Will this be for Princess or just Carnival?

rabin1

I live in South Florida and have been vaccinated and have travel insurance

BUT

tonight all over our news down here and on TV and on TV online was the following but they said for Carnival. Anyone not vaccinated has to buy insurance and have $10000 for illness and $30000 to take you back home.

Even if that is a fact for Princess still bodes the question of how will they know if you are or are not vaccinated? I have said before the simplest way for them to show proof is to upload the proof of vaccination on the Medallion App like we did our passport and photo

Kathy

• Thanks 1

I like it, presents safety measure for your fellow passengers if someone comes down with Covid. Thank your governor for his stand on not having to prove vaccination for cruising.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 5

As you are aware, Florida is different than any other cruise port.  

If you are vaccinated AND willing to show proof, then none of the other requirements are applicable.

If you prefer not to state that you are vaccinated then you will need to show proof of insurance and be subjected to COVID tests at your expense.  There will be other restrictions in place per cruise line.

I was just informed that you can upload your vaccination card to the Medallion Class app....BUT I can't do it.  I have the latest update but my screen goes white.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

As you are aware, Florida is different than any other cruise port.  

If you are vaccinated AND willing to show proof, then none of the other requirements are applicable.

If you prefer not to state that you are vaccinated then you will need to show proof of insurance and be subjected to COVID tests at your expense.  There will be other restrictions in place per cruise line.

I was just informed that you can upload your vaccination card to the Medallion Class app....BUT I can't do it.  I have the latest update but my screen goes white.

Are you aware LA County is going back to mask mandate??

But neither of you answered my question which is again if it is for Carnival do you think it will be for Princess?

Kathy

32 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

But neither of you answered my question which is again if it is for Carnival do you think it will be for Princess?

Kathy

As far as your question, I would guess yes but there is no way that anyone will know that answer. Maybe call and ask Princess?  Yes, the mask mandate starts this Sunday for LA County. They have not said anything about the surrounding counties yet.  Scary.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Kathy

For 2021 Princess is not allowing any unvaccinated passengers to sail.  Proof has to be provided and if not they will be denied boarding.  No children under 12 either as they cannot at this time be vaccinated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Anyone not vaccinated has to buy insurance and have $10000 for illness and $30000 to take you back home.

Those seem very small amounts. Insurance is compulsory for us Brits, and the level of cover would be in the millions of dollars/pounds.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sprocket said:

For 2021 Princess is not allowing any unvaccinated passengers to sail.  Proof has to be provided and if not they will be denied boarding.  No children under 12 either as they cannot at this time be vaccinated.

The Princess website does indicate that passengers "must" provide proof of vaccination.  The question is, how will this affect cruises from Florida?  Is Princess willing to pay the "up to $5000 per passenger" that Florida can issue if the cruise line requires proof?  Now that NCL has filed a law suite against the Florida law, I think Princess will sit back and see if the court makes a decision between now and their first scheduled cruise in late November.  In the mean time, those who have final payment due are stuck between do I pay it off and hope for the best or cancel and lose any extras I may have gotten with this cruise.  DW and I have a Nov 28th 2021 booked and got a great deal on the fare and a lot of extras, if we cancel before final payment on Aug 16th, we lose all the extras we received; if Princess cancels the cruise they have to provide a comparable cruise and all the extra go with it.  We'll hold out until Aug 15th and make our decision.  The cruise lines that are forcing passengers who don't want to provide proof of vaccination to buy insurance coverage and pay a higher fare are still subjecting their other passengers to people who are not vaccinated!  Do you want to be on a cruise ship with 10%, 15%, 20% or more of the passengers not vaccinated?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, whitecap said:

I have a Nov 28th 2021 booked and got a great deal on the fare and a lot of extras, if we cancel before final payment on Aug 16th, we lose all the extras we received; if Princess cancels the cruise they have to provide a comparable cruise and all the extra go with it.

sorry, but no ... Princess doesn't "have to" do anything other than refund your monies paid if they cancel

now, in the past, there have been different levels of compensation, cruise fare matching, etc

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

sorry, but no ... Princess doesn't "have to" do anything other than refund your monies paid if they cancel

now, in the past, there have been different levels of compensation, cruise fare matching, etc

On the Princess website, I don't recall where but believe it was in the FAQ section, Princess states that if they cancel a booked cruise they will offer a comparable cruise at the same fare as the cancelled cruise and all benefits, extra OBC, specialty dinning etc, will transfer to the comparable cruise.  Several of our friends have had this happen and that is exactly what has taken place.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rabin1 said:

BUT

tonight all over our news down here and on TV and on TV online was the following but they said for Carnival. Anyone not vaccinated has to buy insurance and have $10000 for illness and $30000 to take you back home.

