New Look Cruise Critic ?

8 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

So, how do we turn it off?

You can turn them all off in your account settings or you can just block a specific poster's signature directly within the post by clicking the little arrow on the right side of the post directly above the signature.

Looks good. I like it. Other than the missing post number that I hope they put back, I think the sleek, modern look is an improvement on both my laptop and phone.

I wonder if the phone app will now support "night mode" like most other modern apps??

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I dint think you can shorten them, it’s either on or off. 

NOT an improvement, in my opinion. I liked the option to expand the sig if desired but I definitely do not want to hide all signatures. I may have to, though. So many, including mine, are long and the way it used to be was better, at least.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

NOT an improvement, in my opinion. I liked the option to expand the sig if desired but I definitely do not want to hide all signatures. I may have to, though. So many, including mine, are long and the way it used to be was better, at least.

I'll have to agree with you. Sometimes I like to see a persons sig.  I have my account setting to show all but then I will individually turn off the really long ones. Problem is, once you turn off an individual poster, there is no way to turn it back on.  😖

I am already tired of scrolling thru everyone's signature lines with lists of past and/or future cruises.    Don't take me wrong.   That is great to see all those sailings but I really don't want to see every time the person posts something.   I am now happy I never set up my signature line with any of that info.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Is it just me or is this a new look Cruise Critic?  I'm using Edge on my PC.

It changed this morning during an update.

My early impression is good on my Huawei Android Phone using Google Chrome.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am already tired of scrolling thru everyone's signature lines with lists of past and/or future cruises.    Don't take me wrong.   That is great to see all those sailings but I really don't want to see every time the person posts something.   I am now happy I never set up my signature line with any of that info.

You have the option to view or not view others past, future or anything else they add to their signature. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I was surprised to see the change.

Has anyone posted a picture yet to see if there is any difference?

I know I should have tried, but, if it doesn't go right I just thought it would be me, not CC.

Stay healthy.

Easy to post photos.

I like the post contraction if you are replying to a long post.

IMG_20200909_155718.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'll have to agree with you. Sometimes I like to see a persons sig.  I have my account setting to show all but then I will individually turn off the really long ones. Problem is, once you turn off an individual poster, there is no way to turn it back on.  😖

Just go into ignored users and turn it back on that way, easy peasy. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

How do I turn them off?  (Really annoying to have to look at 10" of ship names after a one-sentence post.)

Account Settings, Signature.  The same place where you enter your signature has a toggle to disable viewing other people's signatures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Account Settings, Signature.  The same place where you enter your signature has a toggle to disable viewing other people's signatures.

Thank you.   I just did that and happy it worked and it sounds like they just shortened the signature lines too.   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

How do I make the font size bigger when reading,thanks 

This varies from browser to browser - Safari has a text size widget that can be added to the menu.

Another thing to try is the control key + either the mouse scroll wheel, or the + and - buttons near the number pad. [or on a tablet, or with a touchpad just spreading the screen bigger]

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, retafcruiser said:

Where do we complain officially?

Like that will do any good. 

I don't like what they consider "better". I just knew when they posted that the site would be down they were going to do something that wasn't user friendly ! Just why do they have to mess things up when nothing really needed to be done !!!!!!!