguar was. 
I told her I had more than 30, oldest around 35. 
She was so excited  I felt really bad telling her it was a football team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Equinox is my favorite ship. Cannot say why but it is just like that first born 🤣

We have a soft spot for her as well.  When Celebrity based her year round in Florida we started sailing her quite often.  In 2024 she moves to the Med and then South America.  Reflection will replace her in Ft. Lauderdale.  I love all S Class ships…and Reflection has the best Sunset Bar (IMHO) but X ruined my beloved Sky Lounge on her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We took the kids around then, longest line was for Dumbo

I used to run to Dumbo immediately upon park opening with my younger son... he was probably 2 ....  while my husband took off elsewhere with our other son who was about 3 years older. We would do the Dumbo ride at least two times in a row before the line got insane. 

• Like 4

Heading down to Hilton Head, SC. 

20230121_094827.thumb.jpg.211fdf9d5d1c588c969eaae2392e0ace.jpg

Plenty of leg room on JetBlue.

20230121_103256.thumb.jpg.93549964f8b1be7dbf4dca72876af3c3.jpg

And Buffalo Bill's Mafia is alive & well, plenty of flags flying in Bluffton,  SC, just outside Hilton Head. A few Bill's bars are nearby as well that we were planning on  going to visit but, well, day did not go as planned.  Sorry @bobmacliberty and @George C

20230122_125433.thumb.jpg.1f0c210e1467718c4adbc25e81c8896d.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Almost 4 hr wait time...that's nuts!!!  How quick did lightning lane get you in.    Sorry to hear they are closing this ride.  I think we did it everytime we were there.

Got right on with the Lightning Lane,about 10 minutes.

People had to say their goodbyes to the ride I guess...We would never stay in a line that long.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Only visited Disneyland once.  We did it in combo with Knott’s Berry Farm.  Back in the late 80s.  My biggest recollection from them was the churros.  First time we had eaten them.

I remember Knott's Berry Farm. We went there quite a few times when I was a child. I really wanted to pick up a chicken, so I did. And she peed all over me. 😄 We also enjoyed Marineland, Sea World, Disneyland and Universal. 

We still have 4 day park hopper tickets for Disney World. Non-expiring media. We will use them eventually. We still haven't been to Magic Kingdom. Too many kids, and no adult beverages. ☺️

• Like 6