Even if that is a fact for Princess still bodes the question of how will they know if you are or are not vaccinated? I have said before the simplest way for them to show proof is to upload the proof of vaccination on the Medallion App like we did our passport and photo

Kathy

I went into the Medallion app yesterday and under “health status” I answered a series of questions and then took a photo/uploaded of my CDC COVID-19 vaccine card to show proof of vaccination. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Kathy

As far as I know right now Princess is doing fully vaccinated cruises only. You have to show proof of vaccination.  They won’t be leaving from Port Everglades until mid November.  What will happen for the Caribbean cruise season is anybody’s guess.  Certainly Princess can not afford any negative publicity.

NCL has filed suit against the state for not allowing all pax to show proof of vaccination.  Unfortunately the state was successful in their suit regarding the CSO.  
I will not get on a cruise ship of any brand that doesn’t require proof of vaccination and most Princess customers feel the same way.  

• Like 10

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I get the white screen also.  I'm "guessing" it might have something to do with how far out your cruise sails.  Mine isn't until 2023 (I'll probably book something sooner but not yet 😉).  I would think they would want responses that reflect your health status close to your sail date.  Or....it could just be that the app is a mess. 😂

12 hours ago, rabin1 said:

BUT

Kathy

Yes. The MedallionClass app required me to upload a picture of my vax card. I also uploaded my state verification 

@msmoger & @cr8tiv1I can upload on a cruise w/i 1 month but get the white screen of death on the cruise 5 months out. App line states thats too far out to enter health info

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yes. The MedallionClass app required me to upload a picture of my vax card. I also uploaded my state verification 

@msmoger & @cr8tiv1I can upload on a cruise w/i 1 month but get the white screen of death on the cruise 5 months out. App line states thats too far out to enter health info

But I uploaded on a cruise that is 8 months out...🤔

10 hours ago, whitecap said:

On the Princess website, I don't recall where but believe it was in the FAQ section, Princess states that if they cancel a booked cruise they will offer a comparable cruise at the same fare as the cancelled cruise and all benefits, extra OBC, specialty dinning etc, will transfer to the comparable cruise.  Several of our friends have had this happen and that is exactly what has taken place.

Yes, thats what they did for us.  Only if you take the comparable cruise offered online.

On 7/16/2021 at 7:23 AM, whitecap said:

For at least the first six months that cruises were being cancelled, Princess did not offer to move the booking to a comparable future cruise with price and perk protection.

Initially they offered a 25% bonus FCC if the passenger did not want a refund. At one point the bonus FCC was 100%. Now, if you want a refund for a recently cancelled cruise, the bonus FCC is 10%. But anyone who kept the money at Princess and received a bonus FCC lost any special perks that had been with the cancelled booking and any rebooking would be at current rates which, for the most part, are significantly higher.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, Syracusefan44 said:

I went into the Medallion app yesterday and under “health status” I answered a series of questions and then took a photo/uploaded of my CDC COVID-19 vaccine card to show proof of vaccination. 

Is your cruise out of Florida?

A possible work around since Princess home office is in California, all proof of vaccination will be done before the ship hits Florida waters. If the documentation is not pre scanned then you can not board.  If you volunteer your vaccination status you board.  I personally have made the choice not to cruise from any Florida port.  

21 minutes ago, SLC1954 said:

A possible work around since Princess home office is in California, all proof of vaccination will be done before the ship hits Florida waters. If the documentation is not pre scanned then you can not board.  If you volunteer your vaccination status you board.  I personally have made the choice not to cruise from any Florida port.  

Is this a guess?

please post link to your source. 

On 7/16/2021 at 5:35 AM, whitecap said:

The Princess website does indicate that passengers "must" provide proof of vaccination.  The question is, how will this affect cruises from Florida?  Is Princess willing to pay the "up to $5000 per passenger" that Florida can issue if the cruise line requires proof?  Now that NCL has filed a law suite against the Florida law, I think Princess will sit back and see if the court makes a decision between now and their first scheduled cruise in late November.  In the mean time, those who have final payment due are stuck between do I pay it off and hope for the best or cancel and lose any extras I may have gotten with this cruise.  DW and I have a Nov 28th 2021 booked and got a great deal on the fare and a lot of extras, if we cancel before final payment on Aug 16th, we lose all the extras we received; if Princess cancels the cruise they have to provide a comparable cruise and all the extra go with it.  We'll hold out until Aug 15th and make our decision.  The cruise lines that are forcing passengers who don't want to provide proof of vaccination to buy insurance coverage and pay a higher fare are still subjecting their other passengers to people who are not vaccinated!  Do you want to be on a cruise ship with 10%, 15%, 20% or more of the passengers not vaccinated?  

A-G-R-E-E  We don't want to sail with UN-vaccinated pax either!!