New Look Cruise Critic ?

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

Refresh the page. Method varies by browser. 

I think they should have added a small arrow to collapse the signature section once expanded, but thanks anyway!

Edited by Ethanol95

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

I think they should have added a small arrow to collapse the signature section once expanded, but thanks anyway!

Signatures are back to being shorter the way they were prior to the last update. The Expand signature feature has returned. See the following thread:

14 hours ago, retafcruiser said:

Where do we complain officially?

As mentioned in the Guidelines, any quesions, comments, feedback or suggestions concerning management of the boards should be sent via email to community@cruisecritic.com and not discussed on the boards. Please send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your member name. 

Cruise Critic does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day. Therefore, the Community Manager LauraS states the following in the Guidelines:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

I hope this information will be helpful. emo34.gif 

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Kat said:

As mentioned in the Guidelines, any quesions, comments, feedback or suggestions concerning management of the boards should be sent via email to community@cruisecritic.com and not discussed on the boards. Please send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your member name. 

Cruise Critic does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day. Therefore, the Community Manager LauraS states the following in the Guidelines:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

I hope this information will be helpful. emo34.gif 

Very disappointed that this is the only way to get CC to pay attention to the comments

about this newer version. And surprised that all the comments above are going to go unnoticed and not responded to. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Like that will do any good. 

I don't like what they consider "better". I just knew when they posted that the site would be down they were going to do something that wasn't user friendly ! Just why do they have to mess things up when nothing really needed to be done !!!!!!!

Your post is the only one that has been easy for me to read. Posting in bold creates a much better contrast with the background.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

For me I always use my Android phone and it is easy to magnify the screen If necessary to make the words bigger.

As long as your willing to rotate the phone from portrait to landscape mode. I think that's a pain in the ass

• Like 1

For those who aren't aware, you can change the font size globally for all websites (not just CC).  For Edge and Chrome, it's the zoom setting under the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Ctrl + and Ctrl - will also zoom in/out respectively.  Not sure about other browsers but this should be in the settings.  I leave my browsers all set at 125% zoom.  Definitely helps all sites be more readable.  Play with various zoom settings to see what works for you as zooming will mean that you may need to scroll more to see content on a page.

Edit: Font size and contrast for the new CC format are fine for me (at 125% zoom) but I mostly view on a large, wide screen monitor, not a mobile device.

Edited by bobmacliberty

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

For those who aren't aware, you can change the font size globally for all websites (not just CC).  For Edge and Chrome, it's the zoom setting under the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Ctrl + and Ctrl - will also zoom in/out respectively.  Not sure about other browsers but this should be in the settings.  I leave my browsers all set at 125% zoom.  Definitely helps all sites be more readable.  Play with various zoom settings to see what works for you as zooming will mean that you may need to scroll more to see content on a page.

Edit: Font size and contrast for the new CC format are fine for me (at 125% zoom) but I mostly view on a large, wide screen monitor, not a mobile device.

Glad you've figured out how many hoops to jump through just to read CC. I don't think we should have to go to these measures for this public forum regardless of what device we use.

I use a desk top with a large monitor and it's a PIA with these supposedly "new and better" changes. Just who are they aiming to please with these...certainly not me.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks but I only need to change it for CC. How can I do that??

On 11/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, xpcdoojk said:

So, the only constant in life is change....  adapt or die...

Agree. Been on Cruise Critic since 1997, have to say most improvements have been for the better. How many still have AOL, which would still be required to log on to AOL's Cruise Critic if changes hadn't happened...

On 11/6/2020 at 6:59 AM, bobmacliberty said:

I already had the font size set at 125%.  The "new" 125% here on cruise critic is smaller than what that was.  Going to 150% just makes all the white space bigger and more spread out, causing the pages to be huge.

2 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I already had the font size set at 125%.  The "new" 125% here on cruise critic is smaller than what that was.  Going to 150% just makes all the white space bigger and more spread out, causing the pages to be huge.

I do have a request in regarding the font

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I do not mind change.... but when you look at a user activity you use to see what they had "liked"    now not shown........  I also noticed the post number. missing....  otherwise it is all ok

Not sure about the round avatars 

One thought that would be nice... it all uses have their country listed under avatar....

Cheers Don

• Like 1