Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm holding special positive thoughts of safety for Dani, Jack's sister and their families living in harm's way.

I'm seeing it building up too! We will be praying for Jack's sister and their families. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

One more electric vehicle post?

At the NY Auto Show, Dodge* was showing off their not-yet-released 2025 full-sized, electric RAM pickup truck. with an almost 700 mile range (better than most diesel trucks), that can haul 14,000 pounds (that more than most other pickups) and go from 0-60 in 4.4 seconds (faster than most exotic sports cars).

The secret to this magic is a V6 gas engine that powers a generator that charges the batteries that provide power to the electric motor.  . You can plug it in at night or take it to a charging station and when the batteries run dry, the gas engine will charge the battery.

Technically, it's not a hybrid as the gas engine  is not connected to the transmission/drive train so it doesn't drive the car, just recharges the batteries. But with a 700 mile range, that should satisfy the most ardent back country, off-road adventurers.

It's the best of both worlds. How real world production models perform is yet to be seen & I'm sure it will be outrageously expensive when it first comes out but with time, price may drop??? And of course, it will suffer the usual first year teething problems but it seems like a step in the right direction. 

* Officially, RAM is it's own brand, no longer under Dodge.   But they will always be Dodge to me.

• Like 3

@aussielozzie18

Right now our world is a very sad place. 
I read what happened in Sydney. 
There is a tremendous amount of anger everywhere, but you just don’t expect the fear for your life in a mall or grocery store. 
I was a child during WWII. 
We actually thought peace would be permanent after that. 
now it’s not only war, but people so filled with anger they feel compelled to strike out. 
I give thanks for the brave police officer who stopped the murderer. 
I pray the injured recover, especially the baby whose mother died. 
I pray for the souls of the victims, and for the people of Sydney and of the whole country that this doesn’t happen to you again. 
Somehow, good has to prevail over evil. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I still see many posts to Dani on here.  I never noticed what page # we were on but yesterday I remember the same posts were on two consecutive pages.  I never mentioned anything, thinking it's just a glitch that will work itself out.  Weird.

You're right, Bonnie.  Our posts to Dani are still there.

How are you and Jack doing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you

@Sunshine3601, @barbeyg, @grapau27 , @Ocean Boy, @h20skibum, @DaniDanielle and

@Ourusualbeach   Ken, should "something" happens to us, pls. cancel our cruises and my reservation at HI Express Cape Canaveral

I big thank you to Mr. President Biden for standing by us. He's a real "mensch".

It's after midnight and all around us people are awake. We're glued to the TV, if the air raid is sound, we're 2 seconds from our in house shelter. Hope it'll help....

Dani, we are praying for you, your family, and your country.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You're right, Bonnie.  Our posts to Dani are still there.

How are you and Jack doing?

Jack is worried but he has an amazing positive attitude. His sister is the same way.  We're fine, really.  Thanks everyone for your kind words for Jack's family in Israel.  And of course, for Dani and family.

We lived in Israel for 11 months when we were first married but times then were very different, relatively peaceful. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack is worried but he has an amazing positive attitude. His sister is the same way.  We're fine, really.  Thanks everyone for your kind words for Jack's family in Israel.  And of course, for Dani and family.

We lived in Israel for 11 months when we were first married but times then were very different, relatively peaceful. 

I just can't imagine what Jack's family and Dani and her family are going through.  Prayers and positive thoughts, Bonnie.❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

How real world production models perform is yet to be seen

This is going to be the big test. Lab tests and then how things work in the real world are too often significantly different.  Ford's Electric vehicle has been very poorly received.  It looks great and runs great but when you put it to work that's when it fails. When you start to haul the range decreases so significantly that the truck is useless.  A truck really isn't a truck if  you can't load the bed or pull a decent sized trailer.

It'll be interesting to read the reviews on some of the truck websites I visit once vehicle hits the streets.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate to continue this topic, but the good news is that the majority of drones were shot down, no deaths or injuries so far reported. Yes!

I'll try to limit further posts about "the situation".

Please honor us by posting as you are led. ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate to continue this topic, but the good news is that the majority of drones were shot down, no deaths or injuries so far reported. Yes!

I'll try to limit further posts about "the situation".

I just turned on the news & saw video of the Iron Dome at work. Impressive. 

Good news is always welcomed. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dear @BonTexasNY Bonnie and @dani negreanu Dani,

No deaths or injuries is certainly Good News and your (Jack’s) family and Dani’s family and friends will remain in our thoughts and prayers. 
Please don’t feel that you need to limit your posts. We’re all here for you.

Take care, 

Sue  🙏 (((❤️))) 🕊

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sending Jack and his family in Israel our prayers for their safety Bonnie.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES, RENEE!!!!!!    🎈  I hope you had a great day!!!!    🎈

Very Happy belated birthday wishes from me too  😊 @ReneeFLL

Edited by sgmn